[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]Sorry if I wasn't clear: you guys have stood up from prone already. Bren and Fury can edit their actions to reflect that.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"A sting ... nothing more," comes the horrible voice out of the smoke.

The thing that steps forward is nothing less than a monstrosity. It bears some passing resemblance to Rattegift, but twisted almost beyond recognition by the same unholy energies that created the wrathspawn. It is the size of an ogre, with long arms that drag along the floor as it walks. Two tentacles rise from its shoulders, writhing gruesomely, and the mouth is a horrid, misshapen maw filled with jagged teeth that tear into its flesh as it speaks. Warped beyond anything approaching sanity, the creature seems neither to notice or care.

It peers at Cythera, and even five paces away, the battle dancer can smell the sickening rot in its breath. "Which one are you? Bah!" A tentacle slams contemptuously into the warrior maiden, flinging her backwards into a row of tanks. "Where is the little one? I want the little one!"

rattegift_mutate.jpg

[sblock=GM]Rattegift hits Cythera with an Awesome Blow. Cythera takes 12 damage, is moved back, and is prone.

Mutant Rattegift: AC 24 (23 FF). 15' reach. 9 damage (barely scratched). Feint DC is 24.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
TOMB_14.png
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera groans and scrambles back to her feet. "Ungh, I received worse than I gave. That hurt... and it stinks pretty bad."

She continues to flee and moves around the column and towards the door. She stops short, keeping the column in between her and new monstrosity.

"With its long reach we either need to pepper it with ranged attacks or force it to get in close around the doorway where we can get at it without worrying about the difficulty of getting in there."

[sblock=Actions]Stand up
Move to D8
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 35 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 3/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 1/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 3/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 1/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 01/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury doesn't relish the idea of getting within arms reach of that thing but the thought only flits through his mind before he is trying to think of ways to get an advantage on it.

"YOU MEAN ME, RATTEGIFT?!" yells Fury trying to get the thing's attention. A bit quieter in hopes that Rattegift won't hear he calls over to Cythera. "We've got to hit it from all sides, keep it confused so we can take advantage of openings in its defense. He was an alchemist, by the gods, what does he know about using that hulk of flesh he's become?

I BROKE YOUR TOYS, RATTEGIFT! HAHA!"

Fury dashes over to stand in the doorway and readies himself for the thing that Rattegift has become.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Move: to B12
Standard: ready attack if Rattegift comes in range.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
If we're to hit him from all sides, one of us will need to stay here in the room. Here's hoping he takes Fury's bait and lets me get 'round behind.

The Aasimar speaks just loudly enough for Fury to hear from right beside him.

"Go ahead, Fury, and keep doing what you can to draw him off. I'll stay in here and try to get around him so we'll have him surrounded."

Even as he's moving, Bren continues his steady stream of advice, helping to guide his friends into position and calling out the Beast's movement.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Move: to D16
  • Free: Maintain Advice (All gain +1 Attack and Damage, +1 Saves vs. Fear/Charm)
  • Standard: Ready Action - When either Fury or Cytheria attack, use Inspiring Command (F & C get an additional +2 Attack/AC/CMD/Skill Checks
  • Swift: Maintain Ki Defense
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 60/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (05/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (04/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rattegift stomps forward, crushing the alchemical apparatuses in his wake. "So you did, little man! And do you remember I said I should thank you?"

He suddenly appears out of the smoke before the bravo and viciously backhands him into a pile of weapon racks. "I lied! A-HAHAHAHA!"

rattegift_mutate.jpg

[sblock=GM]Rattegift hits Fury with an Awesome Blow. Fury takes 15 damage, is moved back, and is prone.

Mutant Rattegift: AC 24 (23 FF). 15' reach. 9 damage (barely scratched). Feint DC is 24.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
TOMB_15.png
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Aargh - tactical epic fail! Sorry guys :blush: I wasn't thinking about the fact that everyone else had finished their actions already, and was only focused on trying not to 'waste' a round of advice. But since it lasts a full round, it wouldn't have been wasted at all . . . AND, I placed myself out of range to help Cytheria with it. Geez![/sblock]

Bren winces as Rattegift's tentacle smacks yet another companion to the ground. "BACK ON YOUR FEET, MY FRIENDS! PUT THE MADMAN DOWN!" He slips back around the column, still working to position himself more effectively while avoiding the scary tentacles.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Standard: Inspiring Command (Fury gets an additional +2 Attack/AC/CMD/Skill Checks; Cytheria out of range :.-()
  • Free: Maintain Advice (All gain +1 Attack and Damage, +1 Saves vs. Fear/Charm)
  • Move: to G16
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 60/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (06/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (04/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera dances with flourish away from the monstrosity to have cover from the column. "Take cover!"

She casts a spell to make the ground under the large mutant's feet, hoping it will fall down.

[sblock=Actions]Move to F6 Acrobatics: 1D20+16=[10]+16=26 to avoid AoOs
Cast grease DC13 under the the bad guy's feet (same 4 squares)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 35 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 3/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 1/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 2/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 1/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 01/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases