[Pathfinder] Friadoc's 'Down Camlin Way' campaign [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Anyone got any ideas on how to throw Jorgan's tragic story into the mix? Or Post-Tragedy, I should say. I keep thinking his parents died in the attack and he was picked up by some wise old stereotypical sage to be educated in the powers that he never asked for. Any room for that plotline somewhere?

Leif

Adventurer
I guess maybe it's already been thought of, but why not link the backgrounds of Gileysefed and Jorgan? Perhaps it was a fey-born sage who taught Gileysefed how to control and manage his powers and also gave Jorgan his instruction? Just a thought.

Shayuri

First Post
Jkason, I think your broaderminded villagers will work. My story is that Talashia leaves with a passing wizard when her powers prove to be actually dangerous...doing damage or injury because she can't control them. So I think that marks the two characters as sufficiently different in the eyes of the public for different treatment. :)

As for Jorgen...perhaps our saviour sages are the same fellow?

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe...well here's my accounting:

He was passing through the town, witnessed one of Talashia's little episodes and realized she'd be a danger to herself and others without some training. So he took her to the city, to the mage school or academy...bah, memory fails, but it's all earlier in the thread too. Anyway, he may or may not have personally overseen her work there...either's fine.

I dunno where he encountered your character, but perhaps he took Jorgan to the same place? Therefore Talashia and Jorgan could know each other from school.

Friadoc

Explorer
Overall, especially with respect to the region, Camlin overall (Fells, Way, and Shore) are fairly open-minded folk. They don't hold much intolerance toward various folk like some of the area, there's no prejudice against the halfling, nor do they hold any disdain for half-elves or half-orcs persay, and they're amiable toward the localized fey.

Sure, if you're generally a total jerk it's that jerkiness that's the issue and not your race. Very much a meritocracy, but simply so. If you've extenuating circumstances, such as how Talashia's coming across in her early development, there's going to be some fearfulness and what not. Also, if someone stole a baby and replaced it, folks might be made about that, but probably not about the baby. More so, if the baby was left to a couple who couldn't produce a child, then they may be okay with that while some folk might be put off by it.

Basically, the area is overall good folk, but there's always the chance for a bad egg here and there, especially if it helps your story.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
And I will be from that quiet monistary in the hills that buys and sells in the village, but also sells their vino abroad.

jkason

First Post
So, I'm a bit of a dope in that I didn't at all take into account extended Gnome aging. A first level gnome oracle is around 44 years old, which makes things slightly problematic if Giley and Talashia grew up more or less contemporaneously.

I can think of two fixes, either of which is fine by me. In the first, Giley's parents were overprotective for a long time after their first child died of illness, so he was kept away from the outside world, and his 'introduction' to the village was, say, around his 30th birthday or so, when his parents were -- by medieval standards -- getting on in years.

With more accepting villagers, mind, it's also entirely possibly that Giley had been running about town with his personal ghosts for quite some time. His wolf would be a more recent addition, though, and probably coincide roughly with Talashia's powers coming to the fore.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
it could be that giley was brought to the human parents at the age of 10 or 15 for a gnome. that age must still be adolescent ?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases