[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

jbear

First Post
Something that weirdly didn't click for me earlier... Better to use my standard action to hit the crew, presuming I can hit them, and then move the two squares... right? Because then we have damage to the crew + I move the same amount as if I'd double-moved.

Or, really, to attempt the acrobatics move, then attack if it fails, and get the extra move if the attack succeeds... So many options! :)
Yes a standard action to attack, if it hits, buys you two moves.
Then you still have a move and Minor. Using an Action Point to attack again would buy you another 2, which would take you back onto the Dolphin.

Oh, and if Wat lands his blast power on the crew then everyone (except Themes) gets a free move (not action, move 1 square I mean)

And I think Rain has moved towards the Captain, so she's now in G3 or G4, unless someone has a way of granting her an attack bonus to turn her miss into a hit.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
And I think Rain has moved towards the Captain, so she's now in G3 or G4, unless someone has a way of granting her an attack bonus to turn her miss into a hit.
If you're going to allow me to cheese it post-attack, I can grant said bonus if I hit with an attack of my own.

Also, I had a question for you about how action points might interact with my bard at-wills. If I use one of my bard at wills which allows me to grant a bonus to an ally before the end of my next turn, and I then action point to attack, am I my own ally? Can I grant myself the bonus for my AP attack (which would then allow me to grant an ally a bonus again if the AP attack hit)?

jbear

First Post
If you're going to allow me to cheese it post-attack, I can grant said bonus if I hit with an attack of my own.

Also, I had a question for you about how action points might interact with my bard at-wills. If I use one of my bard at wills which allows me to grant a bonus to an ally before the end of my next turn, and I then action point to attack, am I my own ally? Can I grant myself the bonus for my AP attack (which would then allow me to grant an ally a bonus again if the AP attack hit)?
In general I think Leader powers that affect allies and the leader as well say so in their own power description. Otherwise they only affect allies.

But yeah, I have no problem retrospectively giving a bonus to Rain in this situation. You still have to hit.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
In general I think Leader powers that affect allies and the leader as well say so in their own power description. Otherwise they only affect allies.
That's probably the intent, and fair. It didn't end up mattering anyway :)

But yeah, I have no problem retrospectively giving a bonus to Rain in this situation. You still have to hit.
That's good, because I already posted assuming this was the case. I just wanted to be 100% clear on this. And it took an action point, but I did manage to hit. :)

Neil1889

First Post
It'll be useful, as if I can hit I can slide an extra square and maybe edit in an action and use a minor to mark the captain (if that theory is OK with jbear).

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=90924]LordGraz'zt[/MENTION] The Captain is eyeing up Sabynha and Themes with death in his eyes. The shugenja you don't know.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION] Okay. Lesson learnt on allowing a ret con. Go ahead. This will be the last time I allow a ret con like this though. It just gets too messy otherwise, and I'm not keen to go down that track.

Son of Meepo

First Post
[MENTION=6690636]Daeja[/MENTION], Wat finished off the crew on his action, so there was none left to attack Zuri on her turn. So I don't think you take that attack from the crew.

Daeja

Explorer
Oh!
Sorry, I thought that rule 5 in the Malenkirk Conventions that jbear posted in the adventure thread meant that because of the non-order nature of the turns, effects/attacks like that should still be applied, regardless of when you get to posting. (I also applied 1d6+3 instead of 1d6+1 for that reason....)

Remove ads