[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Daeja

Explorer
Huzzah for moving forward.

So, as some of you may have picked up on by now, this is my first PBP game. I'm reading through as many of the currently ongoing adventures as possible to try to pick up on the conventions for play but if any of you have recommendations for particular ones to read/sites to visit for a list of conventions or any general advice, I am very receptive! :)

jbear

First Post
One of the best pieces of advice I've read for Pbp is to express what your PC is doing even if they aren't directly involved in what seems like the action.

Even if it is just to describe how you are doing nothing at the time. It makes your PC feel present in the game even when not involved in the action.

If you aren't posting even though you are following the thread, no one knows that but you.

Son of Meepo

First Post
[MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION]

I looked over your character and noticed one issue.

Infernal Wrath no longer does what is written on your sheet. Here is the updated power.

Infernal Wrath

You call upon the hellfire burning in your soul to punish your enemy.
Encounter
bullet.gif
Fire
Free Action Close burst 10

Trigger: An enemy within 10 squares of you hits you.
Target: The triggering enemy in the burst
Effect
: The target takes 1d6 + Intelligence modifier or Charisma modifier fire damage.
Level 11: 2d6 + Intelligence modifier or Charisma modifier fire damage.
Level 21: 3d6 + Intelligence modifier or Charisma modifier fire damage.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
@jbear - I just had a thought while I was at work today. How much wiggle room is there for houseruling in a minor swap for my class' trained skills?

I'd like to swap Arcana for either Acrobatics or Athletics, and while I'm at it, I am probably going to change my mind on History and take one of the two aforementioned skills instead.

My reasoning is this: neither my character nor the skald version of the bard is described in particularly 'arcane' terms, but the way I've fluffed her, as a gypsy dancer, suggests a much more 'physical' sort of magic, which goes well enough with the Martial keyword sprinkled everywhere.

I do have an 'angle' - and that is that I plan to MC rogue and take Duelists' Panache, eventually (among a few other 'rogue' feats).

If this doesn't fly, no big deal; I still plan to swap History for one of them, and I'm sure I can find a way to make the other one play nice with a Rogue MC feat.

Also, I was thinking of taking Vistani Heritage at some point to represent my background as well, if this is setting-kosher.

Further, given my potential action economy issues, how do you feel about my character's Skald's Aura being assumed to be on all the time?

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
my personal feelings: no issue what so ever.

The L4W rules ... hmm ... may need a judge to sign off on that one. Besides, with your feat and bard training the difference is like what? 1 point?

I'll try and get a judge for our game (actively) and ask about 'wiggle room' :)

Action economy... Wake up in the morning and activate aura. Stays on until that state changes. That's my view on it.
Get attacked during the night ... have to activate it when you wake.

I think Vistani are okay. It's basically a kind of gypsy people I think you can add to any setting. If it's not Vistani just refluff and we'll say they are a people that have some influence in the Crystal Isles for some reason or another.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases