[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Systole

First Post
The recruits watch the ritual curiously, unsure what is supposed to happen. Fury rings the five tuning forks, one after another, and for a long, uneasy moment, nothing happens. After a dozen hearthbeats, the group realizes that a deep, almost subsonic rumble is rapidly rising in intensity and pitch.

Suddenly, the portal repeats the sequence at ear-splitting volume, sending the tones ringing throughout the forest, and startling clouds of birds into the sky. With each pulse, a glowing crack appears and widens inside the doorway, until the shimmering glow spreads entirely across the gate's opening. As the sound dies away, a few coppery green pebbles bounce through from whatever lies on the other side.

The portal stands open before you.

portal_resize.jpg

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera looks sidelong at Fury, "Well, that was noisy. I hope those pebbles bouncing through do not mean that we are going to come out the other side in the middle of a landslide."

The husky whines slightly and needs a reassuring pat on the head.

"Here's mud in your eye."

The bronze dragon disciple leads the way through, the dog obediently following on her heels.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando hurriedly rolls the tuning forks back up in their carrying case, slips the package into his backpack and shoulders his pack again.

"Your command, Ensign. Stay safe."

Quickly he follows after Cythera.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Fury and Cythera]Fury and Cythera find themselves in a range of green mountains, on the north side of a great chasm, which upon taking a moment to re-orient, runs east-west. This would seem to be the Daylight Canyon that Ben mentioned, and to the southest is a mountain with two peaks that might conceivably be Devilhorns Mountain. The exit to the gate is the exact twin of the one in the forest.

And as in the forest, an ancient, ruined highway lies nearby, skirting the edge of the canyon. Not far to the west, it appears to join a road which turns northerly and winds its way up into the mountains. Over the crest of one of the smaller mountains Cythera and Fury can see plumes of smoke. The road appears to lead in that direction. According to Phidelo, it shouldn't be more than an hour or two's walk.

Looking east, they can see a red-clad figure watching them from the road.[/sblock]

[sblock=Breninyr]On the day of his departure for Venza, one of the junior members of the diplomatic corps delivers a message for Breninyr. Breaking the seal, he discovers an amendment to his orders. Breninyr is instructed to detour to the dwarven mining town of Copperhead on his way northward. The village headman, Morgrimm Renlow, has been complaining of attacks by some sort of monsters or demons. The Irthian diplomatic corps seems to think it's probably just a bunch of uneducated miners panicking at wolves, but for the sake of appearances, they feel it's best to send someone to comfort the locals.

The journey passes uneventfully until a few hours outside of Copperhead. As he passes the western end of Daylight Canyon, an earsplitting series of five notes shatters the silence, echoing throughout the mountains and sending small cascades of loose scree tumbling down the slopes.

Looking west, Breninyr can see two humanoids and one canine emerge from a glowing portal.
GM: @Mowgli You're in.

Does Bren have a horse or a mule, or is he just walking?
[/sblock]

portal_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The figure watching from the road considers these new arrivals for a long moment, then rises from his easy squat and approaches. He walks slowly, hands spread slightly to the sides and palms up; as he nears the easy smile on his face becomes apparent. It's also apparent that he's not human - celestial ancestry has marked him well. His skin is burnished gold in color, and is marked by a lighter colored pattern. His eyes are silver-gold, and are without pupil or iris.

He's a well appointed traveler, in brown leathers and deep red linen, with a rich gold cloak, carrying only a pair of daggers for armament. He stops well short of a distance that would be threatening. When he speaks his voice is a rich baritone, warm and welcoming. His speech carries no hint of alarm, nor does he mention the odd manner of the duo's entrance - in spite of the fact that it could not have been missed. "Greetings! I'd thought myself well short of Copperhead yet, and in any case you are plainly not Dwarves! Have you come from the mining town?"

[sblock=OOC]No mount - he's walking.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 24 (+9/26 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

OOC: Cythera gets post #5000 for me. :)
Cythera a tall red-headed woman, slender, yet with a very muscular build and attractive. Her blue-gray eyes watch with scrutiny as the man approaches.

She keeps her red hair long and flowing free, about halfway down her back, as it matches the red and orange colors trimming her outfits. She wears a mithral breastplate and carries an assortment of finely crafted weapons.

The nostrils on the husky at her side, flare as his takes in the scent of the newcomer. Cythera's reassuring pat on the head, keeps Carak from doing anything but stand protectively at her side.

Cythera holds her glaive upright, the butt resting on the ground at her foot.

"Good afternoon, traveler. Nay, we are not from Copperhead, but we might be needing to stop there for the night. Is it far?."

"By what name are you called stranger?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
The young man following in the wake of the copper-haired woman stands a couple of inches shorter than her and a couple of inches taller than the stranger. He holds a flat leather bundle hastily rolled up and tucked under his left arm as if it were scooped up in some haste. His right hand hangs free at his side but the ivory hilt of what is probably a fairly nice blade is plainly visible at his belt. He hardly looks worn or weary enough to have done much traveling; his clothes are plain but well made and clean and the glint of armor beneath his cloak hints at martial training. Despite having the lean-muscled look of a duelist the young man looks affable enough and responds favorably to the celestial's introduction.

"Plainly, not dwarves. But I expect we'll meet some soon enough. What about you? Headed to Copperhead, you say?"

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Good afternoon, traveler. Nay, we are not from Copperhead, but we might be needing to stop there for the night. Is it far?."

"By what name are you called stranger?"

"Plainly, not dwarves. But I expect we'll meet some soon enough. What about you? Headed to Copperhead, you say?"

"Copperhead is but a few hours steady walking from here; I've come from Irthos, so that few hours seems but a short hike to me. I am Breninyr Hydref, a Herald of Irthos, and am headed eventually to Venza but have been tasked with investigation of some tales of . . . irregularities . . . coming from that small town. Bren will do fine for me, unless you're more comfortable maintaining some small formalities."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)

Prayers Available
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"A Herald of Irthos? You should have some good stories then. My name is Orlando Furioso, from Venza, but those who know me call me Fury. Speaking of stories... What sort of irregularities have you heard about from Copperhead? I'd kind of like to know what we could be walking into before we get there. If you'd be so kind, that is."

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren smiles slightly and shifts his feet. "I may know a few, but I think it only fair to tell you that I'm but recently appointed a Herald. I've spent most of my years cloistered away in the local temple and monastery, and am actually more than a little nervous about taking my first post. As to the trouble in Copperhead, the village headman sent word to us that there have been numerous attacks by 'some sort of monsters or demons.' My superiors believe that the villagers are most likely jumping at shadows, but as I was to be passing through anyway on my way to Venza they requested that I look into it on the way.

"There may be some work to do before the place will serve you as a stopping off point on your journey. Which, by the way, is to where? I don't believe I've heard you say your business out here."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Prayers Available
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases