Proposal: Adding the Crystal Isles with a connection to the Isle of Opposition

Neil1889

First Post
Could the Crystal Masons be tied to/perhaps run by the Tiefling merchant dynasty mentioned in Rain's background?

1.) It'll save me re-writing too much. :p

2.) As Tieflings, they may be regarded as "not quite one of us" by the Kingdom of Jade's successive rulers anyway, even if they have lived there since *a long time ago.* Within the Kingdom of Jade, they may have filled an Untouchable role that doesn't fit within the courtly caste system (not unlike certain real life minorities in this world).

jbear

First Post
With your Tieflings I am kind of imagining them having close dealings with the Crystal Masons. I'm still seeing them as separate and independent, but they are well aware who is at the top of the pecking order, so they happily co-exist and benefit from each others contacts.

Will that work?

Neil1889

First Post
With your Tieflings I am kind of imagining them having close dealings with the Crystal Masons. I'm still seeing them as separate and independent, but they are well aware who is at the top of the pecking order, so they happily co-exist and benefit from each others contacts.

Will that work?

OK, fine. Things will still have to be moved around to the portals (even by sea) and sold at the otherside of them somewhat out of their easy reach.

covaithe

Explorer
I haven't read all of this thread closely, but I just want to note that there's no need for a formal proposal to add new areas / islands / factions / whatever. L4W's setting is designed to be changed and expanded easily, particularly by DMs for their adventures. See the Charter section on world building for more.

Obviously you're quite welcome to discuss your worldbuilding in this thread and get input and feedback and whatever, but you don't need anyone's permission. Just do it.

jbear

First Post
All right, thanks. Mewness just suggested I start a thread because it was altering the already established information on the Isle of Opposition, but we've turned it around and really just given some flesh to the other end which is happening on the Jade Kingdoms side.

To add to the wiki, does that require approval?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases