[LPF] Faith and Good Works

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando walks along and ends up falling a step or two behind Breninyr as the three and Carak arrive at the town. This sort of dwarven architecture and settlement is new to him and he tries not to show weakness by gawking like a green tourist. He nods his respect to the dwarven guards but stops to allow Breninyr or Cythera the opportunity to speak with them.

"I am yours to command, Master Hydref," he says quietly.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The priest examines the architecture with interest as the small group approaches the town - while he's studied such things this is the first time he's had a chance to actually see them "live and in person."

He looks somewhat startled when Fury makes his declaration, but approaches the crossbowmen with confidence. "Greetings, goodmen! My name is Breninyr Hydref, an emissary from Irthos. One of your appealed to us for aid in dealing with some recent unnatural occurrences in the area. To whom should I speak about such matters?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 46/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera strides in through the gates beside Bren and glances curiously at Fury. In the short time he has known him, this was an unexpected statement. Of course, the roguish man was a from the big city and used to talking to people around that environment.

For her, it is the opposite, she came from a smaller town and is fine with dealing with people that live there. However, she is still planning to follow the monk's lead as he was directed to come here, while she and Fury are on a different quest.

"I am Cythera e'Kiernan and this is Carak."

She stands beside Bren, not needing to say more than introducing herself.

Carak, glares at the townsfolk, looking for anyone that is going to approach his mistress in a threatening manner. He is diligent and not feeling the need for being socially polite... yet.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
HP: 64 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
The guards converse in dwarven briefly before the elder of the pair answers Bren. "Aye, that'd be Foreman Morgimm Renlow, headman of th' town and elder of the clan Renlow. I'll take ye to 'im."

The guardsman leads the trio through the streets of the town and into one of the refineries. The place bustles with activity and stinks with the acrid smell of various acids used in the process of turning ore into copper. Most of the business seems to center around a stern-looking dwarf who directs those around him with an attitude that does not encourage either discussion or sloth.

"Wait here," the guard dwarf says, hustling off. He approaches the foreman and speaks briefly in his ear. Renlow looks up and favors the trio with a disapproving frown before waving the guard off and turning back to his work.

"It'll be a short time before he can speak to ye," the guard informs you upon his return. "He's busy."

Morgrimm_150.png

.. Morgrimm Renlow ..

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando gazes around as if he is looking for something in particular. He turns back to his two battle companions and smiles.

"Bureaucracy, eh? I guess we wait, then."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera stands at ease watching curiously as the dwarves work away, the picture of patience.

"Certainly, Fury. Carak, go on and say hello." Ever the diplomat, the husky looks up and wags his tail and then moves to the guard sniffing in greeting, nosing the dwarf's crotch and checking out the rear.

Meanwhile, Cythera strikes up a conversation, "Don't mind him. So, what is that they are making? Business good?"

Carak snuffles and then gives a dog-like harrumph and returns to his mistress's side. He sits and scratches behind his ear with a hind leg.

Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 :)dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Chakram: 8/8 :)Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)

Carak
Initiative: +2; :)Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13 :)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren smiles graciously at the foreman, then turns the same smile upon their guide before speaking just loudly enough to be heard by Foreman Renlow. "Aye, we'll be happy to wait upon Ser Renlow's pleasure. After all, it was he that requested our aid . . . so long as he's content to take the extra time before he begins making use of our talents, who are we to argue?"

He turns to his travelling companions and speaks much more softly. "Such are the games we're often forced to play . . ."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)

Prayers Available
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Eventually the foreman heads into an office, jerking a thumb at the guardsman, who nods and ushers you in after him. The office is spartan, and filled with tomes on engineering and metallurgy, as well as a well-used mining helmet and pick -- it would seem Renlow is no slouch in the mineshafts himself. He's sitting in a high-backed leather chair reading a report of some sort. He frowns and scribbles a note on the bottom of the page before placing it in one of the trays on his desk.

He surveys the group without speaking for a long moment, and the impression you're getting is one of disapproval. The impression is immediately confirmed as soon as the dwarf starts speaking. "So ... this is the Irthian assistance I've waited seven weeks for? A woman and a pair of boys? Hells, this one practically looks like some sort of elven half-breed," he scoffs, indicating Bren.

He leans forward, cold anger in his eyes. "Is this supposed to be a joke? I've lost three men in the past month, and five the month before that. Production is down twenty percent because I've had to reassign miners to lookouts and guards. I want you to understand something: There are more buyers for our copper than just Irthos, so if you don't want to uphold your half of our trade agreement and send real aid, you can go spit down a mineshaft. Your alchemical guilds and your bronzesmiths and your royal mint will never see a pennyweight of our copper again. Not. One. Pennyweight. I promise you that."

He leans back, still fuming. "Now, you've come to say something. Say it and get out with ye."

Morgrimm_150.png

.. Morgrimm Renlow ..

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren's been well prepared by his briefings for the gruff Dwarves, and is not flustered at all by the foreman's manner. He smiles calmly, and when he speaks there's no trace of the naive innocence he showed his friends on the trail . . . supreme confidence comes through every nuance of his speech.

"Be easy, Master Renlow . . . be easy. I assure you that Irthos takes your concerns seriously. My superiors have given such details as you've sent their consideration, and have judged that I am the best equipped to handle the situation. While I'm sure you sent us all the information you had at the time, it was yet scarce. My friends and I stand ready to begin our investigation. Please fill us in on everything that's happened since your last missive to my superiors."

[sblock='Bout Time I Had a Good Roll!]Diplomacy (1d20+13=32)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Prayers Available
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: Come on, no one is going to react to the ball sniffer? Not even a chuckle? :p
Cythera has not had many dealings with the grumpy dwarves, the lecherous ones are another matter though. But, bureaucrats and such are pretty much the same all over, they like to impress upon people their own importance.

She looks at the ranting dwarf with a raised eyebrow and then a smirking smile. She just nods at all the right places.

"Master Renlow, this dog is a mighty war-hound and he just had to come to your aid. Dragging us along to be sure."

"But, I if you wish to see evidence of our abilities, have you had sightings of wrathspawn about? We took out four of them, not very far from here. As you can see, we are none the worst for wear."

Carak has no idea he is should be posed to appear impressive. Instead the husky is staring at the angry dwarf, on the verge of growling.

Diplomacy Aid Another (1d20+6=21)

Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 :)dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Chakram: 8/8 :)Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Carak
Initiative: +2; :)Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13 :)

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases