[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

renau1g

First Post
"You know for certain that Vilk is a werewolf?

"Well, I do not know for certain, just my suspicions, as Veruzak has likely informed you. I have yet to get to a crime scene before the guard so my opportunity is less than ideal to investigate."

You suggest that you also discovered a connection between the victims - what is it?

"Yes I have. I'm sure that Veruzak has told you about Vilk's banishment from the Isle. The victims were all connected to Vilk's trial. There have been fourteen murders over the past four months. He began with Wanda Oteski, the granddaughter of one of Vilk’s old adventuring rivals. Afterward he slew an elderly merchant and his son who bore witness at Vilk’s trial. The next month saw the death of an elven information broker; apparently he directed Vilk and his band to that
ill-fated tomb. The list goes on, but all of them bear some connection to Vilk.”
Ryado states

"And is there any reason we should not simply seek him out now, instead of waiting for tomorrow's full moon? It seems foolish to let slip the opportunity to catch our prey when it is weaker."

“That’s been a bit of a problem. I spent six weeks trying to track him down without any luck. I'm hopeful you will have more luck" he says frustrated.

"I agree, we shouldn't wait if he goes on rampage tomorrow. He may make it public and that will make it harder for us. Is there anything specific you might want to tell us about murder sites, people or Vilk? Also, are victims simply mauled or there is some symbolism or ritual done? If so, how would a were in frenzy do that?"

"Hmmmm, I wasn't aware of any rituals being done, although as I noted I haven't beaten the guards to a site so they may have found and cleaned up any information like that. It could be something worse I suppose, but my own limited knowledge only leads me to the conclusion of the lycan" Ryado replies.

CaBaNa

First Post
I knew it was going to be a long night... Gil shakes his head, picking his favorite nuts out of the rations. If I could devise a flexible knee armor, I'd be rich! You wouldn't believe how many people have had to retire due to that very condition Ryado. says the human continuing to shake his head. As he comments he casually flips open the book to the section on wolfsbane, Do you know where we could find any wolfsbane nearby?

renau1g

First Post
I knew it was going to be a long night... Gil shakes his head, picking his favorite nuts out of the rations. If I could devise a flexible knee armor, I'd be rich! You wouldn't believe how many people have had to retire due to that very condition Ryado. says the human continuing to shake his head. As he comments he casually flips open the book to the section on wolfsbane, Do you know where we could find any wolfsbane nearby?

"Oh, it is common? I thought I was one of the only ones who has suffered such an injury, it certainly seemed a rather freak occurrence. I had thought about becoming a city guard, but for now I'm still contributing. As for wolfsbane, I have come to find that the plant grows in the wilds out past the shore-side of the town" Ryado replies

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas nods rapidly. "A-and the victims," he says. "It sounds as though you must, must have some idea of who will be next, if they're all associated with Vilk's trial. I mean, I hope we can find him before anyone else dies, but if not, we'll need to protect the others."

BenBrown

First Post
"And that guy who hired us said there was no connection," Kaeysari grumbles. "That's two employers in a row who've lied to us. I'm beginning to wonder if there's anyone trustworthy left."

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas looks anxiously back and forth between Kaeysari and Gil. Eventually, loyalty to his friend prevails over any desire to play peacemaker. "He seemed awfully sure of himself," he says. "If he didn't know, he should have said so."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan waves his hand, "It doesn't matter. This works to our advantage; I'd rather it was this way."

Turning to Ryado, he asks, "How many people remain that were involved in Vilk's trial? If they are indeed our quarry's target, we may be able to find him through them."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases