[LPF] Faith and Good Works

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera focuses and puts more arcane energy into the large blade, the bluish fire glinting on the edge making it appear to be hot. She whirls it downward at her side, twirling her right wrist as she lets the heavy blade gather momentum on its backward swing behind her.

As it completes half the circle, the point streaking upward from over her shoulder, she grasps the hilt once more with her other hand as well and raises the hilt above her head as the point reaches the apex of its arcing swing. She puts all her strength into the downward slash, trying to sever the creature's shoulder.

However, the wraithspawn side steps slightly and the blade glances off the armor instead, nearly causing the dragon disciple to stumble off balance.

No matter how hard she tries to be angry, the situation is becoming comical in the absurd, "Heh, if this keeps up much longer, I might have to trade my steal blades for a huge hammer and take up ringing bells in a church."

[Sblock=Actions]Cythera: Free Action: Talking
Activates Arcane Strike as Swift Action
Melee attack on [URL=http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] : Greatsword (Flanking/AS/Advice/FF/PA/Insp Cmd) (1d20+16=20, 2d6+18=22)
Move Action: none
Carak: none

This is sad. :p[/Sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
HP: 62 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Advice (+1 Att/Dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando drops almost to his knees to allow the wrathspawn's backswing to slash the air above his head. Pushing himself up to his feet again he combines the movement with an upward thrust hoping to slip the fine blade between the layers of the creature's armor. Luck is with him and he grins grimly as the blade pierces flesh.

"Enough, yet?"

It seems the young rogue stands too close to the wrathspawn for a long moment; sword sunk deep in the demonic creature's flesh and his offhand resting almost intimately on the thing's armor. With a snarl he pushes himself away, rips his blade free and crouches to await the retaliation.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: Bluff to Feint: 1d20+9=10; Failed
Standard: Rapier attack (flank + advice + IC - sick): 1d20+13=29, 1d6+2=4, 3d6=13
Hit AC 29 for 17 damage.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 42
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The foul creature seems to curl up around the thrust before sliding wetly off the blade and collapsing in the dirt. Its limbs scrabble weakly for a moment, and the red rage in its eyes fades and finally goes out. The mountainside is silent once more.

[sblock=Searching bodies]The wrathspawn are wearing spiked scale mail and carrying masterwork pickaxes of a very old style. They are not carrying anything else. Each of the creatures has a brand on the back of its neck that reads VVVR. The pickaxes have a symbol stamped into them:

Symbol.png

Cythera has seen all this before. Fury has seen the mark on the pickaxes recently, as well. What VVVR means is anyone's guess.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera nods a congratulations to Fury on finding his own and finishing the last one. She is not one to keep score, in any case. She offers a hand to Bren and pulls him back up onto the beaten track.

"I wonder if this has anything to do with your investigation, Bren. These creatures were probably sent here to waylay either us or you."

She calls to the husky to come back. Even though Carak whines a bit when he does, she pats him on the head for reassurance. The dog takes the time to mark his territory on one of the dead wraithspawn.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
HP: 52 Current: 65
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Advice (+1 Att/Dmg)

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)

Carak
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 04/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I guess it was enough. They were certainly lucky. 'Til the end, that is."

Orlando relaxes as the wrathspawn's limbs stop thrashing and glances around to check the condition of his allies.

"All well?"

With a wry smile Orlando returns Cythera's nod of congratulations and then laughs as Carak marks his territory. He helps with the searching and frowns at the familiar symbol and the lack of items he might find useful. He waves towards the armor and picks.

"What should we do with this stuff? Would Ben want it returned? I have to say I'm not keen on weighing myself down with a bunch of armor and weapons."

• Orlando Furioso •

HP: 56 Current: 42

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera gathers up the items that are salvageable for resale. She removes some empty sacks and twine from her haversack if necessary.

"I can carry some of it. I have these empty sacks and some twine to carry the gear dangling off my pack. But we also have enough room in Carak saddlebags too."

While waiting for Bren to comment on her earlier statements, she starts gathering up the equipment.

HP: 52 Current: 65

Carak
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 04/13

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren looks around at the carnage; now that the flush of adrenaline is passing his golden skin pales somewhat and he looks slightly ill. He swallows convulsively several times before turning to answer Cythera's observation. "It's certainly possible. I was given little detail regarding the villager's exact complaints . . . (another swallow as he accidentally catches a glimpse of the battle-dancer's handiwork, which is decidedly more messy than the neat punctures left by Fury's rapier) . . . so I won't know for sure until we arrive and can question them."

He looks over the creatures' kit, examining the armor and pick-axes carefully. "You asked about returning this? So it's likely it was taken from one with whom you're acquainted? There's some room in my pack as well; I can carry some of it if needed."

Once he's examined the gear and asked his question, he focuses his will to open a channel with his divine benefactor. Warmth spreads again through those gathered around, restoring the life and vitality so recently stolen by the WrathSpawn.

Channel Energy (3d6=12)

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (22 Flat-Footed, 23 Touch)
HP: 46/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Ah, yes..."

Orlando hesitates as he realizes he may have given away more of his and Cythera's business than he should have to this stranger regardless of how friendly and harmless he seems. His mental shrug translates to a slight physical lifting of the shoulders. He kneels down to wipe his blade clean and continues to explain his thoughts to Breninyr. Who knows, maybe this odd priest has some insight.

"Our benefactor believes these things may have looted a holy sight near here. We have been sent to discover if that is true."

Orlando slings his pack from his shoulders and begins moving things from the main pocket into one of the smaller side pockets. It seems that he has an amazing quantity of items stuffed within and when he finishes his repacking he looks appraisingly inside the main pocket.

"I think that I can pack a bit of that in here without weighing me down too much."

Orlando glances up with an expression of surprise as divine energies wash over him and knit his wounds. He peels back his shirt at the neck and twists to get a look at the spot where the wrathspawn bit him. Little remains of the wound except a gentle arc of scabbed over punctures and its mirror likeness on the other side of his shoulder. He nods his approval.

"Thank you, Breninyr."

• Orlando Furioso •

HP: 56 Current: 54

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren responds with an enigmatic smile. "'We also serve,' eh? Plainly, my abilities lie more in the area of support and supply than in combat. I've led a sheltered life 'till now . . . time I learned the more, um, practical side of life."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 46/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera doesn't bat an eyelash as Fury explains more to the traveling cleric. After fighting alongside the man and receiving his aid, actions are speaking for themselves. She skirches the husky's head after the healing energies deal with Carak's wounds and he is not longer suffering. She still has a scratch from the place where the last pickaxe got her, but it is nothing to trouble her.

"Thank you, Bren. You have made Carak happy as well."

Now that the recovered gear is stowed away amongst them, she comments, "I think we should be on our way. The sooner we get to the village, the sooner we can begin learning more and if this related."

"Carak, boy, keep your nose ready to sniff out more of these creatures... Maybe, we should take a bit of time to try and track where these came from."

She started rolling the dead aberrations off the road and over the cliff.

HP: 64 Current: 65
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow

Carak
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases