[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

"We are well trained for just doing this!" Teclis says, stretching the truth quite a bit.

[sblock=OOC]
had something better in mind, but after this low roll...

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Teclis Stormborn
Perception: 23 Insight: 23 Low-light Vision
AC 27 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 30
Initiative: +8
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: Lightning 10
Saving Throw: +2 vs slowed, immobilized, and restrained; +1 vs death
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Howling Zephyr, Ignition, Eldritch Strike
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation 4/4, Wind Burst, Lightning Shift, Fog Form, Bracers of Mental Might
Daily Powers: Zephyr Wings, Robe of Scintillation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Phaezen

First Post
"Creating these spell enhanced thugs must use a lot of magical resources" Vanri wonders out loud, although his train of thought seems to falter "I wonder..."

OOC: NO idea where I was going with that train of thought, would Vanri's arcana check allow him to pick up some clues from the room if our host is a magic user herself or may be able to tell us the names of prominent magic users who may be involved?

Last edited:

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea Ripace

Althaea sits with her legs crossed, idly stroking a lazy cat that has found its way onto her chair's arm. "You needn't worry about outside involvement; I'm certain that we can handle this, we've tackled larger threats before. With luck, we won't need to involve the empire any further than our friend Silas here," she assures their patron with a practiced smile. "Whether it be through spell, song, steel, storm or sparks," she nods at each of her companions in turn, "we are all well trained in solving problems."

OOC: I suppose Diplomacy again, in this case. Bonus points for alliteration? (and Althaea's is strategy, for that matter)

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Silas moved the cat with his staff of office before sitting, trying to determine if he knew anything else on this long lived Lady that would be of use in negotiation.
OOC: History

drothgery

First Post
Soril

"Do you have an idea of where the leaders of this rebellion might be living?" He asks. "If not that, then who are the people that are carrying out the attacks? Where do they stay? How you speak of them...makes it seem as though they are directing from the shadows." He smiles at her, showing his pointed teeth. "Fire has a way of clearing the rats from the building. Burn enough and the leaders will show their faces...either to fight or run away."
OOC: You could only get one success out of intimidate. Not counting this as a success or a failure.
"I was hoping for a more subtle solution." She said.

Teclis Stormborn

"We are well trained for just doing this!" Teclis says, stretching the truth quite a bit.
Lady Daybringer arches an eyebrow at this.
OOC: 1 failure

"Creating these spell enhanced thugs must use a lot of magical resources" Vanri wonders out loud, although his train of thought seems to falter "I wonder..."
[sblock=Vanri]one of the cats seems strangely attentive to the discussion, in a way that touches your finely-honed arcane senses[/sblock]

Althaea sits with her legs crossed, idly stroking a lazy cat that has found its way onto her chair's arm. "You needn't worry about outside involvement; I'm certain that we can handle this, we've tackled larger threats before. With luck, we won't need to involve the empire any further than our friend Silas here," she assures their patron with a practiced smile. "Whether it be through spell, song, steel, storm or sparks," she nods at each of her companions in turn, "we are all well trained in solving problems."

OOC: I suppose Diplomacy again, in this case. Bonus points for alliteration? (and Althaea's is strategy, for that matter)
"You begin to convince me. What plan for further action do you propose, then?" She said.
OOC: And that's a success, which means you've succeeded at this skill challenge

Silas moved the cat with his staff of office before sitting, trying to determine if he knew anything else on this long lived Lady that would be of use in negotiation.
Between the discussions just now and his conversation with the others before the meeting, Silas was able to puzzle out a few details of the town's history that he had not been able to learn directly.[sblock=Silas]The city’s bandit history has colored the
community to this day. In the less well-policed parts
of town, several gangs have de facto control over business
and day-to-day affairs. There are two major gangs,
one smaller one, and a handful of street-corner toughs.

After her elevation to the peerage, Stella
Daybringer, who now holds the title of countess, dissolved
her ties to her former bandit gang. Most of its former
members became more-or-less respectable citizens,
but it’s said a few holdouts became what’s now the
Bloody Knives.[/sblock]

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri looks oddly at the strangely attentive cat, then depositing the one on his lap on the floor he gets up and moves over to the feline that has gotten his attention.

Stroking it's head the genasi says out loud "Why hello there strange one, and what is your name?"

Shayuri

First Post
Tatterdemalion pounces on the lady's acquiescence like one of the cats might on a mouse.

"Morgue," she says dourly. "I want to see one of the bodies of these magified humans. If I knew more about what was done about them, it'd help me figure out who might be doing it. This kind of magic isn't exactly common, even for you big people."

Tatter's day was always brightened by an afternoon...or midnight...jaunt to the local graveyard or mortuary.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Vanri looks oddly at the strangely attentive cat, then depositing the one on his lap on the floor he gets up and moves over to the feline that has gotten his attention.

Stroking it's head the genasi says out loud "Why hello there strange one, and what is your name?"
The cat snuggles up to the swordmage.
[sblock=Vanri]insight;opposed (1d20+10=29, 1d20=5) ... but somehow, its actions seem more than a little 'off'.[/sblock]

Tatterdemalion pounces on the lady's acquiescence like one of the cats might on a mouse.

"Morgue," she says dourly. "I want to see one of the bodies of these magified humans. If I knew more about what was done about them, it'd help me figure out who might be doing it. This kind of magic isn't exactly common, even for you big people."

Tatter's day was always brightened by an afternoon...or midnight...jaunt to the local graveyard or mortuary.
"If you wish, I can certainly provide you with access." She says.

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri carefully pets the cat while attuning his senses to the arcane.

OOC: Are there any magical effects on the cat, second roll what are the effects of the magical warding we entered through

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=Vanri]It seems like the too-curious cat is magically linked to someone -- and not your host.

The wardings seem designed to prevent scrying and the like.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases