[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

jbear

First Post
At this point all the PCs for the adventure are fully approved except for Themes. [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION], there are a still a few corrections needed on the sheet according to the last comments.

As far as Wat's into, I'm still trying to figure out how to spin that. Wat wants nothing to do with the way his father runs the temple. He wants to get back to the worship of Joven as a god of storms. Hence why his powers have thunder, lightning, or wind as themes. Not sure if [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] missed that or if the other priests are assuming that he is keeping with Family Tradition.

If it is ok with everyone else, Wat will speak in Yellow.
No worries. Like I said, I'm happy to alter any of the intros. I don' know how you see your PCs so any guidance to set you on side path or background hook that you like is gladly welcomed.

I just read the part about the lusty god and you hitting on folk in the tavern ...

Thinking cap on and awaiting imput on what Wat wants.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
I'm just showing my worries for being ambushed, I just think that Kruor would do better in the night...he is a vampire and a construct.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] Is the alternative any better. The nameless woman I'm imagining as an agent of the Crystal Masons, the same one that beat the Lah'nun in a race. But Wat would probably know her name, considering the circumstances ... or at least a name.

P.s. Any chance of approving TCO for lvl 3 :blush:

jbear

First Post
Okay guys,

final chance to express any concerns with your characters hook into the game.

I can't see it mattering too much if I have to ret-con anything at the start, so in the name of let's kick it off ... I'm going to kick the game off, open the adventure thread and give you a chance to RP while you're waiting for your audience and we're away.

"A Call for Lovers"
1: [MENTION=90924]LordGraz'zt[/MENTION]
2: [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION]
3: [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION]
4: [MENTION=6690636]Daeja[/MENTION]
5: [MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION]
6: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]

Let the game begin! :D http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/322609-adventure-call-lovers-dm-jbear-judge.html

Btw: Not all of you have PC images on the sheets (last time I checked); do you have images you want me to use for your map tokens?

Last edited:

treex

First Post
DAMNIT I LOST MY POOOOOST.
Too long to type it all over, uguuh...I was saying (sigh, here I go again)

Sabynha's background of being a gypsy: there are genuine gypsies and then there are conners and liars and thieves.

I suppose it's hard for her and I can relate to that. It also shares a striking similarity with the main character from Kingkiller Chronicles (strongly recommend it, google The Name of the Wind and download a .pdf) who comes from a nomadic traveling troupe called the Edema Ruh. Most roam the country in wagons, designed specifically for constant life on the road + camping when entertaining, like a circus.

[sblock=More if you're interested]Many Ruh troupes, while never settling in one court, will have a wealthy patron who allows them to use his name and colors. In exchange for his patronage, the patron will commonly expect the troupe to entertain in his or her court a portion of the year, and to conduct themselves in a manner that will reflect well upon the patron's reputation. A patronage is seen as a mutually beneficial arrangement, as the patron gains reputation as a tasteful and artistic individual, in addition to having entertainment at his or her disposal, while the troupe gains financial support and the patron's reputation to help them overcome suspicion in towns through which they travel.

There's an event in the later books where the main character meets a bunch of swindlers/bandits/plunderers/thieves/rapists (the whole works basically) who're travelling under the guise of the Edema Ruh. They killed the previous owners and took their wagons, using some documents and cheap tricks to lower the guard of a town or some such, then stow away in the middle of the night with some, ahem, booty.

The interaction was just intense, and there was so much flavor to the lore. If Nemesis is interested I could either relay the rest or he (she?) can go read it him/herself.[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
DAMNIT I LOST MY POOOOOST.
Too long to type it all over, uguuh...I was saying (sigh, here I go again)

Sabynha's background of being a gypsy: there are genuine gypsies and then there are conners and liars and thieves.

I suppose it's hard for her and I can relate to that.
She is reacting to the fact that most folk don't bother to differentiate between the two. Your character still has lots of time to prove himself :)

It also shares a striking similarity with the main character from Kingkiller Chronicles (strongly recommend it, google The Name of the Wind and download a .pdf) who comes from a nomadic traveling troupe called the Edema Ruh. Most roam the country in wagons, designed specifically for constant life on the road + camping when entertaining, like a circus.

[sblock=More if you're interested]Many Ruh troupes, while never settling in one court, will have a wealthy patron who allows them to use his name and colors. In exchange for his patronage, the patron will commonly expect the troupe to entertain in his or her court a portion of the year, and to conduct themselves in a manner that will reflect well upon the patron's reputation. A patronage is seen as a mutually beneficial arrangement, as the patron gains reputation as a tasteful and artistic individual, in addition to having entertainment at his or her disposal, while the troupe gains financial support and the patron's reputation to help them overcome suspicion in towns through which they travel.

There's an event in the later books where the main character meets a bunch of swindlers/bandits/plunderers/thieves/rapists (the whole works basically) who're travelling under the guise of the Edema Ruh. They killed the previous owners and took their wagons, using some documents and cheap tricks to lower the guard of a town or some such, then stow away in the middle of the night with some, ahem, booty.

The interaction was just intense, and there was so much flavor to the lore. If Nemesis is interested I could either relay the rest or he (she?) can go read it him/herself.[/sblock]
I am basing Sabynha on a character from the movie Gadjo Dilo (trans: the Crazy Stranger), which is a movie filmed in Romania about a young Frenchman who goes in search of gypsies. It's in French and Romani with subtitles. My character is based loosely (very loosely) on the character Sabina, played by Rona Hartner. I highly recommend the film.

I may draw other influences as well from all sorts of places. The books you mention sound fascinating, but sadly, I only have time for reading in the winter months, so it will be some time before I can read them. :)

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
I'm just waiting 'til Wat has a chance to make an appearance before interrupting the waiting.

[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] Make sure to let me know if the alternate spin is more suitable. I'm more than happy to put any spin on it that you prefer.

Oh, btw, with the rolls made in invisible castle, please try and be as descriptive as possible with the dice tags. It doesn't matter now as there is only one thing you could be rolling for. But as the game moves along and you could be rolling for anything, having a precise description in the dice rolls makes things a lot easier for me. Thx!

I'm going to have to get used to using Invisible Castle myself ... doh!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases