[LPF] Faith and Good Works

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera introduces herself, "Cythera e'Kiernan, battle dancing dragon disciple."

She looks southeast, in the direction they were supposed to go to reach the twin peaks of Devilhorns Mountain. Gesturing that way, she asks, "Is the village in that direction?"

"These demon reports disturb me, and perhaps they are something we cannot ignore, Fury."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando frowns though the expression doesn't seem to fit comfortably on his face.

"No, I don't think we should ignore the reports of these creatures. In fact, I would say that these are more than just shadows considering what you fought protecting Ben. And I think Ben's fears are likely to be justified."

His frown deepens but he turns back to the stranger, Breninyr, to look at him thoughtfully a moment.

"There is a holy site near here. We've been sent by a priest to investigate because he fears that some sort of demonic creature may have compromised it. And as I said, these reports seem to justify those fears. So it would seem we are at similar purpose. Would you care to travel with us? Maybe work together to get to the bottom of this? Three is safer than one, or two even."

Orlando shoots a questioning look at Cythera to see what she thinks of the idea.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren begins to nod, an eager look on his face - it's obvious that whatever thought is in his head is instantly reflected in his expression - but he stops as he notes Orlando's glance to the red-head. He waits for her response, but it's obvious he's more than willing to accept the help of the two travelers.

[sblock=OOC]The bluff check in the link is to present himself as somewhat naive, and as one who cannot bluff . . . I've got this guy pegged as a politician - he's basically been assigned to keep an eye on things in Venza - so he works hard to get folks to think of him as one who can't do all those things a politician normally does ;).[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 24 (+9/26 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

With eyes narrowed, Cythera ponders the possibility of a lone man sent out to interfere with their quest and decides that it would be very unlikely given they just arrived from Venza. Despite the conspiracy in Ben's order, there is no reason to suspect another conspiracy in Bren's order. Three dancers are normally better than two.

Carak determines that the newcomer smells okay and says nothing, occasionally glancing up at his mistress.

In a even tone, the dragon disciple says, "Well, it is unlikely that a conspiracy would have spread out here to trip us up. We only left Venza this morning."

"Since you were dispatched alone to investigate the rumors, you must be capable of handling things. However, if it is as dangerous as I believe it to be and related to the altercations we had in Venza, an extra dancer would be welcome."

"So, yes, please accompany us and we shall dance with the devils, by the pale moon light if necessary."

She offers her forearm to clasp in making an agreement.

Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)

Carak
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren accepts the proffered arm, clasping it and nodding solemnly. "I think it speaks more to the boss' belief that there's no more to the rumors than peasants jumping at shadows than to their belief in my capabilities. Nevertheless, I'm grateful for your help; I've got a bad feeling that the council's underestimating the villagers' intelligence."

OOC: I'd XP you for the gratuitous Batman reference, but I've got to spread some around first.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)

Prayers Available
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: Yes, quoting Batman is okay. No Monty Python or Lord of the Rings though. :p

Cythera nods, "I agree, better to suffer foolish bureaucrats than traitorous snakes. Forewarned makes for being better prepared."

"If we must fight beside each other, tell me how do you perform the Dance?"

Carak sniffs Bren's crotch and is satisfied, putting his approval on the pact.

Carak

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Why, I dance with abandon, throwing the whole of my being into my art and leading my partners so that their dance becomes mine. I use no . . . costume or props . . . but dance as I was made."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Prayers Available
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
With narrowed eyes Orlando watches the interplay between Breninyr and Cythera. The openness, the eagerness, of the newcomer doesn't ring true to the rogue who has honed his skills at reading people on the backstreets of Venza's least reputable district. Unfortunately, his read on Breninyr isn't good enough to tell whether the man is trustworthy or not and so he resolves to keep a close eye on the fellow.

"Yes, traitorous snakes... not to be tolerated." Orlando chuckles. "So, no costume? You fight as you were on the day you were born? Must get a bit breezy here in the mountains."

He motions towards the path that leads towards Copperhead.

"It seems we are agreed to travel together for a bit at least."

Trusting Cythera to watch his back and expecting the others to follow (or correct him if he's heading in the wrong direction) Orlando heads on towards the town ahead.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera is oblivious to the man's attempt at subterfuge.

She giggles as Fury mentions Bren fighting in his birthday suit. Holding her right thumb and index up to measure about an inch, she says, "I heard that your manhood would shrivel like a stack of copper pennies. Not that I would know anything about that mind you."

Carak looks at his mistress and her shorter male pack-mate like they are off their rockers and gives a canine chuff at their silliness.

"I am dragon dancer that favors two-handed weapons myself."

As if the fact wasn't obvious from her glaive, heavy flail, and greatsword clearly visible.

As they begin traveling once more, Cythera switches to her longbow again with the ability to see farther.

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (visibility<40ft) or longbow (visibility>40ft)

Carak

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
After some discussion, Bren and the expedition from Venza fall in together and begin to follow (or in Bren's case, continue to follow) the road toward Copperhead. The road is a cart-track which wends upwards towards a mountain ridge, beyond which is the town. The road is rocky and quite steep, and the thin air is quite a change for Cythera and Fury.

[sblock=Survival, DC 20]Most of the road is gravel and rock, but the wind has accumulated a few patches of rough sand here and there. Along the way, you find a misshapen kind of animal track in one of them. The tracks are almost canine, but whatever made them was bipedal.[sblock=Cythera]Wrathspawn.[/sblock][/sblock]

GM: Give me grid coords for your marching order, somewhere between row B and row G, please. And perception rolls please.

[sblock=Map]
Mtn_Rd_00.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases