[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

renau1g

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tavern]"A dwarf... who is that dwarf?" asks Eloan.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=tavern]"A dwarf hunter from the Valley of Bone, they say he could track someone across even the shifting deserts of his homeland. Heard the guards paid him a pretty penny to track and slay the beast, but I ain't heard nothing about it in some time. Word is that he probably did find the werewolf and ended up it's next meal" he replies [/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"This looks old," says Papolstaanas, pointing at the bloodstain. He sounds sort of relieved, even though an old bloodstain is surely less useful to the investigation than a new one. "I suppose we should get back to the others? It's very late. Maybe someone will know what that symbol means."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Yes, there doesn't seem to be any more to learn here. Let's move on. We should at least have a quick look at the judge's home, though."
[sblock=OOC]I think that was one of our jobs, wasn't it? I'd be content with just making a couple rolls and letting r1 fill in the details instead of dragging this night out much longer, though.

By the way, is @Neurotic still with us? Haven't heard anything out of Illarion lately. :)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Feel free to roll some Stealth, Perception, and anything else you feel is important. Let me know what you're doing/looking for and I'll do up a summary post before my vacation on Wednesday. In case anyone missed it in the general discussion thread, I'll be gone for a week starting Wednesday.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
By the way, is Neurotic still with us? Haven't heard anything out of Illarion lately. :)[/sblock]

I'm here, just didn't have much time lately...I'll post tomorrow after I re-read last page...but as far as I can see we have no other option except that sign.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], are there any more rooms to explore?

Illarion looks over the home, especially looking for basement entrance since it doesn't seem likely there are other exits. Still, he checks any wall that appears to touch or almost touch neighboring house.

Finally, he concentrates on detecting magical traces or remnants in the house.

Perception; Arcana (1d20+3+1=21, 1d20+9=17)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tavern]"So you have a werewolf problem that no one have ever survive or even seen and you have sent an hunter that never came back after it... This theory is as solid as a card castle.

Who hired that dwarf?"
[/SBLOCK]

Mewness

First Post
"Yes, there doesn't seem to be any more to learn here. Let's move on. We should at least have a quick look at the judge's home, though."

Papolstaanas agrees. "There's probably still time to take a look," he says.

[sblock=ooc]I forgot about the judge. Here are some checks for general scouting.

Stealth (+2 for having shield unequipped); Percdeption
1(1d20) +16 = 17; 9(1d20) +14 = 23

As I recall the list of stuff we wanted to find out about the judge requires us to observe his general habits (this was Neurotic's list) which will have to happen during the day if at all.

1. layout of his home - foremost, how is his bedroom accessible from outside
2. layout of his office building - how is his office accessible from outside
3. his normal route from home to work and vice versa
4. does he have any new persons around him (new employees, bodyguard etc) - I realize this may be hard to get
5. did he change his habits recently (thus, is he aware he's in danger)

Right now we can check out #1 and maybe #2 ?[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I agree. The rest need the judge. I'm open to suggestion how to implant Illarion in the staff :) Should we knock someone down or try legitimate ways?

renau1g

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tavern]"So you have a werewolf problem that no one have ever survive or even seen and you have sent an hunter that never came back after it... This theory is as solid as a card castle.

Who hired that dwarf?"
[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Tavern]
"Hmmm, my guess'd be the mayor, Thorin Brightshield, or maybe the guardsmen hired him." he replies [/sblock]

Papolstaanas agrees. "There's probably still time to take a look," he says.

[sblock=ooc]I forgot about the judge. Here are some checks for general scouting.

Stealth (+2 for having shield unequipped); Percdeption
1(1d20) +16 = 17; 9(1d20) +14 = 23

As I recall the list of stuff we wanted to find out about the judge requires us to observe his general habits (this was Neurotic's list) which will have to happen during the day if at all.

1. layout of his home - foremost, how is his bedroom accessible from outside
2. layout of his office building - how is his office accessible from outside
3. his normal route from home to work and vice versa
4. does he have any new persons around him (new employees, bodyguard etc) - I realize this may be hard to get
5. did he change his habits recently (thus, is he aware he's in danger)

Right now we can check out [URL=http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] and maybe [URL=http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] ?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
The judge's home is located atop the courtroom lies in the town center, on the main isle. The black granite has windows that are barred at this late (or rather early) hour and the front door has a gate that is padlocked and an iron-bound door behind. The 2nd story is likely where the living space is. There is no door visible on the 2nd floor, or balcony, etc. The structure is 2 story tall all the way around.

At this time of day, there's not really anyone to inquire about #4 . There are no guards visible at the courthouse currently. Same for #5 . The bars on the windows do not look new though, and the padlock is the same. The are is well lit with lampposts around the four corners of the building and one hanging above the main door. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases