D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore) - Page 4




What's on your mind?

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    147

    Ignore Daeja
    My communities:

    Zuri had remained towards the back of the group, watching while others worked out the details of the Count's request.

    As such, she was one of the first to slip outside the door, nodding her head thankfully in Lady Mary's direction.

    "To the Lord or the Lady first, then?" Zuri asked.
    Last edited by Daeja; Saturday, 12th May, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Fiddling, fiddling.

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    Ignore treex
    OOC
    It's Lah'nun, which is the Melay word, lanun for pirate. Themes' original concept was that I'd port over various melay word because he's from a tribe of Watersoul Genasi that have adapted their own style of fighting that abuses their special body properties.

    On top of that, the first post of the page is rather bulky, I hope that you'll condense it by making the character names link to the page as opposed to putting the link under their names (color code them too )
    Last edited by treex; Saturday, 12th May, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #33
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,003

    Ignore jbear
    Zuri had remained towards the back of the group, watching while others worked out the details of the Count's request.

    As such, she was one of the first to slip outside the door, nodding her head thankfully in Lady Mary's direction.

    "To the Lord or the Lady first, then?" Zuri asked.
    as Zuri walks past Lady Mary she says: "Your choice. Only with the way things are at the moment they don't take kindly to anyone trespassing through the forest. Only way they are tolerating strangers is along the Tobacco Road which runs from the plantations through the forest to Crystalbrook. And you have to pay the tax and the bridge toll. Pfft, scoundrels hit everyone twice! You wouldn't believe what I've been paying for a roll this month! So you're going to have to go to Crystalbrook first in any case. Or risk the forest."
    Last edited by jbear; Saturday, 12th May, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #34
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    As the doors burst open a tiny songbird flits into the room, it lands and takes in the group, it appears to be judging them.

    ooc

    I can judge if you need. Forgive any rustiness, first judge-y time in a while

  • #35
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: Looks like all of the dialogue with the count happened while I was asleep.


    Wat accepted the task like the others but remained quiet. He was running through all the information in his head several times. Finally, on the way to the Singing Dolphin, the young priest speaks up.

    "The missing youth have surely given Lady Tamora and Lord Carric reasons to set aside their squabbles. Yet the animosity amongst their people still remains."

    When the others aren't necessarily following along, he continues.

    "It means the everyday concerns of the folks are not being met to a degree that would afford them the ability to unify behind their leaders. So the events that brought Lady Tamora and Lord Carric into concordance, may be serving as a distraction to their duties over their people."

    After a moment, Wat finishes his thought.

    "All I am saying is that their people may be losing trust in authority figures, of which one we are now the representatives of. Just be careful where you go waiving that writ around."

    Wat once more falls silent as they head to the harbor.

  • #36
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Ozymandias79's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    999

    Ignore Ozymandias79
    My communities:

    OOC: OK if now you got 2 judges to pick from as I throw my name into the hat as requested by you, @jbear

    I am available if you pick me
    Last edited by Ozymandias79; Sunday, 13th May, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

  • #37
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    Ignore treex
    "Ah, yes! Back to da' sea, had meself a case of homesickness." said Themes.

    He stops to ponder this for a while, then says: "YARR HARR HARR, me just had a thought: if da sea be my home and I be homesick, I'd say it be "piratically" correct to label me as seasick!"

    "Which is ironic because...ya'know, I be a pirate."
    he finished, weakly.

    OOC
    Wow! I've never seen a DM get to pick his own judge, usually it takes about three pages before a judge even shows up

    And I'm now using sblocks
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #38
    Registered User
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Nemesis Destiny's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,526

    Ignore Nemesis Destiny
    "I think we'll figure that out when we get there, Zuri." Sabynha's Vistani accent breathed richness into the name as she said it, "Zuri... that's a pretty name."

    She smiled genuinely, and continued walking.

    Even if Wat didn't think anyone was paying attention, Sabynha was. People-watching came second nature to her, and was a favourite hobby. Watching this person, well, needless to say that the pretty Vistani lass thought she could do much worse.

    "Don't worry, Brother Wat, I know what subtle means, even if I sometimes have trouble spelling it in Allarian."
    Sabynha said with a wink, as she tucked the writ into her blouse. After a brief pause, she added, coyly, "And I don't trust authority figures either - especially now that we represent one."

