D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore) - Page 74




What's on your mind?

  1. #731
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    865

    Ignore Neil1889
    Rain sighs. "I'll be honest, if I was to list my greatest aspirations in life, it would never include indulging in unicorn rustling. I shall however abide by the group decision on this one," she says, nodding towards the others.

 

  • #732
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Having been spotted by the Wilden (and obviously so), stealth was no longer an option for this mission. Gray would just have to convince the Wilden and Satyrs that he was a natural fox, and that he belonged in this area. Gray, trying to think back to his days of actually being an animal, only got fuzzy images and feelings... but the thought it might be enough to give him a clue.

    The first thing he remembered feeling as a young fox when confronted by a larger and more superior enemy was fear, and the instinctual sense to remain perfectly motionless. A lot of predators relied on movement to sense and/or follow their prey, and remaining still could possibly allow the predator to miss his presence. Next, he remembered feeling the urge to run as fast as he could. Thankfully he was pretty gifted in this area, and although he was incapable of completing any offensive uses of his psionic powers, he was still capable of tapping into its energy to enhance his speed and maneuverability! With all of those things in mind, he remained stock still until he could be sure of whether or not the Wilden would act as "predator".

  • #733
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,003

    Ignore jbear
    The wilden makes no move at all, though it does call the attention of the others and point Gray out. A few of them chuckle and talk about keeping Gray as a pet, but one of the battle scarred satyrs hushes them.

    "Quiet. When you ever seen a fox in the Garden? It could be one of the witches spies. Lets find out."

    He gets to its feet and picks up a nearby spear and begins to stalk slowly towards Gray, slowly, very slowly, raising its arm back for a throw.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #734
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Seeing the spear, Gray knows the Satyr means business. Just like an animal, he wasn't about to stick around to find out if he was going to do him harm, and like a skittish animal, Gray darts into the underbrush of the forest, and away from the group of Satyrs and Wilden at full speed!

    OOC: Gray double-moves away from the spear wielder, using Steel Wind [Movement], which allows him to move his speed +2. While in his tiny fox form, Gray's speed is 9, so now his movement speed is 11 with each use of Steel Wind [Movement]. If he gets to use double-move, he moves a total of 22 squares into the forest, darting among the brush and trees in an attempt to keep out of the spear wielders line of sight.

  • #735
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Wat shakes his head.

    Look, I will not risk any potential good will of another yet equally important faction in order to earn your favor or your master's.

    Take note however, Robin, that we are more than capable mediators and negotiators. If there is any quarrel between your master and Uma, than I suggest we arrange a meeting of both sides on neutral ground to settle it.

    But let me make it clear Robin...

    WE ARE NOT HERE TO MAKE MISCHIEF OR PLAY TRICKS.


    The last of which was said loudly enough in the hopes Gray would hear it.

  • #736
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,003

    Ignore jbear
    Robin raises an eyebrow when Wat raises his voice. He smiles and drinks the last of his drink. Tipping it up and shaking it for effect he says: "Ah, I'm empty. I need a refill. I am comforted to know you are not here to make mischief and saddened too. For I too am bound."

    He shrugs. "But let me make it clear, mediator. Ragnar wants to hear nothing of mediation. But you are all more than welcome to come and have a drink before you head off on your way to wherever it is that you are going that is not to meet Ragnar."

    Seemingly uninterested by what you decide either way and convinced you are not a threat, he turns his back and heads towards the glen where the other satyr's have grown very quiet.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #737
    Registered User
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Nemesis Destiny's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,526

    Ignore Nemesis Destiny
    Sabynha leaned in toward Wat in a very 'close' way. The vistani almost embraced him, and spoke quietly in his ear, trying to make it appear that she was just being 'friendly,' "Wat, it looks like we will have to play along, at least for now. Once we meet with Ragnar, we can decide what to do; we are not forced to do his bidding if it would work against our own goals, and perhaps we can 'mediate' this dispute without letting either side know what we are doing. Just a thought."

    Her back was to the Satyr, and her friends behind Wat could also see what she had to say.

  • #738
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    865

    Ignore Neil1889
    "Master Robin, I think that we should retire to take stock of your position and see if it can be reconciled with ours. I know very little of unicorns, so if perhaps you would inform me before I leave of anything I should know about them... over that drink," Rain nods, "then if after all we do find ourselves seeking out these creatures, at least we may do so with our eyes open. Like my friend here, I do find the situation rather uncomfortable."

    Rain was pretty much oblivious to Gray's predicament.

  • #739
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,003

    Ignore jbear
    Robin turns back and smiles warmly at Rain. "Yes, of course. When you have taken stock, you are more than welcome to come and share a drink, and some food. Either way, I sense you are not our enemy. So whatever you decide, I will not hold it against you."

    He makes a sweep with his arm as if to say 'when you wish you may join us' and then he leaves you alone to talk amongst yourselves.

    Just as he reaches the edge of the glen, still within view, you notice that he is met by a well muscled satyr, much bigger and brawnier than Robin. He has a spear in his hand and he points agitatedly off through the side of the trees. Robin turns back to contemplate the group and then looks off towards the side where the other satyr has pointed.

    He hurries back to you and with a smile and a bow he says "I am sorry, Rain and other mediators. Ragnar's general fears there are spies nearby within the woods. I suggest you find your friend and caution him not to stray far. His life could be in danger."

    With another bow he skips back towards the glen.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #740
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    After his little escapade with the spear wielding satyr, Gray realizes that he just wasn't going to find that key the sneaky way. With that in mind, he raced his tiny little fox legs back to his original hiding spot, shifts back into his humanoid form and walks out from behind the trees to join his friends.

    Still attempting to maintain his original ruse, he says "Ahhh! That's better! Did I miss anything?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 74 of 155 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)
      By jbear in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Friday, 1st August, 2014, 11:08 AM
    2. The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 946
      Last Post: Saturday, 21st August, 2010, 03:44 PM
    3. Replies: 1187
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th February, 2010, 12:39 AM
    4. The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 997
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th December, 2009, 09:59 PM
    5. Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 418
      Last Post: Sunday, 29th November, 2009, 08:48 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •