[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

treex

First Post
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: Falling overboard was my fault when I skimmed too fast. I didn't have time so on the safe side this time so I had him dodge any remaining enemies (assuming any) but I did know the crew was dead though, sorry but I'm swamped with stuff. I'll make sure to do better come the weekend.

I'm sorry Themes wasn't much use throughout the encounter D: I must have scorned the dice gods somehow.

Son of Meepo

First Post
@Son of Meepo If you are going to spend your Standard Action spurring, that is an Auto success if you wanted to use it on the Captain and have a shot at rolling Nature right off the bat.

The standard was my attempt to motivate the crew into action, giving the navigator a reroll.

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

I figured we would all be making skill checks to give the navigator rerolls. At the end of the round, the navigator would make his check, plus as many rerolls allowed.

jbear

First Post
It would make sense for the navigator to actually make a Nature check first. Until someone makes one then there are no rolls to be re-rolled. But you're right, it isn't necessary.

So, if you wanted you could have invested your standard action to have the Captain take up the helm and make a nature roll (with no check).

If he makes the Nature check ... no reroll needed.

If he doesn't then it comes down to allies doing things to help the situation out that allows the navigator re-roll the failed check.

But yes, you could use Diplomacy vs DC to spur crew into action which if successful would have allowed the navigator a re-roll at a later time.

I just wanted to give you the chance to change your course of action as I had (unfairly) failed to make it explicit that there were no limits on the amount of attempts each of you can make to get the Captain to take the helm on your turn.

Moot point now as Sabynha has spurred him to action. I'll try and make an effort to be much more explicit with things from the outset if we run into a similar situation (which I doubt as its pre-made from here on out). Apologies.

[MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] Make a Nature check for the Captain! This may be all over!

jbear

First Post
I'm sensing a certain lack of engagement with the aftermath (which I'm fine with actually) so unless someone jumps into it pretty quick I'm just going to move things forward pretty quick. I'm pretty disappointed that the person I designed this challenge for has not engaged with it at all and continues not to, an issue that has bugged me for a while now, and one I'm about to resolve.

I thought I'd give you all the heads up in case someone does have an interest in engaging further with the current situation. If you are worried about sidetracking things ... dont :) Aint gonna happen.

[MENTION=90924]LordGraz'zt[/MENTION] Are you back online mate?

treex

First Post
I apologize that I don' seem to be immersing myself in the adventure, time has been swallowed up by school (I was on holiday when I entered two adventures and decided to DM one) Studies come first and my parents are strict (I'm asian, stereotypical I know, but true)

I'm pretty disappointed that the person I designed this challenge for has not engaged with it at all and continues not to, an issue that has bugged me for a while now, and one I'm about to resolve.

That's rather ominous.

[sblock]If it makes the flow smoother, I have no problems with Themes heading back to relay the message to Count Varis (after fixing the Dolphin up of course, being able to breathe underwater would be plenty handy) and being effectively out of the adventure.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION]

If you feel that you have overcommitted and won't be able to dedicate the time to this game that you initially wanted then I think your suggestion is a good one. It ties up a loose end in the adventure quite nicely, fits thematically and ends things amicably for all concerned.

If you want to discuss this further we can do so, but let's do it by PM.

If you agree that it is best to leave it at that then feel free to go ahead and make Themes' exit in character and I'll tally up your time XP and time gold + rewards and get them approved by Lord S.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION]

More of an OOC thread topic I think.

My concern is not only about post rate but also with whether you are actually following/understanding what is going on in the adventure, amongst other things. It's difficult to imagine how you can capture the ominous tone of a comment but not follow that the group has left the boat and have entered the tavern, for example.

I am glad you have been in contact with [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION] and are in agreement that it is for the best to write Themes out of the adventure. As a player I find it frustrating when an adventure grinds to a halt due to one player holding things back. I don't intend to allow that to happen when I am DM (as per the initial adventure post where norms are outlined).

That has not necessarily been the case here as I have not waited for character input from the entire group to move things along, but it well could be in a combat situation.
The current situation provides a clean place to cut Themes loose tidily.

I will post an update that includes this event on Wednesday (as I am currently in exam period until then), unless of course you wish to post with Themes' exit on your own terms.

I will listen to player input on the matter, however I prefer this to happen by PM.
Thanks.

Daeja

Explorer
Potion of Treasure Finding, because it's in character for Zuri to take it ;)

Sorry that my posting has been off, no excuses, I didn't give myself the time to sit down and figure out how to fit Zuri into the scheme of things. I'll see what I can do today.

Also, I'm going to have to stop relying on email notification when there are updates to the threads because they are failing. :S

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases