[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well, my friends, is there aught else to be learned here before we make preparations to head to the tomb? If not, I could use some rest and meditation time before we strike out." The priest looks to his companions, quirking an eyebrow and waiting for any other questions they wish to ask.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 46/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (04/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (05/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (01/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera has some knowledge of magical things and considers what Bren has said and tried to do. Then she comments, "It sounds like there is some necromancy at work on that old wound. Perhaps a magical property of the weapon used. It certainly sounds nefarious enough. I believe it will take a potent healing spell to cure."

"I think all that is needed is a rest tonight and I will be fresh for travel once more. Originally I was thinking we might need mounts from here, but if it is only a day's walk, then arriving a few more hours sooner will not be much benefit. Without them, we need not worry about horses left to themselves when we enter the tomb either."

"I suppose we should send word to the Foreman of our intentions."

OOC: Take 10 on Spellcraft +11

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 With
HP: 64 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 7/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
GM: Anything [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] wants to contribute? Otherwise I'll push along to tomorrow morning under the assumption that (a) you'll head to the tomb tomorrow, (b) there are no supplies you're desperate to pick up beforehand, and (c) you're informing Renlow of your intentions.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando watches as Bren attempts to heal Arsenalt's old injury. He's concerned and it shows in his face and posture but he is out of his element and so he stays out of the way. He nods his agreement with Cythera's plan.

"Agreed. Sleep and then to the tomb of the Architect. I have everything I need so I'll be ready to go first thing."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the delay.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera asks the proprietor about drawing a hot bath for her before bed.

Seeing that they are about to retire, she says, "I am sorry we are not able to do more for you, Arsenault. We wish you a good evening. If you would be so kind, could you suggest if we should send word tonight to the Foreman of our intentions, or go see him ourselves in the morn?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)

Carak
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
Arsenalt says, "If you're asking whether Renlow cares if you loot the Architect's Tomb ... no. It's not a dwarven tomb. But he will want to know where you went."

The elder dwarves nod. "Aye, best to inform young Renlow," one of the old men says. He gestures to a younger dwarf that might be his grandson. "Garet! Run and tell the Foreman the visitors'll be going to the Tomb of the Architect!"

That business being taken care of, debate immediately resumes. "Hmph. So it's human magics making these .... these wraith-pawns?"

"Not surprising, when you think on it, really. Always mucking about in secrets that mortals weren't meant to know, your average human is." The speaker coughs politely and nods at the adventuring party. "Present company excepted, o' course."

Fury, Cythera, and Bren are led upstairs to their rooms. A human-sized bath has been prepared for Cythera, with scaldingly hot water. Like the meals, the beds are simply functional. Extremely clean, but not particularly comfortable. Once or twice during the night, the distant screams of wrathspawn echo off the surrounding peaks.

Breakfast is, unsurprisingly, bland but hearty porridge, and the inn has prepared a few days' worth of rations for everyone. There's a bigger surprise, however. The map showing the location of the tomb has been extensively marked with notes detailing trail hazards and shortcuts. A short message in the corner of the parchment reads, "Good luck. -AH." It seems Arsenalt took an hour or two after everyone went to bed to annotate the map.

GM: Two Survival rolls when you move out of the inn. Please let me know which is first and which is second. Just one roll for Carak, though.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando has a bit of the porridge for breakfast even though he doesn't need it. He spends more time chatting than he does eating, however; one of the benefits of being sustained by magic.

"Don't know about you two but I didn't sleep too well. Something about the air just doesn't smell right. And those things bellowing out in the mountains all night. Made my skin crawl." He grins and looks much less concerned than his comments seem to imply. "So you ready to go see what we can find out and maybe do something about this?"

He pushes back from the table, shoulders his pack, adjusts his sword belt so that his rapier's hilt falls in the ideal spot and, finally, moves over to the door opening it for the others.

"After you."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera's hot bath helps her get a good night's sleep. Getting rid of the bedbugs helped as well. After breaking fast, she is dressed and ready to go.

Taking note of the annotations, she smiles, "That was quite nice of him. A shame we could not do more for him."

Tucking the map away, assuming it is her job to follow it, Cythera gives Fury a smile and precedes him out into the morning mountain air. Carak is following protectively on her heels.

[Sblock=Rolls]If it is following a map, taking 10's on the rolls would be my choice. +6 Survival for 16.
If not, then: 1st Survival (1d20+6=8) & 2nd Survival (1d20+6=14)
Carak's: Survival (1d20+5=11)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8

Carak

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren rises somewhat later than the others, having wakened and decided that his bed felt better than getting up given the extent of his activity from the day before. After a short nap - 30 minutes or so - he finally gets up and performs his morning ablutions; they're so much more satisfying when done properly rather than through a cantrip.

He goes downstairs and sees that he's running somewhat behind - the other two are most of the way through their porridge already! Setting aside his sloth he wolfs down the bland repast as he tries to catch a glimpse of the map before the Lady tucks it away. Soon enough is joining Fury, Cythera and Carak outisde the inn.

Survival Rolls (1d20+6=26, 1d20+6=13)

[sblock=OOC]Can we assume that with all of Bren's channelling last night in his attempts to heal the Dwarf - and a good night's sleep - we're at full HP?[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases