[LPF] Faith and Good Works - Page 16





  1. #151
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,424
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    Orlando walks along and ends up falling a step or two behind Breninyr as the three and Carak arrive at the town. This sort of dwarven architecture and settlement is new to him and he tries not to show weakness by gawking like a green tourist. He nods his respect to the dwarven guards but stops to allow Breninyr or Cythera the opportunity to speak with them.

    "I am yours to command, Master Hydref," he says quietly.


    • Orlando Furioso •

    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 54
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand: rapier

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

 

  • #152
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,216
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    The priest examines the architecture with interest as the small group approaches the town - while he's studied such things this is the first time he's had a chance to actually see them "live and in person."

    He looks somewhat startled when Fury makes his declaration, but approaches the crossbowmen with confidence. "Greetings, goodmen! My name is Breninyr Hydref, an emissary from Irthos. One of your appealed to us for aid in dealing with some recent unnatural occurrences in the area. To whom should I speak about such matters?"
    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Breninyr Hydref
    Initiative: +0
    AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
    HP: 46/56
    CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
    Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
    Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

    Prayers Available
    Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
    2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
    3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #153
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera strides in through the gates beside Bren and glances curiously at Fury. In the short time he has known him, this was an unexpected statement. Of course, the roguish man was a from the big city and used to talking to people around that environment.

    For her, it is the opposite, she came from a smaller town and is fine with dealing with people that live there. However, she is still planning to follow the monk's lead as he was directed to come here, while she and Fury are on a different quest.

    "I am Cythera e'Kiernan and this is Carak."

    She stands beside Bren, not needing to say more than introducing herself.

    Carak, glares at the townsfolk, looking for anyone that is going to approach his mistress in a threatening manner. He is diligent and not feeling the need for being socially polite... yet.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
    HP: 64 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: longbow
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #154
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,034
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    The guards converse in dwarven briefly before the elder of the pair answers Bren. "Aye, that'd be Foreman Morgimm Renlow, headman of th' town and elder of the clan Renlow. I'll take ye to 'im."

    The guardsman leads the trio through the streets of the town and into one of the refineries. The place bustles with activity and stinks with the acrid smell of various acids used in the process of turning ore into copper. Most of the business seems to center around a stern-looking dwarf who directs those around him with an attitude that does not encourage either discussion or sloth.

    "Wait here," the guard dwarf says, hustling off. He approaches the foreman and speaks briefly in his ear. Renlow looks up and favors the trio with a disapproving frown before waving the guard off and turning back to his work.

    "It'll be a short time before he can speak to ye," the guard informs you upon his return. "He's busy."




    .. Morgrimm Renlow ..
    Last edited by Systole; Friday, 20th July, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

  • #155
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,424
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    Orlando gazes around as if he is looking for something in particular. He turns back to his two battle companions and smiles.

    "Bureaucracy, eh? I guess we wait, then."


    Orlando Furioso

    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 54
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand: rapier

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

  • #156
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera stands at ease watching curiously as the dwarves work away, the picture of patience.

    "Certainly, Fury. Carak, go on and say hello." Ever the diplomat, the husky looks up and wags his tail and then moves to the guard sniffing in greeting, nosing the dwarf's crotch and checking out the rear.

    Meanwhile, Cythera strikes up a conversation, "Don't mind him. So, what is that they are making? Business good?"

    Carak snuffles and then gives a dog-like harrumph and returns to his mistress's side. He sits and scratches behind his ear with a hind leg.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
    HP: 64 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: longbow
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #157
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,216
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    Bren smiles graciously at the foreman, then turns the same smile upon their guide before speaking just loudly enough to be heard by Foreman Renlow. "Aye, we'll be happy to wait upon Ser Renlow's pleasure. After all, it was he that requested our aid . . . so long as he's content to take the extra time before he begins making use of our talents, who are we to argue?"

