[LPF] Faith and Good Works

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury examines the statues with a look of intense concentration on his face. Eventually he purses his lips and shakes his head.

"Not sure about this..." His concentration almost causes him to miss Bren's comments about a look-alike and Fury turns to look at the other man with a comical expression of bafflement. "Twin? No. Wait, what?" Incredulous he turns to look at the statue Bren is looking at.

Shaking his head he says, "I don't see the likeness."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand: rapier

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera makes a closer examination of the statues, curious if there are any magical auras around the chamber.

She smiles back at Fury and says, "Sure, look here. See the dimple of your chin and the lines above the eyes for his eyebrows. That is you. It is a shame that I don't have a mirror."

"Maybe I should look through the book we have for references."
Leaving the roguish bard be, she starts leafing through the scriptures, trying to find something that might shed light on the figures depicted.

[sblock=OOC]Cast Detect Magic

Reading scripture now? Intelligence (1d20+2=15)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Bren]The names brings nothing in particular to mind, unfortunately. Bren can probably make educated guesses about the people by their appearances, however.[/sblock]
[sblock=Cythera]While there's no direct reference to anyone named Zeyal that she can find, the Ketath are extensively mentioned in an earlier chapter of the Scriptures, in the Book of Ulfgar the Strict. The Ketath were a barbarian tribe known for their frenzy in battle. Ulfgar converted them to the worship of Serroth, or at least made allies of them -- the Scriptures are not entirely clear. Zeyal's statue shows him with feathers woven in his hair, as the Ketath are described doing in the Scriptures.[/sblock]
[sblock=Fury]When Fury sees the name Vincente, suddenly something clicks into place in his head. In Ranocchio, there are various stories and fables about a man named "Vicente the Crow," a good-natured thief who stole from the rich and gave to the poor (or as the more cynical believe: who stole from the rich and then pissed it away in various taverns and houses of ill repute). A great number of outrageous and probably wholly fictional adventures are ascribed to him, and it's said he was named the Crow because he liked pretty things: pretty clothes, pretty jewels, and most especially pretty women.

According to the bit of the Scriptures that he was able to skim last night, before the swarm of senior citizens prevented further reading, the Architect was a friend of -- or possibly just used the services of -- a man named "Crow." Crow was the Architect's spymaster and chief information gatherer, and the military data that he brought to the Architect was vital to the successful outcome of several battles and sieges, and on one occasion prevented the Architect's forces from being led into a trap.

Thinking further, some of the stories of Vicente the Crow featured a character named Archibaldi, who was a friendly buffoon that constantly needed rescuing from his own stupid mistakes. It could be a coincidence, but still...[/sblock]

GM: Fury and Cythera forgot their K:Religion or K:History rolls. You can continue perusing the Scriptures if you'd like. You can also take 20, although it will take probably close to a half hour or an hour to toroughly search the book if you do.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera looks up from the book, "Well, I don't think I learned much." She shares what she did learn.

"I suppose I can keep looking, but it might take almost an hour to be thorough. Are we in a hurry?"

[sblock=OOC]Did not forget, don't have training in either skill so figured DC10 wasn't going to cut it.

K: History & K: Religion (1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=15)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)

Carak
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury continues to stare at this statue that so uncannily bears his likeness. Or rather, whose likeness he bears so many years later.

"Vicente di Ransorcio sounds awfully like Ranocchio. And I may be haring totally off the path here but there's an old folk hero from Planks, something of a thief and rapscallion, named Vicente the Crow. I think I was reading a passage last night about an associate of the Architect's named 'Crow'. Lots of similarities but I'm no scholar to say one way or the other.

This 'Crow' fellow was the Architect's spymaster and in one instance prevented the Architect's forces from falling into a trap. Falling into a trap..."

Fury gets that look of intense concentration on his face as he focuses his searching on the statue of Vicente.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, was confused, I guess, and thought the Int check a replacement for the Knowledge checks. Pretty much the same thing in Fury's case since he doesn't have ranks in those skills either.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

Systole

First Post
After the hidden pressure plate, Fury feels justified in being suspicious of everything in this tomb. However, this room, which the undersized statue of Vicente seems to dominate, seems carefully and deliberately free of anything besides the statues.

GM: Even taking 20 on Perception will reveal nothing strange about Vicente's statue.

The Int check was meant as a "what you remember from skimming the book" as opposed to "you heard this story once..." I probably should have been more explicit. And untrained, nothing for Cythera. I thought she had one or the other, but apparently I was mistaken.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"So these are companions of the Architect, then? Friends and allies from his 'adventuring days?'

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera looks a Bren and nods, "I think so, but perhaps I should look through it." She sits down, setting her glaive on the floor beside her and the scripture book open on her lap. Comfortable as she can be, she starts to do research.

Carak lays down beside her and after five minutes stretches out more and lays his head down between his paws. Looks like the husky is thinking of taking a nap.

[sblock=OOC]Take the 20 on Intelligence for a 22. Guidance can make it 23. ;)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8

Carak

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"May Pascal guide your readings to the answers we need."

OOC: Cast Guidance.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Ah, no particular hurry, no," Fury says responding belatedly to Cythera's question. "You want to read up a bit more I'll continue looking around though I'm at a bit of a loss about the next step."

While Cythera reviews the scripture Fury paces and examines nearly every feature of the room that is unusual starting at the panel back near the entrance to this section.

"Vicente... How ironic would it be, eh?" The rogue mutters sporadically to himself musing on the bits of knowledge he can recall as he searches everything again.

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:

Bard Spells
Spells Known: