[LPF] Faith and Good Works

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

OOC: Any more rolls required on the Maps?
Cythera glances at Bren, knowing full well the Architect's Tomb was not mentioned before but mostly likely related to the threats to this town.

"Arsenalt, what did this man mean by 'every drop of blood weakens his chains'? Do you think it something to do with what is in the tomb?"

"Perhaps these creatures are stirred up by someone getting inside. But, fifty years is a long time for a human to still be alive. No one else came looking for this place recently have they?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
HP: 64 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
GM: No more rolls required on the maps. The location of the tomb is clearly marked.
[sblock=Bren]Just to confirm, the Architect's Tomb is nothing that you've heard of before.[/sblock]

"Don't ... know ..." Arsenalt croaks in response to Cythera's first two questions, which sets off another coughing fit. There's a speckling of blood on his lips when he finally straightens up and reaches for a mug of ale.

The one named Tafd fields the next question. "No visitors lately, miss. At least, no one's come through town except the usual traders and carvans." He shrugs. "That's not to say there's no one in the tomb, though. Nobody from Copperhead has bothered to go up there for years."

Arsenalt_150.jpg

... Arsenalt Hume ...

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren looks at Fury and Cythera and shrugs as Arsenalt finishes his painful speech. He says quietly to his friends, "The Architect's Tomb is nothing I've heard of . . . my dispatch was strictly in regards to the foreman's reports regarding attacks, and I know very little other than what he sent in his missives."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 46/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando is sickened by Arsenalt's tale and can only shake his head in dismay.

"I never mentioned the Architect's Tomb? I swear I had." He shrugs, glances around and then continues speaking to Bren. "Information from a contact of ours in Venza with an interest in making sure this tomb has not been defiled. I'm sure I mentioned that."

He frowns as he goes back to considering Arsenalt's story.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera looks curiously at the coughing fit and catches Bren's attention.

"Arsenalt, are you okay? We do have some healing that perhaps we can provide to ease your pain or even heal your injury."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
HP: 64 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Indeed, sir . . . I am a priest of no mean skill. I don't know if my magic will heal a wound 50 years set, but I am more than willing to try if you'll allow it."

[sblock=OOC]Thought of offering this in my previous post, but the fact that he's had it for 50 years argues that there's nothing more to be done. Of course, if there's no healer in this settlement, that would be different.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)

Prayers Available
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Arsenalt nods to Bren, but the aasimar gets the feeling that the dwarf is simply humoring him. Bren spends several minutes ministering to the old wound, but his attempts -- both divine and mundane -- are in vain. There's a raw, lingering viciousness to the injury that seems to inhibit healing. Even were the wound fresh, Bren suspects it would have hardly responded to treatment. He is able to ease some of the ache, however. When it's over, Arsenalt says nothing, but simply pats Bren on the shoulder. The message is clear: I appreciate you trying, but I didn't expect any different.

Arsenalt_150.jpg

... Arsenalt Hume ...

[sblock=GM]I've been trying to watch for it, but I hadn't seen any exchange until now where Cythera and Fury told Bren about the Architect's Tomb. If I missed it, sorry.

[sblock=Heal, DC 15]Arsenalt's scar is obviously from a piercing weapon, but it doesn't look like it came from a flat, bladed weapon like a dagger.[/sblock][sblock=Spellcraft, DC 20]The weapon used on Arsenalt had some sort of necromantic enchantment that even now inhibits proper healing. It would take a Heal spell or something similar to fix the injury.[/sblock][/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando stares at the mess of maps and the crowd of dwarves that have gathered around to help them piece this together.

"Pretty clear to me, then. We need to check out the Architect's Tomb."

He glances at Bren and Cythera to see if they have any other questions or suggestions.

[sblock=OOC]Fury's comments to the contrary, I'm also pretty sure the Architect's tomb was never mentioned. Mainly because we weren't sure how far we could trust the stranger we just met on the road. This is, I suppose, Fury's way of pushing the investigation in the direction he is pretty confident it needs to go and filling Bren in. He isn't making a big effort to hide the fact that he knows he didn't mention it earlier and a skilled diplomat like Bren would figure that out and, I hope, understand them not spilling all their plans/goals on first meeting.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren pokes (gently) around the wound in the man's throat, bringing both his skill in healing and his connection with the Divine into play. When he's able to do little more than grant a slight - and very temporary - relief from the pain the priest grunts in frustration. "This is plainly a puncture wound, but it was made by no flat blade. What was it, sir, that caused this wound? It looks like it was made by a pick-axe, or some other piercing tool.

"Whatever it was that caused it, I am unable to heal it. I am truly sorry, sir. Perhaps if you traveled to Irthos the head of my order could help you, but this is beyond me."

He then turns to the others. "Agreed . . . this Architect's Tomb seems the most likely place to start."

[sblock=OOC]Bren's Heal bonus is equal to the DC of the check, so that's not a tough one for him. On the other hand, he's got no clue about spellcraft or the arcane.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Prayers Available
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Arsenalt nods. "Was a milit'ry pick he had. They all had ... milit'ry picks. But his was diff'rent. Black. Saw-toothed. Vicious."

Given the mountainous terrain, the tomb is probably the best part of a day's travel away.

Arsenalt_150.jpg

... Arsenalt Hume ...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases