[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

drothgery

First Post
OOC: any restriction on the starting zone? How did we handle initiative? Everyone posts and you sort out/ first post acts first/ normal initiative rules?
OOC: No restriction on starting zone other than you have to be on the map, and someone has to be at one of the doors (the thin wall areas on the map).
I'm using Mal's rules for PBP combat, which means the DM rolls initiative (and I did), first round is PCs who beat the bad guys (in this case, everybody), then the bad guys, and then alternate between PCs and bad guys, and PCs can act in any order. Either you or Shay can act for Vanri, and have him act before or after your PC, but he can only act once per round.

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

Teclis starts with a loud fiery explosion in their enemies mids. Not waiting to see the result of his attack, he retreats into the cover behind some crates.

[sblock=OOC]

start at F3
Standard: Ignition on F12, enlarged to burst 2
Move: to D3, getting cover.

I have trouble to still believe that the random dice roller is really random... three times the same result :confused:
note that the attack also leaves a fire zone.

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Teclis Stormborn
Perception: 23 Insight: 23 Low-light Vision
AC 27 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 30
Initiative: +8
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: Lightning 10
Saving Throw: +2 vs slowed, immobilized, and restrained; +1 vs death
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Howling Zephyr, Ignition, Eldritch Strike
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation 4/4, Wind Burst, Lightning Shift, Fog Form, Bracers of Mental Might
Daily Powers: Zephyr Wings, Robe of Scintillation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry for delay...I was, and am, a little confused...are we charging in to attack? Or are the three guys coming out to attack us? I'll assume we're going on the offensive, since the GM hasn't mentioned anyone coming out yet. Also, it's a very bad idea for me to try to control Vanri. :))

Tatterdemalion flies towards the building, trying to stay out of sight, so she can peep in a window and see what the guys inside are doing.

(Assuming she can do this without interference, she moves to Column L, at whatever coordinate on the south side corresponds to a window.)

Inspiratorium

First Post
Vanri

Vanri takes his cue from Teclis' attack. He steps through the door, and uses a spell to trap one of his foes, before stepping into the group of enemies.

[sblock=Actions]
Starts at K10.
Standard: Unseen Gauntlet vs the wizard
Move: to G11
Minor: Places Aegis of Ensnarement on the archer. Archer is slowed.

Hopefully, you two can handle that swordsman. Also, I just realized both the leaders are in the other group. That could turn problematic.[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: it really was my intention for you all to start outside, but in the interest of moving things along...

"So do we go out after that pixie and her friends, or not?" The archer asks.
"I think so. If she wasn't with the Imperials that Dark Star brought in, I'd be shocked." The mage said. Tatterde knew quite well how scarce her kind were this far from the City of Portals.
"Well then let's get going before" The swordsman says, words halting as he sees Teclis and Vanri step into the room, too stunned to act.

The half-elf caused a firey explosion to envelop the three of them, then ducked behind some crates. Vanri stepped in the door, ensnared the wizard in a web of power, then charged uncaring into the zone of fire.

The swordsman, moving with unbelievable quickness, dashed behind the gate and flashed his blade at Teclis (move, then crippling strike vs Vanri; crippling strike vs FORT (1d20+14=22) but the sorcerer managed to evade the attack.

The mage planted her staff into the ground and green smoke rolled off it to the 'northeast' (Noxious shroud vs FORT; dmg (1d20+15=16, 3d6+6=18)), but Vanri avoided the worst of the effects.

The archer, though, stepped back and fired a fury of arrows at the swordmage that even he could not avoid (Punishing Shot vs AC (Vanri); dmg; furious assault (1d20+19=32, 3d10+10=28, 1d10=6).

[sblock=status]
wizard - some damage, immobilized
swordsman - some damage
archer - some damage, Aegis'd
Vanri - 72/106
[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• warehouseMap2.png
    warehouseMap2.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 191

Remove ads