[LPF] Faith and Good Works - Page 21




What's on your mind?

  1. #201
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,275

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    "Well, my friends, is there aught else to be learned here before we make preparations to head to the tomb? If not, I could use some rest and meditation time before we strike out." The priest looks to his companions, quirking an eyebrow and waiting for any other questions they wish to ask.
    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Breninyr Hydref
    Initiative: +0
    AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
    HP: 46/56
    CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
    Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
    Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

    Prayers Available
    Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
    2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
    3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

 

  • #202
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,478
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera has some knowledge of magical things and considers what Bren has said and tried to do. Then she comments, "It sounds like there is some necromancy at work on that old wound. Perhaps a magical property of the weapon used. It certainly sounds nefarious enough. I believe it will take a potent healing spell to cure."

    "I think all that is needed is a rest tonight and I will be fresh for travel once more. Originally I was thinking we might need mounts from here, but if it is only a day's walk, then arriving a few more hours sooner will not be much benefit. Without them, we need not worry about horses left to themselves when we enter the tomb either."

    "I suppose we should send word to the Foreman of our intentions."

    OOC: Take 10 on Spellcraft +11

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
    HP: 64 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #203
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,104

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    GM: Anything @GlassEye wants to contribute? Otherwise I'll push along to tomorrow morning under the assumption that (a) you'll head to the tomb tomorrow, (b) there are no supplies you're desperate to pick up beforehand, and (c) you're informing Renlow of your intentions.

  • #204
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,275

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    OOC: That all sounds reasonable to me.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #205
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,597

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Orlando watches as Bren attempts to heal Arsenalt's old injury. He's concerned and it shows in his face and posture but he is out of his element and so he stays out of the way. He nods his agreement with Cythera's plan.

    "Agreed. Sleep and then to the tomb of the Architect. I have everything I need so I'll be ready to go first thing."

    OOC
    Sorry for the delay.



    Orlando Furioso

    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 54
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand:

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
    [/QUOTE]

  • #206
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,478
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera asks the proprietor about drawing a hot bath for her before bed.

    Seeing that they are about to retire, she says, "I am sorry we are not able to do more for you, Arsenault. We wish you a good evening. If you would be so kind, could you suggest if we should send word tonight to the Foreman of our intentions, or go see him ourselves in the morn?"

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
    HP: 64 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #207
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,104

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Arsenalt says, "If you're asking whether Renlow cares if you loot the Architect's Tomb ... no. It's not a dwarven tomb. But he will want to know where you went."

    The elder dwarves nod. "Aye, best to inform young Renlow," one of the old men says. He gestures to a younger dwarf that might be his grandson. "Garet! Run and tell the Foreman the visitors'll be going to the Tomb of the Architect!"

    That business being taken care of, debate immediately resumes. "Hmph. So it's human magics making these .... these wraith-pawns?"

    "Not surprising, when you think on it, really. Always mucking about in secrets that mortals weren't meant to know, your average human is." The speaker coughs politely and nods at the adventuring party. "Present company excepted, o' course."

    Fury, Cythera, and Bren are led upstairs to their rooms. A human-sized bath has been prepared for Cythera, with scaldingly hot water. Like the meals, the beds are simply functional. Extremely clean, but not particularly comfortable. Once or twice during the night, the distant screams of wrathspawn echo off the surrounding peaks.

    Breakfast is, unsurprisingly, bland but hearty porridge, and the inn has prepared a few days' worth of rations for everyone. There's a bigger surprise, however. The map showing the location of the tomb has been extensively marked with notes detailing trail hazards and shortcuts. A short message in the corner of the parchment reads, "Good luck. -AH." It seems Arsenalt took an hour or two after everyone went to bed to annotate the map.

    GM: Two Survival rolls when you move out of the inn. Please let me know which is first and which is second. Just one roll for Carak, though.

  • #208
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,597

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Orlando has a bit of the porridge for breakfast even though he doesn't need it. He spends more time chatting than he does eating, however; one of the benefits of being sustained by magic.

    "Don't know about you two but I didn't sleep too well. Something about the air just doesn't smell right. And those things bellowing out in the mountains all night. Made my skin crawl." He grins and looks much less concerned than his comments seem to imply. "So you ready to go see what we can find out and maybe do something about this?"

    He pushes back from the table, shoulders his pack, adjusts his sword belt so that his rapier's hilt falls in the ideal spot and, finally, moves over to the door opening it for the others.

    "After you."


    Orlando Furioso

    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 54
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand:

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

  • #209
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,478
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera's hot bath helps her get a good night's sleep. Getting rid of the bedbugs helped as well. After breaking fast, she is dressed and ready to go.

    Taking note of the annotations, she smiles, "That was quite nice of him. A shame we could not do more for him."

    Tucking the map away, assuming it is her job to follow it, Cythera gives Fury a smile and precedes him out into the morning mountain air. Carak is following protectively on her heels.

    Rolls
    If it is following a map, taking 10's on the rolls would be my choice. +6 Survival for 16.
    If not, then: 1st Survival (1d20+6=8) & 2nd Survival (1d20+6=14)
    Carak's: Survival (1d20+5=11)
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
    HP: 64 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #210
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,275

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Bren rises somewhat later than the others, having wakened and decided that his bed felt better than getting up given the extent of his activity from the day before. After a short nap - 30 minutes or so - he finally gets up and performs his morning ablutions; they're so much more satisfying when done properly rather than through a cantrip.

    He goes downstairs and sees that he's running somewhat behind - the other two are most of the way through their porridge already! Setting aside his sloth he wolfs down the bland repast as he tries to catch a glimpse of the map before the Lady tucks it away. Soon enough is joining Fury, Cythera and Carak outisde the inn.

    Survival Rolls (1d20+6=26, 1d20+6=13)

    OOC
    Can we assume that with all of Bren's channelling last night in his attempts to heal the Dwarf - and a good night's sleep - we're at full HP?

    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Breninyr Hydref
    Initiative: +0
    AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
    HP: 56/56
    CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
    Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
    Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

    Prayers Available
    Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
    2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
    3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
    Last edited by Mowgli; Tuesday, 14th August, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. EN World GameStore - "Good Faith" Signup for Startup Publishers!
      By Morrus in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th December, 2005, 01:51 AM
    2. EN World GameStore - "Good Faith" Signup for Startup Publishers!
      By Morrus in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2005, 08:46 PM
    3. Goal a Paladin class that works for every faith. What am I missing?
      By DragonTurtle in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th December, 2004, 01:51 AM
    4. Faith Caster from Path of Faith
      By Gilwen in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Tuesday, 8th July, 2003, 01:36 PM
    5. "In the Works"; DR against "good"?
      By Alzrius in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th May, 2003, 02:02 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •