[DC Comics] The New 52: Second Wave

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The first issues of the new DC comics are now out. For the uninitiated, the new comic book titles for the Second Wave are as follows:

• Batman Incorporated
• Dial H
• Earth 2
• G.I. Combat
• The Ravagers
• Worlds' Finest

These new titles 'replace' the following cancelled titles...

• Blackhawks
• Hawk and Dove
• Men of War
• Mister Terrific
• O.M.A.C.
• Static Shock

I'm disappointed that Blackhawks is going away. That was my favorite of the New 52. I've already bought the first issue of Earth 2. I haven't bought the first issue of Worlds' Finest yet, but I'm planning on it. I'm not interested in the other new titles.

What do you think of the changes in the New 52 lineup?

Discuss!

hopeless

Adventurer
Earth 2 and World's finest

The first issues of the new DC comics are now out. For the uninitiated, the new comic book titles for the Second Wave are as follows:

• Batman Incorporated
• Dial H
• Earth 2
• G.I. Combat
• The Ravagers
• Worlds' Finest

These new titles 'replace' the following cancelled titles...

• Blackhawks
• Hawk and Dove
• Men of War
• Mister Terrific
• O.M.A.C.
• Static Shock

I'm disappointed that Blackhawks is going away. That was my favorite of the New 52. I've already bought the first issue of Earth 2. I haven't bought the first issue of Worlds' Finest yet, but I'm planning on it. I'm not interested in the other new titles.

What do you think of the changes in the New 52 lineup?

Discuss!

Have bought a copy of Earth 2 and World's Finest and was surprised that Earth 2 is a prelude to World's Finest as far as the characters of the latter are concerned, looks interesting.
The Ravagers sounds like the next one I'll try and pick up a copy, might pick up the next issue of the two i mentioned to see where they go next with that.

Spatula

Explorer
I never really liked DC much outside of Vertigo, but I am definitely intrigued by the idea of China Miéville writing a superhero book...

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I picked up both "Dial H", and "GI Combat."

I had high hopes for Dial H, and GI COmbat was an impulse buy. But I was quite impressed wiht them both. (I've been a fan of "Dial H" in all it's incarnations since I was a little kid.)

And, fortunately, it seems like there's little chance for crossover storylines at this point.

Felon

First Post
Hawk and Dove. When will DC stop trying to ram these guys down our throats? At least they finally realized nobody had a use for the New Gods and killed them off.

What is "Ravagers" about? Anything to do with Slade Wilson, a.k.a. The Terminator (that's right, I'm still refusing to go with "Deathstroke"; they never shoulda caved on that).

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
What is "Ravagers" about? Anything to do with Slade Wilson, a.k.a. The Terminator (that's right, I'm still refusing to go with "Deathstroke"; they never shoulda caved on that).
Here's a brief look at what it will be...

The Culling Aftermath: THE RAVAGERS

The Ravagers #1
First issue of a new series spinning directly out of "THE CULLING!" • FAIRCHILD, brother and sister THUNDER and LIGHTNING, the monstrous RIDGE, BEAST BOY and TERRA are being pursued by ROSE WILSON and WARBLADE, who want them dead at any cost! • No one's survival is certain each month in THE RAVAGERS!

Color/B&W: Color
Page Count: 32
U.S. Price: 2.99
On Sale Date: May 30 2012

21690_900x1350.jpg

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Thanks.

Wow, they're just slapping characters together at random these days, huh?

And Garfield's red now? And I guess he's been de-aged if he's going by Beast Boy again?

Heard that a major DC character was coming out of the closet. Thought Wonder Woman would be the no-brainer choice, but apparently not.

There's sort of a 3rd wave now with JLI, Resurrection Man, Captain Atom and Voodoo ending (which is slightly disappointing because I read 2 of them), and the following series replacing them:

• Talon
  • Phantom Stranger
  • Team 7
  • Sword of Sorcery

Talon focuses on a character spun off from the Court of Owls event. Phantom Stranger was revealed to be Judas Iscariot and is connected to Pandora the hooded woman behind the new DCU. Sword of Sorcery is the return of Amethyst, with a monthly backup feature. And Team 7 is loosely based on a team that existed in Wildstorm's past, except with Steve Trevor, Cole Cash, Dinah Lance, John Lynch, Amanda Waller, Alex Fairchild and Slade Wilson.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases