[LPF] Faith and Good Works

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando doesn't smile but maintains a serious expression as he focuses on the dwarven mine foreman.

"No joke, Master Renlow. For good or ill, we are the aid you are receiving. We may not have accrued your years of wisdom but we are more than capable of deciphering puzzles... and killing them, if need be. Three to five a month? How long before production stops entirely? You can't sell what you can't produce, Master Renlow. We can help you with that."

[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20+13=18, which should put our total at 36.

And perrin, I chuckled.;)[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Renlow seems mildly mollified by Bren's words, at least to the point of not throwing the emissary out on his ear. He settles back slightly and listens, a stern but thoughtful look on his face. He nods grudgingly. "Aye, you may be the best Irthos could send, but I don't appreciate the seven bloody weeks it took to respond. If and when you make it back to Irthos, you tell your superiors that Heth has been beating down our door for our copper, since bronze doesn't rust in the swamps like iron does. Now, I'd sooner deal with blasted elves than with the lizardkin, but I'd invite one of the scaly bastards into my house and serve him breakfast in bed if it was the difference between this town being safe or not. So this is your chance, Irthian. You hold up your half of the trade agreement, or there is no blasted trade agreement. And the next time there's a problem, you come running. You understand?"

He steeples his fingers. "Now, there isn't much to tell beyond the first message I sent. Or the second, or the third, or the bloody fourth, except that there seem to be more of the bloody beasties every day, harassing our caravans and our miners. We killed a few early on, but it seems like they're getting tougher, too. And the hells if I know what they are or where they come from. Wrathspawn, did you call them? Well, if you killed four and can prove it, there's a bounty you can claim."

[sblock=Bren]The dwarf's grievances seem pretty legitimate, and his threat to supply Heth is not something Irthos wants to happen. Someone in Irthos dropped the ball on this one.[/sblock]

GM: Great rolls on the Diplomacy checks, but Renlow is a tough nut to crack, and he's not going to be happy with Irthos until the threat to his town is ended. And given his demeanor, it seems unlikely he'd be happy even then.

Morgrimm_150.png

.. Morgrimm Renlow ..

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren listens intently to the dwarf's complaints, his expression growing more grave as it becomes clear how long his country took to respond to the town's complaints.

"Ser Renlow, I offer sincere apologies on behalf of my country. I assure you I had no idea how long it took us to respond. I assure you that I'll do all I can to take care of this situation for you, and that if I fail it will be because I've perished in the attempt. I'll also take your complaints back to my government, along with a faithful report of the situation. I'll not hesitate to use Heth's offers of trade to improve your outcome, either."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 46/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando nods sympathetically as Morgrimm Renlow tells his tale.

"Sadly, we tossed the vile things off the road and down the mountain. Now, we have work to do and you have work to do... perhaps you could have one of your men show us some maps of the area so we can pinpoint where these things are coming from. And so we don't take up more of your valuable time. Unless my companions have other questions?"

He looks to Bren and Cythera to see if they've thought of things to ask that Orlando hasn't.

• Orlando Furioso •

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera reaches into her gear and produces one of the pick axes and pulls a set of armor from Carak's saddlebags. Carak remains his stoic self, not interested in getting a better whiff of this dwarf's genitalia.

"Master Renlow, as fearsome of a warrior the husky is, he is not so uncouth to bring back trophies of the creatures. But, we did keep their armor and weapons. Would like to see all of them?"

"We are concerned about where these creatures might be originating. Any further information would be useful, as Fury has mentioned."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
HP: 64 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 :)dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow
Chakram: 8/8 :)Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; :)Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13 :)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
Morgrimm raises an eyebrow slightly as Cythera produces the armor and weapons. It's apparently as close as he's willing to show that he's somewhat impressed. "Aye, that looks like their kit. And their blood on it. I'll have the bounty brought around to ye. And we'll take the kit off your hands for a fair price if you don't want to carry it."

He strokes his beard. "These mountains have been a home to dwarves since the dawn of time. They're riddled with mines, caves, and tombs -- many of them we know about, but there's a fair number whose knowledge is lost even to us. I'll provide such maps as we have if it'll aid your search, with the understanding that you'll talk to me before you enter any dwarven tomb, whether it be known to us or not. I'll not have anyone traipsing willy-nilly about the graves of our ancestors.

"Now, I imagine you want to settle in for the evening. There's room at Harsk's Inn. The beds will be soft enough for your kind and they import lowland ale that you'll be able to handle. Your meals'll cost no coin provided you share your news and tales with the room, as is the way of Seithr dwarves."

GM: If there's more you want to ask, feel free. Or if you're done here, you can move to the inn, and a messenger will bring around maps and the bounty money.

Morgrimm_150.png

.. Morgrimm Renlow ..

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando shrugs out of his pack and peels it open to extract the suit of armor he had stuffed in it.

"I've another here... Thank you, Master Renlow. Now we don't want to keep you further so we'll be headed off to Harsk's Inn where we'll gladly share our news."

• Orlando Furioso •

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera smiles as things are coming to a satisfactory conclusion.

"Indeed, Master Renlow. We only kept the armor and weapons due to their value of resale. Turns out to be a wise choice for claiming bounties as well. We thank you for dealing honestly with us."

"I don't think we plan to enter any dwarven tombs, unless it is to deal with this scourge of abominations. But we shall inform you of such endeavors if they occur."

"Well, I agree, Fury. Bren. Let us depart and head to the inn."

After taking their leave of the dwarf, Cythera comments to her companions, "You may tell the tales, Fury. I can perform a dance or two. Though perhaps these townsfolk are too parochial for some of my more enjoyable routines. Particularly those of the veil."

Carak replies with a chuffing harrumph, not impressed aparently.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
HP: 64 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 :)dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow
Chakram: 8/8 :)Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; :)Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13 :)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases