What's on your mind?
+ Log in or register to post
Results 11 to 20 of 42
Friday, 4th May, 2012, 05:18 PM #1
Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Read 18 Reviews
- Blog Entries
Ý Ignore Morrus
Dave Arneson's Personal RPG Collection For Auction
Dave Arneson, co-creator of D&D (other other, of course, being Gary Gygax) had - as might be expected - quite a collection. These items are being auctioned, and include, according to GeekDad, "..his original gaming dice. His original Dungeons & Dragons and Blackmoor campaign manuscripts. His first printing, woodgrain boxed set play copy of D&D. Letters from Gary Gygax. Other letters, notes, documents, artwork, photos, cartography, rare wargames and hand-made models and miniatures. And more."
There are about 10,000 items in total, and the series of eBay auctions will begin on Sunday, May 6th.
- His original gaming dice.
- His original Dungeons & Dragons and Blackmoor campaign manuscripts.
- His first printing, woodgrain boxed set play copy of D&D.
- Letters from Gary Gygax.
- Other letters, notes, documents, artwork, photos, cartography, rare wargames and hand-made models and miniatures.
- Published games, game accessories, periodicals, and books.
- Arneson’s Smith Corona: Mark IV typewriter.
- A set of lead crystal goblets etched with Arneson’s family heraldry.
- A model ship made of metal.
- Unpublished manuscripts that did not make it into the final draft of Dungeons & Dragons that date as far back as 1973.
- Older items from 1971 and 1972 “dealing with the Blackmoor campaign and the Castle itself,” which may reveal secrets about the game’s origins.
- Runs of Gygax’s Castle & Crusade Society and Domesday Book newsletters.
- Arneson’s Corner of the Table newsletter which discusses his various campaigns, including his Blackmoor exploits.
- Arneson’s personal copy of a book he created called “Dungeonmaster’s Index,” an index of all monsters, spells, rules, and magic items, which was published under his own name and without a license.
- Arneson’s locked briefcase (contents unrevealed).
- Arneson’s 1959 game of Risk.
You'll find the auctions on eBay at this link, though there won't be anything there until May 6th.
By Alaxk Knight of Galt in forum General RPG DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: Friday, 4th May, 2012, 05:47 PM
By BOZ in forum General RPG DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: Monday, 15th June, 2009, 07:04 AM
By questing gm in forum General RPG DiscussionReplies: 24Last Post: Monday, 6th April, 2009, 12:20 PM
By CTD in forum General RPG DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: Thursday, 13th March, 2003, 07:21 PM
By kenjib in forum General RPG DiscussionReplies: 25Last Post: Tuesday, 19th March, 2002, 05:30 PM