    He turns to his travelling companions and speaks much more softly. "Such are the games we're often forced to play . . ."
    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Breninyr Hydref
    Initiative: +0
    AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
    HP: 46/56
    CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
    Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
    Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

    Prayers Available
    Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
    2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
    3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #158
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,034
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    Eventually the foreman heads into an office, jerking a thumb at the guardsman, who nods and ushers you in after him. The office is spartan, and filled with tomes on engineering and metallurgy, as well as a well-used mining helmet and pick -- it would seem Renlow is no slouch in the mineshafts himself. He's sitting in a high-backed leather chair reading a report of some sort. He frowns and scribbles a note on the bottom of the page before placing it in one of the trays on his desk.

    He surveys the group without speaking for a long moment, and the impression you're getting is one of disapproval. The impression is immediately confirmed as soon as the dwarf starts speaking. "So ... this is the Irthian assistance I've waited seven weeks for? A woman and a pair of boys? Hells, this one practically looks like some sort of elven half-breed," he scoffs, indicating Bren.

    He leans forward, cold anger in his eyes. "Is this supposed to be a joke? I've lost three men in the past month, and five the month before that. Production is down twenty percent because I've had to reassign miners to lookouts and guards. I want you to understand something: There are more buyers for our copper than just Irthos, so if you don't want to uphold your half of our trade agreement and send real aid, you can go spit down a mineshaft. Your alchemical guilds and your bronzesmiths and your royal mint will never see a pennyweight of our copper again. Not. One. Pennyweight. I promise you that."

    He leans back, still fuming. "Now, you've come to say something. Say it and get out with ye."



    .. Morgrimm Renlow ..
    Last edited by Systole; Monday, 23rd July, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

  • #159
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,216
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    Bren's been well prepared by his briefings for the gruff Dwarves, and is not flustered at all by the foreman's manner. He smiles calmly, and when he speaks there's no trace of the naive innocence he showed his friends on the trail . . . supreme confidence comes through every nuance of his speech.

    "Be easy, Master Renlow . . . be easy. I assure you that Irthos takes your concerns seriously. My superiors have given such details as you've sent their consideration, and have judged that I am the best equipped to handle the situation. While I'm sure you sent us all the information you had at the time, it was yet scarce. My friends and I stand ready to begin our investigation. Please fill us in on everything that's happened since your last missive to my superiors."

    'Bout Time I Had a Good Roll!

    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Breninyr Hydref
    Initiative: +0
    AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
    HP: 46/56
    CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
    Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
    Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

    Prayers Available
    Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
    2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
    3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #160
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    OOC: Come on, no one is going to react to the ball sniffer? Not even a chuckle?
    Cythera has not had many dealings with the grumpy dwarves, the lecherous ones are another matter though. But, bureaucrats and such are pretty much the same all over, they like to impress upon people their own importance.

    She looks at the ranting dwarf with a raised eyebrow and then a smirking smile. She just nods at all the right places.

    "Master Renlow, this dog is a mighty war-hound and he just had to come to your aid. Dragging us along to be sure."

    "But, I if you wish to see evidence of our abilities, have you had sightings of wrathspawn about? We took out four of them, not very far from here. As you can see, we are none the worst for wear."


    Carak has no idea he is should be posed to appear impressive. Instead the husky is staring at the angry dwarf, on the verge of growling.

    Diplomacy Aid Another (1d20+6=21)

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
    HP: 64 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: longbow
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. EN World GameStore - "Good Faith" Signup for Startup Publishers!
      By Morrus in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th December, 2005, 01:51 AM
    2. EN World GameStore - "Good Faith" Signup for Startup Publishers!
      By Morrus in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2005, 08:46 PM
    3. Goal a Paladin class that works for every faith. What am I missing?
      By DragonTurtle in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th December, 2004, 01:51 AM
    4. Faith Caster from Path of Faith
      By Gilwen in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Tuesday, 8th July, 2003, 01:36 PM
    5. "In the Works"; DR against "good"?
      By Alzrius in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th May, 2003, 02:02 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •