[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

Mewness

First Post
Hunters

"What a strike!" Papolstaanas shouts admiringly as Tristan slices the vine clean in two. The leaf that was sticking to its top falls away, and the kobold carefully picks the remaining pieces of vine out of his armor.

[sblock=ooc]Papolstaanas will spend a surge if we're taking a breather. That gets him to 67/69 HP.[/sblock]
[sblock=Papolstaanas]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Avenger|Battlemind 7
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Normal
AC:24 (--), Fort:19 (--), Reflex:21 (--), Will:19 (--)
+2 defenses vs. traps; AC drops to 23 when bloodied
HP:67/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges left:11/12
Action Points: 1
Power Points: 4
:bmelee: Overwhelming Strike +12 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage, Papolstaanas shifts 1 square and slides target into the square he just vacated.
Shifty, Battlemind’s Demand, Blurred Step, Overwhelming Strike, Iron Fist, Lightning Rush
[o] Oath of Enmity (regained when target drops to 0 hp)
[o] Guardian’s Counter
[o] Fury’s Advance
[o] Distracting Flare
[o] Wrathful Warrior (feat)
[o] Second Wind

[o] Aspect of Might
[o] Nightmare Vortex
[o] Mental Triumph
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Hunters]Tristan remains in a ready stance for a moment to be sure the threat is over, then relaxes, stands tall, and lowers his sword. "Well fought," he compliments his companions. A grin spreads across his face. "I think I know what happened to the dwarf. These plants would have been more than a match for many single hunters. But we should look around and make sure."

The elf starts with the 'corpse' of the vine to see if it may be a carnivorous plant that ate the unfortunate hunter. Afterwards, he moves on and tries to read any tracks left after the battle to see if the dwarf had ever left his camp after it was made.
[sblock=OOC]Nature to see if vine was carnivorous: 1d20+8=28; Perception for searching/tracking: 1d20+14=22.

Tristan will spend two surges, getting him to 41/46.

Haha, only you would send a level 10 monster against a group with a level 4 member, r1. :p Go go Oath of Enmity with rerolls! (... Okay, maybe not only you, but it just sounds better that way.)[/sblock][sblock=Tristan]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 4
Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 16; Low-light vision
AC
:20, Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP
:41/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges Left:7/9
+2 item bonus to saves vs. poison keyword, weakened, slowed, immobilized.
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade
* Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]
Tristan knows that these plants are definitely carnivorous, his knowledge (along with Gil's) and tracking skills locate a pair of corpses, one in a more advanced state of decomposition (a interminable humanoid) and a less decomposed, but equally dead dwarf. The dwarf looks to have been asphyxiated, bruises are noted around his neck. The boots on the corpse look in very good shape and Gil quickly determines they are a pair of enchanted boots.

You spot a pack nearby

[sblock=Vine]
The assassin vine is a semi-mobile plant that collects its own grisly fertilizer by grabbing and crushing animals and depositing the carcasses near its roots.

A mature plant consists of a main vine, about 20 feet long. Smaller vines up to 5 feet long branch off from the main vine about every 6 inches. These small vines bear clusters of leaves, and in late summer they produce bunches of small fruits that resemble wild grapes. The fruit is tough and has a hearty but bitter flavor. Assassin vine berries make a heady wine.[/sblock]

[sblock=Spore Plants]
These are mutations of the traditional venus fly trap, although they tend to focus on small mammals/birds, they are not opposed to attacking larger prey. [/sblock]

OOC: Just to pull back the screen a bit, I had originally intended on you coming here to grab some wolfsbane, so there was actually a much larger encounter planned (with 7 PC's around). Your average level is 6 as an FYI, Tristan's in a bit over his head ;) (good thing you get two rolls).

Boots are Boots of the Fencing Master, 2 potions of healing, and a Coin of Goodluck

[sblock=Coin]
Coin of Good LuckLevel 5 Rare
This shiny gold coin can mean the difference between life and death, brilliant success and utter failure.
Consumable 50 gp
Property
The coin always lands tails up when flipped.
Utility Power Consumable (Free Action)
Effect: Gain a +1 item bonus on an attack roll, skill check, or saving throw you just made.
Special: You cannot use the utility power of another coin of good luck until after you’ve taken an extended rest.
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]That was amazing! the wizard bounces a bit while he congratulates his companions. SSSssssOW! screams the scholar, plucking the last of the needles from his face. Blasted creature can make smiling hurt...

Popping the top from one of his mixtures Gil drinks the vial and feels a strong relief flow over him. Anyone else want one? Pretty easy to make, but takes time.

Such nice boots too... These are the kind of thing that would normally save your hide in a situation like this. Gil looks the dwarf over again, or not. Now about that pack. with little sign of remaining fear, Gil sidles up to the pack and flips it open with a quick motion. The wizard checks the normal spots for hidden compartments before rifling through the main pack area.

OOC: 20 perception on the pack, roll lookup. Using healing infusion on self and spending two healing surges. One to heal and the other to recreate the healing infusion. regains 11 HP. If anyone else wants to use the Healing Infusion to gain a +2 on the hs you spend, say as much, however it costs us 5 min every time it is used. (Except the first, as it wasn't used during combat)

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin

AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 29/36 Bloodied 18 Surges 5/7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6,
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Just a heads up, I'm going on a bit of a vacation starting tomorrow (Friday) until Sunday the 9th. I will have some internet access, so I'm planning to check in a couple times and hopefully post a bit, but it probably won't be every day and probably short posts.

Re: Boots of the Fencing Master. I see I've got those on Tristan's wish list. Does anyone else want them, or does my elf get lucky? :) I'm fine either way.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Today is my last day at job, so I'll be giving away my actual computer. I'll be without computer for the week-end and Tuesday, I'll know more what I'll have for my new job. I'll give news next week.

During that time, if you need to NPC Eloan, I allow any player to NPC him if I take time to act. Feel free to use any Encounter and At-Will power..

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Just a heads up, I'm going on a bit of a vacation starting tomorrow (Friday) until Sunday the 9th. I will have some internet access, so I'm planning to check in a couple times and hopefully post a bit, but it probably won't be every day and probably short posts.

Re: Boots of the Fencing Master. I see I've got those on Tristan's wish list. Does anyone else want them, or does my elf get lucky? :) I'm fine either way.[/sblock]

OOC: Gil left the boots behind when he ran off after the pack. Gil would likely be interested in the coin and 1 of the potions. @Mewness if Papolstaanas is interested in the coin, Gil will gladly trade it for a few new phrases in conversational draconic. [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION] Hope you have a smooth transition, best of luck.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yes, best of luck, Velmont!

I guess I'll assume for now that Tristan gets the boots, but please anyone else who wants them speak up. We can roleplay a hand-over once we meet up for those if you in the other group. ;) Tristan isn't interested in the coin and already has two healing potions, so Gil and Papo should split those.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases