D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy) - Page 17




+ Log in or register to post
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 323
  1. #161
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,002

    Ignore Neurotic
    Is there a retry for thievery for Illarion?

 

  • #162
    OOC: Will post the update tonight, sry all, have spent most of the last few days @ a client's location, hard to do updates there

  • #163
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    "Nah, straight into the army at 14. I'd still be there if they hadn't disbanded our cohort. Spent a lot of time in sentry duty, but the idea there was to let them know you were on duty. Well, that or not be seen at all."
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #164
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,062

    Ignore CaBaNa
    14?! incredulity drips from the rhetorical question, Explains the uniform though, had me worried before... I'm not going back there... mmHMM, no way... says Gil as he continues tapping at the tumblers.
    MAGIC!

  • #165
    All

    Again, my apologies everyone. it should be smoother going forward, especially when I can get you all back together....


    Two Portals Tavern

    "Ah, no, what are you talking about lads? That old dragonborn what didn't die in no shipwreck, he was one of the faithful, the sea god wouldn't let the seas take him. He died at the hands of the werewolf he did, even the thick scales couldn't stop the razor claws of the beast." the bartender replies fearfully, clutching a sprig of what appears to be wolfsbane in his free hand.


    Tristan, Papo, & Illarion

    Tristan is sure that nobody is watching them as Illarion goes to work, but the blind elf fails to crack the locking mechanism. Tristan fails to notice any signs of forced entry or tampering, although unlike the lock on the front of the house, this one is not newer.

    As Illarion moves to attempt again, Papo is sure he hears a pair of boot-steps marching closeby.


    Gil/Kaeysari

    Gil doesn't see anyone looking nearby, it is probably too late for that. The lock slides open at his experienced hand. Despite Kaeysari's rather lacklustre performance, nobody is spotted nearby, luckily the area is more commercial so likely less foot traffic.

    Gil can push the door open and sees inside by the light of the moon, it appears that this was the site of the attack. Scrapes are seen on the doorframe, and on various parts of the room, bits of broken furniture litter the area, and even a bit of dried blood is spotted.

  • #166
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    Two Portals Tavern
    "Huh... what?" replies Eloan with confusion. "A beast... what kind of beast could stop him. A boar could't stop him from what I've heard... neither a shipwreck from what you told me."
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #167
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    Ignore Mewness
    "Someone's coming!" Papolstaanas says to Illarion and Tristan in a loud whisper, and points in the direction he hears the footsteps coming from. He sneaks around the side of the house to take a look.

    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #168
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,002

    Ignore Neurotic
    "Let me try a quick one!"

    Illarion does something to the door and it opens silently.
    "Ha, I never believed that grasping it so works. I guess they are not called Grasping magpies for nothing." he whispers and quickly conceals himself in the shadows.

    Thievery; Stealth(1d20+9=29, 1d20+15=31) - Thivery crit!

    OOC: If there is time for another attempt at lockpicking, Illarion does so (and hides inside afterward), if not, once the threat passes Illarion (hopefully) opens the door.

  • #169
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,062

    Ignore CaBaNa
    ...aaand we're in. Gil replaces the tools and peeks inside, After you. Once "safely" inside, the scholar shuts the door and seeks out that which the guards may have missed; traces of the arcane.

    OOC: Arcana to detect magic 25 Roll
    MAGIC!

  • #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    Two Portals Tavern
    "Huh... what?" replies Eloan with confusion. "A beast... what kind of beast could stop him. A boar could't stop him from what I've heard... neither a shipwreck from what you told me."
    Two Portals Tavern

    The man looks at Eloan confused, then begins laughing loudly, "Oh, hahaha, you almost got me. what kind of beast. hahahaha." the barkeep slaps the bar hard, then when Eloan doesn't join in the laughter, his face straightens.

    "Wait, are you serious? You don't know? Oh by the stars of Dayna. There is a creature, a beast. He has been stalking at night, murdering at random. He is a werewolf he is. He's got fangs, razor sharp ones, massive paws, killer claws" the man says, his face blanching.

    Song that came to mind

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypec7N-9i0]Kill the Beast - Beauty and the Beast (1991) - YouTube[/ame]

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 161
      Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 03:05 PM
    4. [Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 993
      Last Post: Friday, 6th August, 2010, 01:33 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •