[LPF] Faith and Good Works - Page 4




+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 675
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,400
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Observing the instructions given the green recruits, Cythera winks at Fury, "There you go, Fury. They are in the same situation, all you have to do is listen to what they are teaching and fake that you already knew what they said. After all, you are in a command role now."

    The tall red-headed woman shrugs and accepts the book of scripture with a slight bow of her head.

    "Thank you, Ben. I am not very knowledgeable about religious teachings in general, preferring my dancing in other pursuits. I think this will prove invaluable."

    Not being very zealous, doesn't mean Cythera is open to teachings of other deities. She has no fear about becoming a convert.

    Carak is stoic and is not too keen on being susceptible to religious conversion either.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #32
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,500

    Ignore GlassEye
    Fury watches the muster with curious expression and thinks he can almost feel his own spine straightening into a posture of attention as he listens to Ben command their escort. When Ben lists the tasks the recruits are going to learn his brow furrows. Scales and Scorn, I don't know how to do that stuff! He laughs at the truth of her words when Cythera makes a joke.

    "I've bluster enough to fake command, I think. Maybe. The rest? I'll do as you suggest."

    He grins but it fades to a frown as he considers his lack. Then he remembers how Parsons led the White Cloaks against the Kraken den and he resolves to emulate the man's steady command, if he can. His distraction makes him a tad late when Ben offers the book and Cythera beats him to it.

    "That's that, then. Thanks, Ben. I'm sure the book will help as we try to solve this."

    Fury glances at the escort standing ready to travel then nods in what he hopes comes across as begrudging approval.


    Orlando Furioso

    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 56
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand:

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

  • #33
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,400
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera nods to Fury after he signals he is ready, and she stands beside him. Turning around to Ensign Lin, "Well, Ensign, we are ready to depart. Form them up, double file, behind us."

    The tall red-headed woman pats the dog on the head, Carak chuffs in response. She pulls out her glaive and holds it in her left hand, the bladed head in the air as she rests the shaft against her left shoulder.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #34
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,058

    Ignore Systole
    Ensign Lin salutes and turns on her heel toward the squad. "Attention! Form up on lead ... mark!" The young men hustle to form a double file and follow Cythera and Fury out of the Lower Guild yard. The old-timers look on with disdain, but the newer recruits watch the procession with envy.

    The group heads out through the streets of Ranocchio, where reactions are similarly mixed, although more positive than not. A few of the older citizens chuff at the uniforms, but more seem to be watching with approval, and a few young women look out from second-storey windows and wave flirtaciously at the young men marching along.

    Eventually, Ranocchio turns into Venza proper, and Cythera and Fury leave through the southern gate, troops marching along behind. Out on the road, it shouldn't be more than a few hours to the waygate.




    ........ Mai Lin .........

  • #35
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,400
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera looks to Fury and asks, "What do you think of the reactions from the inhabitants of Ranocchio?"

    The tall red-headed woman continues strolling along in the column, trusting Carak's nose to catch wind of trouble once they are on the road. Leaving the city behind, she slips the glaive into its holder and unlimbers her longbow.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Comp Longbow
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #36
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,500

    Ignore GlassEye
    Orlando watches the reaction of the Planks residents with interest. In the past, certainly, he would have numbered among the skeptical but this sort of attention and, more importantly, inciting of pride in their district can only be a good thing.

    He remains quietly thoughtful when Cythera asks his question and just when the pause begins to seem strained he answers. "I'm not surprised, really. We, by which I mean the residents of Ranocchio, have long felt pride in our home. Despair, also, in the circumstances we've found ourselves. To have something tangible that we can point to, that we can see and know that we aren't struggling alone is important. It gives one hope that there are better things in store for the future."

    He grins wryly. "Not exactly what you asked..." He shrugs and looks at the woman traveling next to him. "What about you? You have an outsider's point of view. How do you take their reaction; and the whole Lower Guild itself, if you don't mind my asking."


    Orlando Furioso

    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 56
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand:

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

  • #37
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,400
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera shrugs, "I suppose there are all kinds in any community. But, considering what it took to get Ben his place in the Lower Guild, I am not surprised by some negativity."

    "But, I suppose they are entitled and there is more to things than a mere dancer such as myself be concerned about. I am not a political or even aspiring to be a noble."

    "I am not even sure I will make Venza my home, even."


    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Comp Longbow
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #38
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,500

    Ignore GlassEye
    "Ah, you meant the negative reactions." He shrugs. "Lot of people in Planks have seen outsiders come in with the intent to 'fix' the place and then take off with whatever they can lay their hands on. It's not surprising if there are some negative reactions."

    Orlando is curious about Cythera's comments about Ben; especially since he doesn't know the young man that well.

    "What did it take for Ben to get his position? His office is small but it seems like he has a fair amount of command..."


    Orlando Furioso

    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 56
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand:

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

  • #39
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,400
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera nods as she walks along. Her voice low as to not let Ensign Lin overhear as she admits, "I was surprised by that as well. Particularly the military training. But..."

    She shrugs as the idea of Ben training up a fighting force is not really her business or concern. The bronze dragon disciple continues in a normal tone, "I chaperoned Ben on a party event where he tried to persuade Master Furros that he should let me open up that little broom-closet office. He was flat-out refused at first."

    "Apparently the man thinks no one wants much religion in The Planks. But, after those wraithspawn attacked and he saw our noble efforts and compassion for the wounded, Furros acquiesced."

    "It did not take long for Ben to get busy. By my judgement, Ben's actions in our brief association have been good and honorable, which is pretty much all that matters."


    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Comp Longbow
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

    Carak
    Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
    AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan Carak
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #40
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,058

    Ignore Systole
    Time passes, and the troop follows the road south into hills and forests. The young men let their discipline slip slightly and begin chattering to one another, amazed at the greenery. Ensign Lin remains quiet, but does not admonish the men until one of them stumbles in a pothole. "Eyes open!" she barks at them.

    The halfling's map proves to be accurate so far: the group passes the Owl and Stag Inn, and not long afterwards, the road crosses the remains of an ancient highway, running east to west. The old road is barely more than a deer path studded here and there by cobblestones. According to Phidelo's instructions, the waygate is not far to the west.

    ooc
    Just to clarify, Ben did state that he's sort of abusing the bylaws of the Lower Guild. The Lower Guild as I envision it has a very flat and loose power structure, so there are a bunch of captains reporting directly to the Guildmaster, and each captain is responsible for the maintaining his own regiment. As long as the captains follow Guild rules and pay a portion of their income to the Guild, they otherwise have complete freedom regarding their how they run their regiment. It's kind of a feudal arrangement.

    Ben is using a loophole that says a chaplain counts as a captain. As a captain/chaplain, he's made a regiment himself, and he's funding it with the gift from Dame Forenicci, and he's running it with more discipline that the other captains have. It's upsetting the old guard somewhat, because they've been running it as a good ol' boy's club.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. EN World GameStore - "Good Faith" Signup for Startup Publishers!
      By Morrus in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th December, 2005, 01:51 AM
    2. EN World GameStore - "Good Faith" Signup for Startup Publishers!
      By Morrus in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2005, 08:46 PM
    3. Goal a Paladin class that works for every faith. What am I missing?
      By DragonTurtle in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th December, 2004, 01:51 AM
    4. Faith Caster from Path of Faith
      By Gilwen in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Tuesday, 8th July, 2003, 01:36 PM
    5. "In the Works"; DR against "good"?
      By Alzrius in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th May, 2003, 02:02 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •