[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Will post the update tonight, sry all, have spent most of the last few days @ a client's location, hard to do updates there

BenBrown

First Post
"Nah, straight into the army at 14. I'd still be there if they hadn't disbanded our cohort. Spent a lot of time in sentry duty, but the idea there was to let them know you were on duty. Well, that or not be seen at all."

CaBaNa

First Post
14?! incredulity drips from the rhetorical question, Explains the uniform though, had me worried before... I'm not going back there... mmHMM, no way... says Gil as he continues tapping at the tumblers.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=All]
Again, my apologies everyone. it should be smoother going forward, especially when I can get you all back together.... [/sblock]

[sblock=Two Portals Tavern]
"Ah, no, what are you talking about lads? That old dragonborn what didn't die in no shipwreck, he was one of the faithful, the sea god wouldn't let the seas take him. He died at the hands of the werewolf he did, even the thick scales couldn't stop the razor claws of the beast." the bartender replies fearfully, clutching a sprig of what appears to be wolfsbane in his free hand. [/sblock]

[sblock=Tristan, Papo, & Illarion]
Tristan is sure that nobody is watching them as Illarion goes to work, but the blind elf fails to crack the locking mechanism. Tristan fails to notice any signs of forced entry or tampering, although unlike the lock on the front of the house, this one is not newer.

As Illarion moves to attempt again, Papo is sure he hears a pair of boot-steps marching closeby. [/sblock]

[sblock=Gil/Kaeysari]
Gil doesn't see anyone looking nearby, it is probably too late for that. The lock slides open at his experienced hand. Despite Kaeysari's rather lacklustre performance, nobody is spotted nearby, luckily the area is more commercial so likely less foot traffic.

Gil can push the door open and sees inside by the light of the moon, it appears that this was the site of the attack. Scrapes are seen on the doorframe, and on various parts of the room, bits of broken furniture litter the area, and even a bit of dried blood is spotted. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Two Portals Tavern]"Huh... what?" replies Eloan with confusion. "A beast... what kind of beast could stop him. A boar could't stop him from what I've heard... neither a shipwreck from what you told me."[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let me try a quick one!"

Illarion does something to the door and it opens silently.
"Ha, I never believed that grasping it so works. I guess they are not called Grasping magpies for nothing." he whispers and quickly conceals himself in the shadows.

Thievery; Stealth(1d20+9=29, 1d20+15=31) - Thivery crit!

OOC: If there is time for another attempt at lockpicking, Illarion does so (and hides inside afterward), if not, once the threat passes Illarion (hopefully) opens the door.

CaBaNa

First Post
...aaand we're in. Gil replaces the tools and peeks inside, After you. Once "safely" inside, the scholar shuts the door and seeks out that which the guards may have missed; traces of the arcane.

OOC: Arcana to detect magic 25 Roll

renau1g

First Post
[SBLOCK=Two Portals Tavern]"Huh... what?" replies Eloan with confusion. "A beast... what kind of beast could stop him. A boar could't stop him from what I've heard... neither a shipwreck from what you told me."[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Two Portals Tavern]
The man looks at Eloan confused, then begins laughing loudly, "Oh, hahaha, you almost got me. what kind of beast. hahahaha." the barkeep slaps the bar hard, then when Eloan doesn't join in the laughter, his face straightens.

"Wait, are you serious? You don't know? Oh by the stars of Dayna. There is a creature, a beast. He has been stalking at night, murdering at random. He is a werewolf he is. He's got fangs, razor sharp ones, massive paws, killer claws" the man says, his face blanching.

[sblock=Song that came to mind]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypec7N-9i0]Kill the Beast - Beauty and the Beast (1991) - YouTube[/ame][/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases