[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]Oh ho ho no! startles Gil, These plants were covered in our curriculum.

[sblock=OOC]

Init 26 (Crit)

Free Action
Use Vulnerability
Trigger: Gil succeeds on a monster knowledge check against the target.
Check = 24 (Crit)
If Gil's check result meets or exceeds the Hard DC for the monsters level, he gains a +4 bonus to all defenses against the monsters attacks TENT and a +5 bonus to damage rolls against the monster (unless the monster resists the damage type.). If Gil's check result does not meet, or exceed the hard DC for the monster, he deals half damage to the monster TENT.

Monster knowledge check on spore if visible
Check = 10

Roll Lookup

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin

AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 36/36 Bloodied 18 Surges 7/7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6,
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

TWO CRITS! WOO!
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Speakers

"Only members of the Institute of Arcane are that bold? It sems not as I do not know that Institute at all. I am not Arcanist. And yes, we had to be bold to convince your butler to let us in and come here at this time of the night.

But if we are here, it is because we are running out of time and we need some information you might have. Recently, an elven information broker got killed in his house.

On the crime site, we foud this."
Eloan take out the card and show her before putting it back in his pocket. "If you could light our lantern on why that elf had your card, and tell us what you know about him. Unless you killed him, you have no reason to fear us, and the authorities doesn't know what we found... yet."

Insight; Diplomacy (1d20+5=11, 1d20+13=31)

"I am an arcanist, but I don't hold with societies. They tend to have their own agenda which doesn't necessarily coincide with members needs or wishes, but those of the leadership. As for our coming, we're bold because we're freelancers, our job is to risk lives for goal, pay or both. We found you after coming here as total strangers. Do you think murderer on the loose who is probably a local could not do the same? It's in your own interest to be forward with us. We just want to help."

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Hunters]"Watch out, these plants are hostile!" Tristan calls to his companions. "Might be the answer to what happened to the dwarf, though," he comments softly, a smirk spreading on his face as he reaches back for his overlarge sword.
[sblock=OOC]Initiative (1d20+6=12)[/sblock]
[sblock=Tristan]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 4
Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 16; Low-light vision
AC
:20(22), Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP
:46/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges Left:9/9
+2 item bonus to saves vs. poison keyword, weakened, slowed, immobilized.
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade
* Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception. * +2 item bonus to AC vs. first attack on me each encounter[/sblock][/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
(Hunters)

"Not again!" cries Papolstaanas, without providing his friends with any clue as to what he might be referring to. He swiftly draws his sword and darts in front of the others, interposing his small, unimposing frame between the enemies and his larger companions.

[sblock=Initiative]Initiative
7(1d20) +6 = 13
[/sblock]
[sblock=Off-Turn Actions for Papolstaanas]Off-Turn Actions
If I want Papolstaanas to use his interrupts to attack or defend anyone specific, I’ll note it here (it may change from round to round). Otherwise, he’ll operate according to the general principles below.

Guardian’s Counter (interrupt): Triggers when an ally within 2 of Papolstaanas is attacked and Papolstaanas is not included. Papolstaanas and the ally shift 2 (swapping places), the attack is resolved against Papolstaanas instead, and afterwards Papolstaanas gets to make a basic attack (Overwhelming Strike) against the attacker.

Papolstaanas will use Guardian’s counter to protect any vulnerable person in the group unless it's likely to drop him.

Lightning Rush (interrupt):Triggers when an enemy within 5 of Papolstaanas targets an ally with an attack. Papolstaanas moves his speed to be adjacent to the enemy and attacks (+13 vs. AC, 2d8+6 damage). The triggering attack is then resolved against him rather than the intended target. (This is the augmented 2 version, which Papolstaanas will always use. If he doesn’t have power points, he won’t bother with this power.)

Papolstaanas will always use this on ranged attackers if he can get there without provoking (since it’s an interrupt, the ranged attack will provoke an OA from him as well).

Melee Basic Attacks: Papolstaanas uses Overwhelming Strike for OAs and granted melee basic attacks. He will try to arrange his slides and shifts so that he can shift clear of enemies on his next turn.

Wrathful Warrior (no action): Papolstaanas gains 4 temp HPs the first time he is hit by a melee or close attack.

Blurred Step (free, 1/turn): Triggers when an enemy marked by Papolstaanas and adjacent to him shifts. Papolstaanas shifts 1.

Papolstaanas will follow his mark around if he can. If the mark is also his oath target, he will try to keep the oath active (i.e., maneuver so as not to be adjacent to other enemies). He will also try to maneuver so as to be able to shift clear of enemies on his next turn.[/sblock]
[sblock=Papolstaanas]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Avenger|Battlemind 7
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Normal
AC:24 (--), Fort:19 (--), Reflex:21 (--), Will:19 (--)
+2 defenses vs. traps; AC drops to 23 when bloodied
HP:69/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges left:12/12
Action Points: 1
Power Points: 4
:bmelee: Overwhelming Strike +12 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage, Papolstaanas shifts 1 square and slides target into the square he just vacated.
Shifty, Battlemind’s Demand, Blurred Step, Overwhelming Strike, Iron Fist, Lightning Rush
[o] Oath of Enmity (regained when target drops to 0 hp)
[o] Guardian’s Counter
[o] Fury’s Advance
[o] Distracting Flare
[o] Wrathful Warrior (feat)
[o] Second Wind

[o] Aspect of Might
[o] Nightmare Vortex
[o] Mental Triumph
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]Thanks to Tristan's warning, Gil is able to react faster than even the ambushing plant.

OOC: init (1d20+6=17) - Gil is up

[sblock=Gil]
You've succeeded on the check against the Vine.

It's a plant. It can climb, but is fairly slow. It has tremendous reach and can suffocate its victims. It has no immunities, resistances or vulnerabilities. It's simple mind leaves it more open to mental assault than it's other defenses.

If grabbed, the vine can be severed without injuring the grabbed party, however no damage is done to the core plant. [/sblock][/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]

Gil nods thanks to Tristan while shouting Go for the core and don't get choked! and moving to flank the vine. Shadows coalesce all around the plant, which lash out, cut and stab at the core of the creature. You may be right Tristan, these are nasty.

After Papo cries out, Gil gives him a head tilt and makes a mental note to ask later.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard Twilight Falls area burst 1 centered on Vine 1
26 vs will
19 psychic damage and Vine 1 is dazed TE of Gil's NT (due to being in the origin square of the burst)
Roll Lookup
Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts TE of Gil's NT. When an enemy attacks a creature within the zone, that creature has partial concealment against that enemy.

Move U10

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin

AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 36/36 Bloodied 18 Surges 7/7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6,
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]

Gil nods thanks to Tristan while shouting Go for the core and don't get choked! and moving to flank the vine. Shadows coalesce all around the plant, which lash out, cut and stab at the core of the creature. You may be right Tristan, these are nasty.

After Papo cries out, Gil gives him a head tilt and makes a mental note to ask later.

The vine's attempt to extract some revenge on the troublesome arcanist, but in the blink of an eye, the kobold intercedes and slams into the plant. The psionic strike is potent, but the vines still manage to grab Papolstaanas around the smaller creature's appendages and abdomen.

The smaller plants open their "mouths" and small needles fly out and slam into Gil and Tristan, debilitating poison entering their bloodstreams.

[sblock=Status]
Heroes up!

Vine: Attempt to attack Gil, tiggers Immediate Interrupt- Lightning Rush from Papo,
Vs ac (incl. CA); dmg (1d20+13+2=32, 2d8+6=17) hits for 17 dmg, then attack is resolved against the kobold - Vs ref ; dmg (1d20+13-2=27, 1d8+5=13) hits for 13 and you're grabbed
Spores 1-2: attack Gil - Vs ref (1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=19) - two hits for 12 total poison damage
Spores 3-4: attack Tristan - Vs ref (1d20+11=28, 1d20+11=15, 1d20+11=24) two hits for 12 total poison damage

Vine: 48/84 - Dazed TENT: ?? AC; ??/??/19 F/R/W
Spores: Healthy
Papolstaanas: 56/69, grabbed
Gil: 24/36
Tristan: 34/46

Yellow Zone - When an enemy attacks a creature within the zone, that creature has partial concealment against that enemy.
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Speakers]
The half-elf laughs, but the sound is hollow, a deep sadness is felt by Eloan. "Forgive me, I sometimes forget that it was another's fault that took my beloved away from me, and not the Arcane Ciphers. I shall try to assist however I can. I am well aware of the murders that have taken place, although I suspect you'd have to be blind and deaf not too. However, I do also know more than just the fact that they are dead and the boogeyman is running around town. You have been sent by the IoAC correct? So you obviously have an idea of what manner of creature is stalking these streets and maybe even an idea who it is? Why come to me?" she asks

[/sblock]

Attachments

• murder.jpg
    murder.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 108

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Hunters]Tristan draws his sword in a flash, handling the large blade far more easily than anyone of his stature should. Seeing that Papo has the larger vine in hand at the moment, the elf bounds off into the trees to their left, invoking Dayna's blessing to reach one of the smaller plants and guide his strike. Despite the deadly barbs in his flesh and the possibility of more, the elf is grinning ear to ear.[sblock=Actions]Minor: draw sword.

Move
: to Q4.

Standard
: Angelic Alacrity vs. Spore 5 (shift 5 squares to L3): 1d20+10=20 vs. AC, 2d12+8=20 damage.
If that misses, reroll with Elven Accuracy: 1d20+10=21.

Tristan will use Avenger's Resolve if attacked (immediate interrupt, trigger if attacked by non-oath enemy, gain resist 5 all TENT).[/sblock][sblock=Tristan]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 4
AC
:20, Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP
:34/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges Left:9/9
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade
* Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]
Tristan's magical blade blows apart the creature, a haze emanates from it's withered corpse and rolls over the elf.

[sblock=Nature DC 15]
This toxin is a more fortified version of the spore plant's venom, leaving those who inhale it weakened and injured.[/sblock]

OOC: Spore plants AC is 18, Spore 5 is dead. The toxin deals 5 more poison to Tristan and you are weakened (save ends)
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Hunters]Tristan's grin soon turns wry as his target's death vapours enter his lungs. "The vapours when you kill them are more concentrated, they weaken you. We should try to take them down at range," he advises.[sblock=OOC] Nature (1d20+8=17)

Since he got the weakened effect during his turn, he can make a save at the end of his turn, right? If not, ignore this roll. ;)
Save vs weakened. (1d20+2=17) [/sblock][sblock=Tristan]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 4
AC
:20, Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP
:29/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges Left:9/9
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade
* Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
* Weakened (save ends)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases