[LPF] Faith and Good Works

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Ok, so we're not going to move the statues to the alcoves," Fury mutters arching his back and grimacing as it pops down his spine. "I guess that means we're back to gleaning some bit of information about one of those three and figuring out how to apply that to the alcove in some fashion. I think."

Fury scowls and rubs his chin still thinking.

"I do have one other idea, but testing it might be a bit dangerous. What if we each entered an alcove and then simultaneously spoke the name of the prophet or saint or... whatever they are, that correlates to that alcove?"

He glances over at Breninyr. "You wouldn't be able to do an augury type thing, would you?"

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Aasimar shakes his head regretfully. "To my regret, Irthos did not grant me that particular prayer for today. I'll ask for it, but it will be tomorrow before I can pray for that blessing."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury shrugs and grins.

"Ah, well, nothing for it then but to give it shot."

He starts walking towards the alcoves.

[sblock=OOC]Fury, being the impetuous sort, would rather give his theory a shot now rather than wait until the next day for Bren's augury. He could be convinced to wait, however...[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Following Fury, Cythera shrugs, "I do not have a better idea, myself. I think it is worth trying. Since we can tell if the shimmering has stopped, I do not think there is much risk."

Once back in the chamber with the locked door, she supports Fury's experimentation, casting her Detect Magic for watching the auras.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury grins pleased that his idea seems to have acceptance from his companions. Once facing the alcoves he stops and rubs his chin in thought again.

"Maybe only one of us needs to take the risk. Would the Architect have created this puzzle so that only three people could have opened it?" He looks doubtful. "I don't know enough about the mind of the man to say but if I were designing this thing I would allow for a way to get in and out by myself. And good idea with the magic eyes thing, Cythera."

Standing in front of the gold archway Fury says, "Mansa Vayl, here I come," and steps towards the archway.

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I guess that leaves me to stand guard." Bren keeps a careful watch on as much of the rest of the room as he can as the other two work on the puzzle.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Fury makes his pronouncement in and steps into the archway of gold-flecked marble.

Nothing happens.

In the flickering illumination of the continual light spells, he can see a short passageway of gold-flecked marble, leading to what appears to be a hexagonal room of the same dimensions as Vicente's, outlaid in more of the gold-flecked marble. At the end of the hallway is a slight shimmering of some sort of visible magic. Moving slightly closer, he can see there is actually a series of them: three in all near the door. Fury can also pick out some sort of writing carved into the floor at the end of the hallway.

On the far wall of the room is small alcove and a pedestal. There appears to be something small and shiny on the pedestal. Fury can see it glitter in the light, but he's too far away to make out what it is. The pedestal also seems to have a shimmering around it.

More skeletons lie around the main floor of the chamber, beyond the magic veils.

GM: Lingusitics check for the writing on the floor, when you get up to it.

[sblock=Updated Map]
Tomb_gold.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury glances around where he stands and doesn't progress further down the hall. As a test he'll attempt to leave the archway and reenter the main chamber where Cythera and Breninyr await.

"There is a passage beyond, much like the 'Vicente' room. And more skeletons. Maybe it's safe for all of us. Let's see if I can get out..."

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Confused. Earlier, I thought there was a shimmering across the archway. Did it disappear or is that the magic veil at the end of the hallway? Nothing has really changed then?

Remove ads