Rise of the Runelords

Force6262

First Post
I never played this campaign setting, but I am curious about it. So what are your thoughts on it, is it good, bad or somewhere in between?

Crothian

First Post
It is traditionally D&D: Classic monsters, lots of exploration and fighting, a good amount of weirdness and horror. It suffers I felt from establishing Sandpoint and many interesting NPCs and then having the PCs leave and not really do much more with it.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Well, it is a, adventure path within a setting, and I love the Golarion setting for the most part. Love Rise of the Runelords, too. :)

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
My group had a TPK in the second book.

Very tough if played as written. The anniversary edition is supposed to tone down the encounter that killed my party (and apparently a bunch of other parties too :) ).

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It is traditionally D&D: Classic monsters, lots of exploration and fighting, a good amount of weirdness and horror. It suffers I felt from establishing Sandpoint and many interesting NPCs and then having the PCs leave and not really do much more with it.

That's the same problem we had with Savage Tide: the city we left was more interesting than what we went to.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases