Razor Coast: Apology and refund

Lou Agresta

First Post
Skepticism is warranted

In fact, what the press release says is that the manuscript still hasn't been completed. It's unclear who's responsible for completing it, but I think skepticism is warranted on a project that failed so spectacularly in the past. (Particularly when you're soliciting money through a website that specifically doesn't offer refunds if the project goes belly-up again.)

Hi JustinAlexander,

Yeah. Skepticism is warranted -- I completely understand where you're coming from. Can't blame you at all.

However, no part of the press release was intended to communicate that the Razor Coast manuscript isn't finished. It is.

Oh, I'm going to give it a final development pass. Maybe reorganize a few chapters. I want some more art in it and maps, hence the stretch goals, but she's been finished and proofed for a while, now. Don't take my word for it, check out some of the earlier Paizo board discussions if you've the interest.

I'm guessing -- total guess here -- that when you thought "manuscript isn't finished" you were maybe thinking about the mention of compiling the campaign articles, a player's guide and a ship to ship combat system? If I'm guessing right, you might be interested to know these are all extras. Above and beyond the RC manuscript.

The campaign articles are already written. They were published previously as Indulgences and all that remains is for them to be converted to 3.5 and S&W.The Player's Guide is a new book, being written specifically for FGGs Kickstarter. I'm the one managing that book. FGG is publishing it (if the kickstarter funds) and Nick is not responsible for its delivery.

The ship to ship combat system -- called Fire as She Bears -- was something I started with a contest in the last days of Sinister. I've since written the first draft of the manuscript, then conscripted a writer named John Ling to bang it into final shape. We're at last edits and development before playtesting on that book. Nick is not involved in it in any way.

Hope that clarifies for you. Again, my apologies if we weren't clear enough up front. I was going for clear, but sometimes a press release just doesn't give adequate space for more thorough explanations.

Lou Agresta

First Post
Sorry to disappoint

Nic will still be writing it and the organisation will be done by FGG. I trust FGG enough to give this a crack.

Sorry to disappoint, but the manuscript is done. Nick may contribute some additional words, but if he does it'll be as gravy to the extras. At this point Nick is not on the critical path for any part of Frog God Game's kickstarter.

Hope that helps clarify.

Lou Agresta

First Post
Darn tootin

Since the Kickstarter won't start until Christmas, I'm assuming that there will be a completed manuscript by then. If not, the skepticism appears warranted, even though FGG has indeed been extremely reliable in all its endeavors so far.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the RC manuscript is already finished. But you pretty much hit the bullseye in that we're working on the extras and aiming to deliver the whole shebang as soon after the kickstarter funds as possible.

Not trying to be coy, but really the only people who should be talking specific timeframes are the FGG people, and I don't wish to speak for them or accidentally mislead. But what I just stated is the general idea.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks for that clarification, Lou - I'll feel a whole lot more comfortable backing the project now!

Sorry to disappoint, but the manuscript is done. Nick may contribute some additional words, but if he does it'll be as gravy to the extras. At this point Nick is not on the critical path for any part of Frog God Game's kickstarter.

Hope that helps clarify.
Thanks for the clarification Lou, I assumed Nic was still involved. Is the manuscript based off his initial 3.5 stuff? Anyway I will be in with bells on...
... and anxiously awaiting news of Ebon Shroud too :D

Crothian

First Post
If you've any suggestions about what else might make amends to people, I really, really want to know -- and I want to do it if I can. Totally open to any thoughts you might be willing to share.

This is what you do. You answer all the hard and stupid questions from the fans. You admit mistakes were made and they are being corrected and fixed. When the time comes you offer up some awesome samples and let people be excited about the project once again. That's my advice, hit this thing head on and don't back down.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
History won't repeat itself, if the kickstarter funds, for three reasons:
1. The Razor Coast manuscript is done, proofread and in the can
2. Nick is not on the critical path for delivering anything
3. FGG is committed to getting the book out quickly

Hope that helps make things more clear. I'm open to questions if you have any. Heading into the rest of the thread now.
Excellent. I'll be supporting the Kickstarter, in that case.

Lou Agresta

First Post
Thanks for the clarification Lou, I assumed Nic was still involved. Is the manuscript based off his initial 3.5 stuff? Anyway I will be in with bells on...
... and anxiously awaiting news of Ebon Shroud too :D

I'm going to stick with Razor Coast for now, sorry. I can only handle one thing at a time. :heh:

That said the manuscript I finished the manuscript for Nick in 3.5 -- with a big dose of help from Tim Hitchcock -- and subsequently had it translated to Patfhinder by John Ling. And there it languished until recent events.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases