[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

treex

First Post
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: There's really no need to be worried about rolls, most people will state the essentials during attacking: e.g.: attack name, target, area targeted. It's not like it's a hard thing to do :p

treex

First Post
Oh, yeah...there's that :D Well, here's an example of the format that I use when I roll:

Vampire Slam @ Kobold Thrower 2 (or if there aren't any numbers, I'd put the square they're in)

And if I wanna conserve my post length, this is what I do in Inivisible Castle...
This is the roll: 1d20+7; 1d8+5; 1d10
The description: Vampire Slam @ Kobold Thrower 2; Blood Drinker if hit.

The last tip I have is to have a small summary section if you want to (it also highlights things that other players might miss otherwise. Here's an example (description in blue):
OOC: Summary:
  • Kruor is now at B6 (where you ended your move)
  • Kobold Thrower 2 takes X damage and is pushed to D8. (damage dealt and other effects)
  • Kruor gains a healing surge. (misc. effects and small things that may have happened)
  • Kruor regains 3 hitpoints from Enduring Soul (now at 15/32)
  • Kruor uses Warforged Resolve to gain 3HP and 3THP (now at 18/32;5THP)

Of course, you can be as detailed and as simple as you like, but this is what I do. It's a neat habit I picked up from H.M.Gimlord, a veteran on the boards.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The point is that you should include actual details in the dice roll so it is labled in a way that you don't just roll a d20, get a 4 and say it was for a history check afterwards. Then roll again and get a 20 and afterwards say that it was for your daily power.

If the description given to the dice roll includes details like: Crushing Surge vs AC (Dog 4)
then there can be no ambiguity and no doubt as to what the roll is for.

I don't just want a description in the game thread of an unlabled dice roll.

And yes, the comment was for the benefit of those new to pbp.

LordGraz'zt

First Post
The point is that you should include actual details in the dice roll so it is labled in a way that you don't just roll a d20, get a 4 and say it was for a history check afterwards. Then roll again and get a 20 and afterwards say that it was for your daily power.

If the description given to the dice roll includes details like: Crushing Surge vs AC (Dog 4)
then there can be no ambiguity and no doubt as to what the roll is for.

I don't just want a description in the game thread of an unlabled dice roll.

And yes, the comment was for the benefit of those new to pbp.

Was the comment "Streetwise" fine for my roll - or should I be more specific as to what each roll is for (ie. Streetwise for determining yadda yadda yadda).

Also for what its worth I will stick with Gray for Kartuus, I assume everyone can read it fine.

jbear

First Post
yeah, streetwise is absolutely fine.

I really becomes important when you are in combat and making multiple rolls at once.

LordGraz'zt

First Post
What is the standard means of transportation to get to Elestial?

Do we have a choice between Crystalbrook or Sildaine - or based on their location does one come before the other?

Also does Elestial have a ruler of its own - or is that shared between the two lords? Or does Count Varis rule over that island as well?

Daeja

Explorer
Whoa, I crashed hard last night and everyone was all active. So amusing, and great! :)

IN the meantime - > can I get newbie clarification - the Insight roll -> I noticed that someone used their passive (which I obv. wouldn't because my poor passive insight is so low), but my question is can you *always* use your passive or will you flag where we require an active and how?

jbear

First Post
Boat is the standard means of transportation.

Count Varis expects you to visit both Crystalbrook and the Sildaine.

Both are inland a good few hours from the port. The road leads directly to Crystalbrook. The settlement of the Sildaine is on the other side of the Crystal Brook River within the forest, not too far from Crystalbrook.

The two lords are the figures of power on Elestial.

Remove ads