[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Neil1889

First Post
At the moment we have 2 immediate Actions in the game. Both come from Rain. Infernal Wrath is straight damage so it's fine to apply retroactively. Even if it kills a creature, they will have already attacked so no worries. Retcon is very minor.

Aegis of Shielding reduces damage. It only marks one creature and it's pretty easy for me to apply dmg reduction as part of the monster round.

This will become more complicated as Rain levels up. I know as my main PC is a Hybrid Shielding Sword mage.

Er, yeah, somewhat.

Rain also has this:

Guardian’s Counter (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Close burst 2 Martial)
Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of you is attacked and you are not included in the attack.
Effect: You and the ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. You become the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, you can make a basic attack against the attacker.

I didn't throw this out as an option in this one (as I type), because I didn't really fancy sitting under a net (she's all melee at the moment, you see) and Rain was attracting plenty of attention anyway. I did leave it out as an option for players to pick in the skill challenge at one point and will doubtless do it again.

I've not used this yet, which brings the Aegis back into play:

Sword of Sigils (Encounter Standard Close burst 1 Arcane, Force, Weapon)
Target: Each enemy in burst.
Attack: +7 vs. AC.
Hit: 1d8+4 damage and the target is marked until the end of your next turn. Until the turn ends, if the target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes 4 Force damage after the attack is resolved.
Aegis of Shielding: If a target marked by this power hits a creature within 10 squares of you with an attack that does not include you as a target, you can use an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any single creature by 3.

Booming Blade lets folks potentially kill themselves if they run after being hit, too.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Armor of Wrath (Encounter Immediate Reaction Close burst 5 ✦ Divine, Radiant)
Target: Triggering enemy in burst
Trigger:
An enemy within 5 squares of Wat hits him.
Effect:
The target takes 4 radiant damage and Wat pushes him 4 squares. Channel Divinity: Wat can use only one channel divinity power per encounter.

Neil1889

First Post
I might be a bit slow in posting these next few days as I'm off away to the coast for a bit, but I should be certainly OK on Sunday evening after the European Footy Final.

jbear

First Post
I might be a bit slow in posting these next few days as I'm off away to the coast for a bit, but I should be certainly OK on Sunday evening after the European Footy Final.
[MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION] Cool thanks for the heads up, much appreciated!! :D

With the immediate actions I'll make a list and include them in the combat post in a spoiler. Just let me know when you make your initiative checks what your priorities are to trigger them and I'll try and work it in as advantageously as possible when the trigger occurs.

Thanks for the welcoming, [MENTION=6690636]Daeja[/MENTION] ! I'm very much looking forward to joining your team! I'm reading through the adventure now so that I can become familiar with group tactics and get a feel for the party (and I promise not to use anything previous in the adventure as meta-fodder until Gray is informed of the situation and learns what is going on).

jbear

First Post
Alright, I'm about to give [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] the nod to join the adventure.

Still no word from [MENTION=90924]LordGraz'zt[/MENTION] I'm going to assume he has dropped. I'll write his PC out when you go to enter the Sildaine Forest. (If you read this and want to come back in that doesn't have to happen).

I'm going to add a few notes in the game thread about how to proceed.

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Comrades' Succor]

Ritual participants share their vitality and luck with one another.
Component Cost: 10 gp
Market Price: 150 gp
Key Skill: Heal (no check)
Level: 1
Category: Restoration
Time: 5 minutes
Duration: Instantaneous
While performing this ritual, you and up to 5 participants in the ritual can choose to lose any number of healing surges and select another participant to gain an equal number of healing surges. No participant can have more healing surges than his or her daily maximum. Additionally, you or one participant must lose 1 healing surge when performing this ritual.[/sblock]

The ritual lets you redistribute healing surges, but there is a 1 surge "tax" off the top.

So Wat, who still has all 10 of his surges could probably lose 4 or 5 surges to give to those with only a few left.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases