[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]

Aye Tristan! grunts the wizard as he frantically plucks needles from his exposed bits. Jars rattle as he reaches into a pocket and chucks a snowball toward the plants, the ball explodes with a gesture from Gil and leaves a swirling frosty wind to batter the needle spewing spores.

[sblock=Actions]

Freezing Burst, (enlarged) area burst 2 centered on K7
13 vs reflex spore 1 if a hit 7 cold damage and slide to L8
23 vs reflex spore 2 if a hit 7 cold damage and slide to K8
18 vs reflex spore 4 if a hit 7 cold damage and slide to K7
(damage includes -2 from enlarged)
Roll Lookup

Move shift to V9

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin

AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 24/36 Bloodied 18 Surges 7/7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6,
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]
Papolstaanas manages to further assault the vine, while Gil's spell flash freezes two of the spore plants. The poison harmlessly seeps out of cracks in the ice.

The vine slithers forward and again grabs onto the kobold, while the remaining spore plants assault the other two heroes. One spits its poisoned barb into Gil and the other delivers a rather vicious bite to Tristan.

[sblock=Status]
Tristan hits and kills one spore plant, Papolstaanas hits (incl the CA from Daze), Gil hits Spore 2&4.

Heroes up!

Vine: shift 1 square & attacks Papolstaanas vs ref; dmg (1d20+13=28, 1d8+5=10) hits for 10 and the kobold's grabbed
Spores 1: move & attack Gil - 1d20+11=23 hit for 6 total poison damage
Spores 3: attack Tristan - vs ac (t) (1d20+11=29) hits for 5 damage

Vine: 42/84 - Bloodied: 24 AC; 24/??/19 F/R/W
Spores: Healthy: 18 AC; ??/18/19 F/R/W
Papolstaanas: 50/69, grabbed
Gil: 18/36, bloodied
Tristan: 24/46

[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• murder.jpg
    murder.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[SBLOCK=Speakers]
The woman seems to relax a bit at the assurances that you aren't assassins sent to destroy the murderer.

- Can you tells us what are the event that led him to get exile?
"Well, it was his involvement in the Institute that led to his exile, he was always interested in exploring and with the nearby portals, Vilk had a nearly endless opportunity to do so. However, when he brought in the son of the Moulet family into the group and went on one of his expeditions, that was the beginning of the end. You see, the society has a goal of claiming "unclaimed" arcane sites. During one of these trips, they found what they thought was an old, abandoned necromantic ritual site, but unfortunately, it was not. An angry spirit had haunted the place, the soul of one sacrificed upon its dark altar and it used that situation to take out its anger on the living. The son, Banton, was overwhelmed by the creature and in fear, Vilk ran back through the portal here to town." she says

- How did his exile happen?
"That in and of itself wouldn't be enough to have him sent away, but the political might of the Moulets was quite strong back then. The merchant and his son had acted as witnesses in the trial, despite not being anywhere near the site that day. The judge, Cevianna Pradowca, presided over the trial, and I'm sure took some payment for a rigged trial and verdict." she says

- Are you aware of anyone still living that had implication in his exile?
"Well, as you noted that the victims were all involved in the exile, the only one remaining is the judge that I'm aware of. The Moulets eventually left town after a nasty incident involving the patriarch and a young boy from the temple that became public....too bad about that" she says with a wry grin.

- What was his habit while he was with you?
"well, he'd leave for weeks at a time, much like I'm sure you gentleman do, and come and go as he pleased. He frequented his home, with his books and notes and research, although that was confiscated by the town and sold off" she replies.

- Did he frequent places regularly?
"Only here and his home when in town" she says

- On a more personal note, how did your relation start.
"Well now, aren't you getting a little personal?" she says with a chuckle, "Well, he was a client at first, apparently needing a bit of ... release.... after his expeditions, but unlike others, he was different. His mind was sharp, and we could talk for hours into the late hours of the night...." she says.

- What kind of relation you had with him?
"Well, we were lovers, but I like to think that we were more than that, even if he never seemed to want to take it any further"

- How did your relation end?
"Well, it ended with his exile. He was gone, I stayed. Before you judge, you have to understand, my entire life is in Fulcrum; My experience, my clients, all my family’s property. It killed me inside to lose him; I’ve never known a man like Vonran Vilk before or since, but my work and my life were more important then chasing a dream" she replies
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Hunters]Tristan grins as Gil freezes two of the spores. "For someone so young you do pack a punch!" the elf calls. When his spore tries to bite him, Tristan invokes some of Dayna's power to shield him from its thorns. With a quick stab he ripostes and skewers the spore, then runs down to deliver a brutal slice across the body of the vine facing Papo. Invoking Dayna's power once again, the vine disappears in a burst of silvery leaves, followed half a second later by Tristan. The vine and elf reappear some ten feet further away from Papo, the elf setting the kobold up to deliver another attack.[sblock=Actions]I'll use Avenger's Resolve when Tristan is hit by the spore, giving him resist 5 all TENT.

Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs. Spore 3: 1d20+10=29 vs AC, 1d12+8=9 damage. Shift to M4, spore is dead. I'm a little rusty on timing of effects in 4e - would Tristan still get caught in the spore's death burst thingy? If he does get caught, resistance from Avenger's Resolve ignores the damage, but Tristan is weakened (save ends).

Move: to Q6.

Minor: Oath of Enmity vs Vine.

AP: Sequestering Strike vs Vine: 1d20+10=18 vs AC, 1d20+10=16, 2d12+8=18 damage, miss.
Burn Elven Accuracy to reroll: 1d20+10=30, 1d20+10=16, crit! Damage = 1d12+1d8+32=47, or 23 if weakened.
Teleport Vine to O6, Tristan teleports to N6. Papo should no longer be grabbed, and I think Gil can target a burst that catches the vine and spore but no friendlies.

If Tristan was caught in death burst thingy: Save vs weakened. (1d20+2=3)[/sblock][sblock=Tristan]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 4
Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 16; Low-light vision
AC
:20, Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP
:29/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges Left:9/9
+2 item bonus to saves vs. poison keyword, weakened, slowed, immobilized.
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade
* Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
* Weakened (save ends)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]

You need to be closer to the vine, or further away? asks Gil through gritted teeth. The human quickly plucks as many barbs out as possible, thinking through his options.

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I forgot to include the teleporting part of Sequestering Strike when I initially made my post. After teleporting the vine and Tristan, Papo should no longer be grabbed, and I think Gil should be able to put down a burst that catches the vine and spore but no friendlies.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Hunters]
Tristan's deadly blade flashes and one of the spore plants dies, but the elf is quickly out of the way before the poison can catch him again. After the elf slashes the vine, they disappear from sight for a moment, Papolstaanas is free from the foe and when they reappear, the coils of vine lie still.

Gil manages to finish off the remaining carnivorous plant.

OOC: I'll rule that as the shift is part of the attack, and the spore isn't killed until the attack is resolved, then Tristan isn't weakened and therefore the attack also kills the Vine, we'll save the die rolling on the last spore, it's dead. Combat over. Well done, that was far easier than I had planned, even with a level 10 enemy you rolled through them pretty easily.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Speakers]"I do not judge, it is not my role. Anyway, some person thinks adventurer are low-life mercenary that tries to give themselves better conscience by doing their crimes in the name of an employer, so who I am to judge?" replies Eloan, thinking of what his father told him after he had told him that he had save a girl from a necromancer. Eloan heart is filled with shame and hatred as his thought about it but try to hide his feeling under a neutral mask.

"If we assume Vilk is behind these murder, he would have probably started with the Moulets, but as they left... do you know where they have gone?

Also, you have talked about a portal. Do you know which portal he was talking about? And where we can find it?

And for the judge, do you know where we can find him?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Bluff (1d20+11=18) to hide his feeling.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases