[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Neil1889

First Post
I'm somewhat out of the way with a wargaming display at a re-enactors convention on Sunday.

A bit of a heads up; the week of Monday 4th June, I'm avoiding HM QEII 's Diamond Jubillee celebrations and liberating Normandy on D-Day of their wine and calvados stocks instead. ;)

I'm going to try and find a way to stay in partial contact, though watch this space, I guess.

jbear

First Post
I'm somewhat out of the way with a wargaming display at a re-enactors convention on Sunday.

A bit of a heads up; the week of Monday 4th June, I'm avoiding HM QEII 's Diamond Jubillee celebrations and liberating Normandy on D-Day of their wine and calvados stocks instead. ;)

I'm going to try and find a way to stay in partial contact, though watch this space, I guess.
No worries.

If you are unable to keep in contact this week is there something you have in mind for Rain to do, in case I need to NPC her?

Son of Meepo

First Post
I have some close blast 3 powers that I can use. Since we are not using a map, I need to understand what I can target, or where I can move to target others.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
This is turning out to be pretty tough!

If anyone adjacent to Captain Peg wants to pop one of my Skald Aura heals on him, feel free, if we care to save him.

There is still a floating +4 to the next damage roll one of my allies makes; doesn't have to be against the enemy captain, I was just trying to encourage us to take him down. I am waiting until someone else goes and uses it before I go again so it isn't wasted. If I hit again on my turn, there will be another floating +4 up for grabs.

I am considering jumping the gap and going in there to free prisoners/kill pirates. Does leaping the gap count as part of a charge?

Neil1889

First Post
No worries.

If you are unable to keep in contact this week is there something you have in mind for Rain to do, in case I need to NPC her?

I should be OK this coming week. Week after, I'm not so sure.

For consistencies sake, if I were to board from where I am, how mnay actions for moving would you be OK with me using? Could I find a way from the gunport (if the guns are in the recoiled position) onto the enemy ship?

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
I have some close blast 3 powers that I can use. Since we are not using a map, I need to understand what I can target, or where I can move to target others.
Let's say from the edge of the Dolphin you can hit either the crew and the first mate OR the Crew and the Captain without affecting the prisoners.

If you board you could include Crew, First Mate and Shugenja tower.

Nemesis Destiny said:
I am considering jumping the gap and going in there to free prisoners/kill pirates. Does leaping the gap count as part of a charge?

Sure and take a +1 to your leap check if you do it charging.

Neil1889 said:
For consistencies sake, if I were to board from where I am, how mnay actions for moving would you be OK with me using? Could I find a way from the gunport (if the guns are in the recoiled position) onto the enemy ship?

Okay, to be consistent (with the getting upstairs that has been included) let's say a move to get above deck and a standard action to charge and leap over to the enemy ship (with a +1 to leap check).

If you want to go out the gun port, there is still the now slack rope of the grappling hook between the boats. You could swing into one of the enemies gun ports. DC 19 to do it in a single clean move action and land on your feet. DC 12 you make it but land on the floor prone.

Note on Charging: If you jump across with a charge, when you land you will only have the crew as an immediate target. If you hit, as part of the carry through you will win 2 of the 3 moves required to either reach the prisoners' side or to get adjacent to Captain and First Mate. This will happen even if you fall prone, sliding along the deck beneath pirate's legs and what not. If you do fall prone you can still attack with the charge but the attack takes a -2 penalty.

If Wat hits with a Push power before hand he will win each player that boards that round a free move towards their destination.

If there are more questions just let me know.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
School just started so I didn't get the opportunity to post but things have stopped stirring. Does Themes have to keep manning the ship to keep it steady and whatnot? And would that need a check?

Remove ads