    She regretted that they were being escorted directly to the boat, in that there would be no time for her to relay the Count's message to Nani, but it sounded like time was of the essence.

    When they arrived in the harbour, she paused to regard the ship; sleek and fast - nothing like a Vistani boat, and far less colourful.

    ooc
    I have no idea if 'Brother' is the right term for Wat, so I'll have her make a Religion check. If this roll is "good enough" then assume she used the right term, if not, assume she got it wrong.
    Last edited by Nemesis Destiny; Saturday, 12th May, 2012 at 05:04 PM.

  • #39
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,003

    Ignore jbear
    As you walk towards the exit of the hall, somehow, despite having left by a completely opposite door with the count, the castellan stands their with a small sack. As each of you file past he dips into the sack and produces a small sack and hands them to each of you one by one.

    "Lah'nun Themes.
    "Brother Wat.
    Lady Sabynha.
    Lady Zuri.
    Ser Kraatus.
    Lady Rain.

    May your journey be swift and blessed with good fortune."


    Once distributed he bows and hurries away.

    GM: You each receive 50gp.


    Once outside Lady Mary informs you "We go through the market on the way to the harbour. If you need anything last minute and you know where to buy it then that will be your chance."

    As you walk towards the sea down the steep winding streets of Sybar, Wat begins to speak. Lady Mary nods at everything he says. "Insightful comments as always, young Wat. I knew I was wise to speak to Count Varis of you. The rest of you would do well to heed his words."

    As Sabynha adds her own response with more of a flourish Lady Mary scowls. "Not so subtle at all gypsy. Perhaps you should work more on your spelling and less on flirting with young priests." She moves quite deliberately in between them offering the young invoker's buttocks a familiar squeeze.

    A short time later you reach the marketplace which is already busy and bustling. The market of Sybar is quite a remarkable place. If you know where to look most anything is on offer. A kaleidoscope of colours, scents and sounds engulf you as you pass through towards the harbour.

    GM: Feel free to spend those 50 gp you just received, or visit Nani quickly


    A Call for Judges
    Hehehe, that's 3 judges we have all of a sudden! I guess my choice would be based on who felt that they had the lightest game load on at the moment. Which would imply having more time at their disposal to judge our game. If all 3 are well disposed ... ummm ... well, I'll cross that bridge if necessary. Probably by eenie meenie miney mo! Very DM-like! Thanks to all three of you! I have to spread XP before I can hit up @Ozymandias79 or @renau1g again. Maybe someone can cover me?
    Last edited by jbear; Saturday, 12th May, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #40
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    127

    Ignore LordGraz'zt
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeja View Post
    Zuri had remained towards the back of the group, watching while others worked out the details of the Count's request.

    As such, she was one of the first to slip outside the door, nodding her head thankfully in Lady Mary's direction.

    "To the Lord or the Lady first, then?" Zuri asked.
    "I suggest Crystalbrook first. They are blaming the fey for attacks upon them by blue skinned creatures. Perhaps if we can track down these attackers we can learn the truth of it?"

    As the group makes their way through the markets of Sybar, Kartuus moves to the elf maidens side putting his arm lightly on her back as if to guide her through the hustle and bustle of the crowds.

    "Something appears to be bothering you Lady Mary....."

    Diplomacy
    15+9=24
    Kartuus will attempt to insinuate himself with Lady Mary, laying the seeds for seduction (as she seems to be that way inclined). The main purpose of the conversation is to try understand what made her seemed so worry when speaking with the Count.

    Purchases
    Kartuus will purchase:
    Ball Bearings x 1 (10gp)
    Caltrops x 1 (10gp)
    Iron Spikes (1gp)

    He would also like to purchase some Cold Iron Shackles (30gp) but I am unsure if they will be available.

    I have made a Streetwise Roll just in case they are hard to procure:

    Streetwise (7+4) = 11

    Understandable if they are not available at all.

    If they are not he will buy one more lot of ball bearings and caltrops and some iron manacles (10gp) if available.

    A Call for Judges
    XP given.
    Kartuus = DM's favourite.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)
      By jbear in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Friday, 1st August, 2014, 11:08 AM
    2. The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 946
      Last Post: Saturday, 21st August, 2010, 03:44 PM
    3. Replies: 1187
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th February, 2010, 12:39 AM
    4. The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 997
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th December, 2009, 09:59 PM
    5. Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 418
      Last Post: Sunday, 29th November, 2009, 08:48 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •