D&D 4th Edition [OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??) - Page 21

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore jbear
    No worries. I doubt much will happen this weekend, but in any case thanks for letting me know! Much appreciated
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Neil1889
    I'm somewhat out of the way with a wargaming display at a re-enactors convention on Sunday.

A bit of a heads up; the week of Monday 4th June, I'm avoiding HM QEII 's Diamond Jubillee celebrations and liberating Normandy on D-Day of their wine and calvados stocks instead.

I'm going to try and find a way to stay in partial contact, though watch this space, I guess.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore jbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil1889 View Post
    I'm somewhat out of the way with a wargaming display at a re-enactors convention on Sunday.

A bit of a heads up; the week of Monday 4th June, I'm avoiding HM QEII 's Diamond Jubillee celebrations and liberating Normandy on D-Day of their wine and calvados stocks instead.

I'm going to try and find a way to stay in partial contact, though watch this space, I guess.
    No worries.

If you are unable to keep in contact this week is there something you have in mind for Rain to do, in case I need to NPC her?
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Son of Meepo
    I have some close blast 3 powers that I can use. Since we are not using a map, I need to understand what I can target, or where I can move to target others.

This is turning out to be pretty tough!

If anyone adjacent to Captain Peg wants to pop one of my Skald Aura heals on him, feel free, if we care to save him.

There is still a floating +4 to the next damage roll one of my allies makes; doesn't have to be against the enemy captain, I was just trying to encourage us to take him down. I am waiting until someone else goes and uses it before I go again so it isn't wasted. If I hit again on my turn, there will be another floating +4 up for grabs.

I am considering jumping the gap and going in there to free prisoners/kill pirates. Does leaping the gap count as part of a charge?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Neil1889
    Quote Originally Posted by jbear View Post
    No worries.

If you are unable to keep in contact this week is there something you have in mind for Rain to do, in case I need to NPC her?
    I should be OK this coming week. Week after, I'm not so sure.

For consistencies sake, if I were to board from where I am, how mnay actions for moving would you be OK with me using? Could I find a way from the gunport (if the guns are in the recoiled position) onto the enemy ship?
    Last edited by Neil1889; Sunday, 27th May, 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore jbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    I have some close blast 3 powers that I can use. Since we are not using a map, I need to understand what I can target, or where I can move to target others.
    Let's say from the edge of the Dolphin you can hit either the crew and the first mate OR the Crew and the Captain without affecting the prisoners.

If you board you could include Crew, First Mate and Shugenja tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
    I am considering jumping the gap and going in there to free prisoners/kill pirates. Does leaping the gap count as part of a charge?
    Sure and take a +1 to your leap check if you do it charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil1889
    For consistencies sake, if I were to board from where I am, how mnay actions for moving would you be OK with me using? Could I find a way from the gunport (if the guns are in the recoiled position) onto the enemy ship?
    Okay, to be consistent (with the getting upstairs that has been included) let's say a move to get above deck and a standard action to charge and leap over to the enemy ship (with a +1 to leap check).

If you want to go out the gun port, there is still the now slack rope of the grappling hook between the boats. You could swing into one of the enemies gun ports. DC 19 to do it in a single clean move action and land on your feet. DC 12 you make it but land on the floor prone.

Note on Charging: If you jump across with a charge, when you land you will only have the crew as an immediate target. If you hit, as part of the carry through you will win 2 of the 3 moves required to either reach the prisoners' side or to get adjacent to Captain and First Mate. This will happen even if you fall prone, sliding along the deck beneath pirate's legs and what not. If you do fall prone you can still attack with the charge but the attack takes a -2 penalty.

If Wat hits with a Push power before hand he will win each player that boards that round a free move towards their destination.

If there are more questions just let me know.
    Last edited by jbear; Sunday, 27th May, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Son of Meepo
    Wat will be using the floating damage bonus this turn.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore treex
    School just started so I didn't get the opportunity to post but things have stopped stirring. Does Themes have to keep manning the ship to keep it steady and whatnot? And would that need a check?
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Son of Meepo
    I'm assuming that it isn't going to be possible to target the crew with a blast power without hitting allies or prisoners. Can you confirm?

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast