[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Son of Meepo

First Post
I've never seen it played that was as far as monsters attack are concerned. The purpose of that rules is to prevent a PC with a bonus granting effect from going first one round and then waiting to go last the next so that everyone gets two rounds worth of a 1 round effect. It's not, in my opinion to denote that turn happen completely simultaneously as many of the game's rules break down under that assumption.

For example, if the captain gets dazed on one turn I think another PC next to the captain can move away without provoking opportunity attacks.

Neil1889

First Post
@Neil1889 Okay. Lesson learnt on allowing a ret con. Go ahead. This will be the last time I allow a ret con like this though. It just gets too messy otherwise, and I'm not keen to go down that track.

Right, edited the post. I think the Captain will now be in range for an Aegis marking, which should help everybody else, maybe more so if he hits Rain and gets lightly toasted.

Thanks. I wouldn't usually have gone that far in a normal fight; the skill challenge impresses the time element on us somewhat.

jbear

First Post
Are we still hooked to the ship?
[MENTION=90924]LordGraz'zt[/MENTION] Yes still hooked to the ship. 1 blow to strike through the rope (minor). But the rope is slack at the moment so only moderate DC to remove it (DC 12).

[MENTION=6690636]Daeja[/MENTION] I loved the one woman transport system. But I'm going to let the aura attack stand as a last act of defiance from the crew. [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] By my maths 10-9=1 hp left ;) Crap, I know ... 1 hp, but hey. I'm sure no one would want me to rule them dying if they were reduced to 1 HP. No one waste an action finishing them though, they are effectively out of combat now and no rolls any longer needed to move aboard the ship next round. That said only apply damage at 1d6+1 dmg not 1d6+3.

[MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION] Yeah, I'm not too keen to go any further down the whole retconning path to be honest. I've held back on the aura attack the crew would have had on Themes with CAdv to finish him off, but not keen to rewind so far back as if death was not even but a brief possibility and Themes is suddenly running around, finishing of the Captain and stuff. So yeah, laying and not dying anymore at this stage, mate.

Daeja

Explorer
No problem jbear! I liked the idea of her being bloodied while doing it, to be honest. If I'd had more time to craft my post this morning, blood would have had more of an impact in the fluff description of her turn :)

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
@Daeja I loved the one woman transport system. But I'm going to let the aura attack stand as a last act of defiance from the crew. @Son of Meepo By my maths 10-9=1 hp left ;) Crap, I know ... 1 hp, but hey. I'm sure no one would want me to rule them dying if they were reduced to 1 HP. No one waste an action finishing them though, they are effectively out of combat now and no rolls any longer needed to move aboard the ship next round. That said only apply damage at 1d6+1 dmg not 1d6+3.

Astral Wind did 7 base damage + 2 for vulnerability + 2 for pushing the crew member off the ship, which is a total of 11.

jbear

First Post
Astral Wind did 7 base damage + 2 for vulnerability + 2 for pushing the crew member off the ship, which is a total of 11.
Ahhh! Sorry, I read 7+2 and thought that included vulnerability and the Push damage. Sorry.

Okay, in that case no attack was made on Zuri.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Ahhh! Sorry, I read 7+2 and thought that included vulnerability and the Push damage. Sorry.

Okay, in that case no attack was made on Zuri.

No worries. I tend to format my posts

Action: roll
Results:

Since the push requires a separate roll (saving throw) it goes on a different line with a different results. I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted, so I didn't add the full turn summary ooc at the end.

LordGraz'zt

First Post
Lets get the dying prisoner back to the ship and get out of here.

Then we get to have our fun playing target practice with the last remaining junk - that is where the Captain is swimming to?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases