Razor Coast: Apology and refund

Dog Moon

Adventurer
From what I've read, Logue is basically stepping away from the publishing part of things and is going to return to writing and stuff. Sounds like he's letting FGG handle pretty much everything regarding Razor Coast. At least that's the indication that I got from reading the thread on Paizo regarding this situation that knihi linked above.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Yeah. For me, personally - anyone handing money over here is a sucker. Once bit, and all that.

After the Kickstarter gets funded, Frog God Games has pledged to fulfill not only the pledges from the backers but all remaining pre-orders, national and international” said Agresta, speaking on behalf of Logue. “As of October 19th, 2012, I finished honoring every refund request Nick received. Making good on Nick’s past obligations cleared the way for Frog God Games to step in and finally bring this to print.”

*looks over at RAPPAN ATHUK Hardcover on shelf*

Yeah, because Frog God Games as well as everyone else involved in the project is COMPLETELY unreliable.

Siberys

Adventurer
I /really/ liked Logue's work on the Viktor Saint-Demain trilogy of Eberron adventures. Given how hard he seems to be working on regaining/maintaining trust, if I were in the market for Razor Coast I'd be inclined to give him a second chance, 'specially with FGG involved.

JustinAlexander

First Post
It's not clear there how involved he is; the phrase "said Agresta, speaking on behalf of Logue" implies he's still involved. I could be wrong, but I'd want clarification before parting with any money.

In fact, what the press release says is that the manuscript still hasn't been completed. It's unclear who's responsible for completing it, but I think skepticism is warranted on a project that failed so spectacularly in the past. (Particularly when you're soliciting money through a website that specifically doesn't offer refunds if the project goes belly-up again.)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Since the Kickstarter won't start until Christmas, I'm assuming that there will be a completed manuscript by then. If not, the skepticism appears warranted, even though FGG has indeed been extremely reliable in all its endeavors so far.

Lou Agresta

First Post
Maybe I can clarify and answer questions

Um ... hmmm.

I'm all for second chances, but surely I'm not the only person wincing at the prospect of giving Logue money up front for this project. Is there any reason to believe that history won't repeat here?

(And I say this as someone who'd REALLY like to have the finished work in hand some day.)

I might be able to clarify for you. First let me say I understand your hesitation. However, in this case, you'd not be giving Nick Logue any money. You'd be backing FGG's kickstarter. They are now the publisher and Nick is out of that loop.

History won't repeat itself, if the kickstarter funds, for three reasons:
1. The Razor Coast manuscript is done, proofread and in the can
2. Nick is not on the critical path for delivering anything
3. FGG is committed to getting the book out quickly

Hope that helps make things more clear. I'm open to questions if you have any. Heading into the rest of the thread now.

Lou Agresta

First Post
Why I spoke for Him

It's not clear there how involved he is; the phrase "said Agresta, speaking on behalf of Logue" implies he's still involved. I could be wrong, but I'd want clarification before parting with any money.

Hi Morrus,

At this point Nick is essentially a bystander. He's completely out of the production and publication loop. He's even out of the press/marketing loop.

I worked out the arrangement with FGG for him and knew all the details, but technically the only person who could hand RC over to FGG was Nick; so, since I didn't sign any agreements, I felt I needed to be painstakingly careful in not making it sound like I had signed anything.

That said Nick's role is essentially, "I've signed. Email me when it's out."

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

PS I say "essentially" because we might ask him to write some gravy pieces, but they'd be new and just extras if we did. Again, I want to be extra careful not to misrepresent. Hope that helps.

Lou Agresta

First Post
I know what you mean

That doesn't matter. Logue's name attached to the project soils the whole thing for some people.

I hear you Crothian and for what it's worth I get where you're coming from. I'm not sure what else to do, though. Nick has handed RC over to FGG, and I made sure FGG would fulfill all pre-orders for the book.

I also cleared up Nick's accounting, set up an email for folks to request Sinister refunds, then used Nick's paypal account to pay all those refund requests back.

Other people entirely are now making sure Razor Coast and a raft of new material are delivered as promised. Nick's out of that as well.

It's a shame for this to be soiled for people at all. Making people feel sour is not why I've tried to pull this out of a nose dive these past years.

If you've any suggestions about what else might make amends to people, I really, really want to know -- and I want to do it if I can. Totally open to any thoughts you might be willing to share.

Peace.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases