[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

Teclis follows up with another thunderous fiery explosion that leaves the warehouse burning. The wizard is able to just dodge, but the archer is thrown back.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard: Ignition on F7 enlarged to burst 2
note that the attack also leaves a fire zone.
slide to G4

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Teclis Stormborn
Perception: 23 Insight: 23 Low-light Vision
AC 27 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 30
Initiative: +8
Hit Points: 81 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: Lightning 10
Saving Throw: +2 vs slowed, immobilized, and restrained; +1 vs death
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Howling Zephyr, Ignition, Eldritch Strike
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation 4/4, Wind Burst, Lightning Shift, Fog Form, Bracers of Mental Might
Daily Powers: Zephyr Wings, Robe of Scintillation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tatterdemalion waves her orb around...finally apparently happy as she's free to wreak mayhem.

"Rumble, rumble floor and wall,
Take a tumble, crack and fall!"

There's a sharp cracking noise, and a subsonic rumble as a tremor shoots through the ground. The wizard looks up to see stones and fragments of masonry tumbling down from the ceiling overhead straight towards him! With a panicked shout he scurries away...straight into the welcoming arms of the others!

The rocks turn out to be illusions, but the pain and panic are very real indeed.

(Phantom Bolt at wizard! Targets will with psychic damage, and slides him 3 squares towards the nearest melee-capable ally Tatter can see. Crit! Okay, as I recheck my sheet, I see I put the wrong figure in for damage. Oops! It should be 1d8+11...so the crit damage is 19, plus the dice roll for bonus damage so a total of 25.)

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Vanri takes a swing at the swordsman, then teleports away to step up to the wizard. Again.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Use the Drowmesh of Sudden Recovery's power. The ongoing damage ends, Vanri gains regeneration 10 until the end of the encounter. (ignore that saving throw)
Standard: Rejuvenating Strike vs Swordsman. 26 to AC. Swordsman takes 19 damage (that should be 2d8+8). Vanri spends a surge and regains 30 HP.
Free Action: Teleport to F11
Move: Move to E7, if I can without an OA. If not, E8.
Swordsman is still Aegis'd.[/sblock]

Teclis follows up with another thunderous fiery explosion that leaves the warehouse burning. The wizard is able to just dodge, but the archer is thrown back. She falls, unable to continue fighting.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Ignition on F7 enlarged to burst 2; Archer is hit
note that the attack also leaves a fire zone.
slide to G4[/sblock]

Tatterdemalion waves her orb around...finally apparently happy as she's free to wreak mayhem.

"Rumble, rumble floor and wall,
Take a tumble, crack and fall!"

There's a sharp cracking noise, and a subsonic rumble as a tremor shoots through the ground. The wizard looks up to see stones and fragments of masonry tumbling down from the ceiling overhead straight towards him her! With a panicked shout she scurries away...straight into the welcoming arms of the others!

The rocks turn out to be illusions, but the pain and panic are very real indeed.

[sblock=actions]Phantom Bolt at wizard! Targets will with psychic damage, and slides him her 3 squares towards the nearest melee-capable ally Tatter can see. (she's already in melee range of Vanri, so I'm leaving her there)

Crit! Okay, as I recheck my sheet, I see I put the wrong figure in for damage. Oops! It should be 1d8+11...so the crit damage is 19, plus the dice roll for bonus damage so a total of 25.[/sblock]

"I think, my friend, that it is time to withdraw." The wizard says, and heads to the door Tatterde is standing by.[sblock=Vanri]You can take an OA here if you want[/sblock]

The swordsman nods, and heads to the back door.

[sblock=status]Wizard - badly bloodied
S - bloodied
A - dying
Ts - 81/92
Td - 73/73
V - 47/106[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
GM: Vanri's attack hits, but is not sufficient to take her down.

Varni makes another cut in the mage as she runs for the door, but doesn't prevent her from making it there.

When the swordsman and the wizard open the doors to leave, though, they find obstacles in their plan to escape.
OOC: enter, Oscarl and Misaki; map looks fine in preview, but not showing up for me in the real post. Oddly, if I edit my post and save it, it looks okay.

attachment.php

Attachments

• warehouseMap5.png
    warehouseMap5.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
The swordsman opens the door to find a small woman in inky black leather armor with her dark hair tied up behind her.

"Going somewhere already?" Misaki mews at him seductively.

An shadow lowers across the swordsman face, like ethereal ink dripping on him. The shadow sinks in and hangs on him like an unseen feeling of dread.

Misaki vanishes in a puff of shadows as if she had been a balloon of black smoke that popped spreading and sinking to the ground in inky tendrils.
She reappears behind the swordsman standing in the warehouse.

"I just got here sweetie, stay and play a while"

She reaches out her hand and those same shadows reach out and grasp at the swordsman but fail to connect.

Misaki once again disapates in shadow and reforms where she had began just blocking the door. "Well, There's more than one way to hold you here."

OOC:
Strangely I can see the map on Tapatalk on my phone but not on the computer. You've got room for 2 characters on the map you could put 美咲's whole name ;)

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud; on swordsman
Move Action: Walk Through Shadow; teleport to E19
Std Action: Well of Shades; use shroud, vs Fort. Failed Shroud expended, Effect Teleport to A19

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the wizard opened the door, there was a bellowing roar. A man in black scale armor stood there, weapons ready in hand. A helm carved in the shape of a dragon's snout covered his face, but several of the people in the room could recognize his booming bass voice. "Not thinking of leaving, eh?"

Without waiting for an answer, he lashed out, both weapons twirling in complex patterns...

[sblock= OOC]
>Minor: Quarry wizard
>Standard: Shocking twister (ENC); Primary attack, net vs. AC= 39, presumed hit for 16 damage, target is slowed and marked Roll Lookup
; Secondary attack, short sword vs. AC= 32 (probable hit, for 18 damage and target is knocked prone, Roll Lookup ; tertiary attack (if secondary did hit), net vs. AC= 24 (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3747430/
>Move (as Minor): Off-hand diversion (ENC); short sword vs. AC= 26 (probably a miss, but if it hits 29 damage), Roll Lookup

So if 26 misses but 32 hits, 34 damage (to knock out) and wizard is marked, prone, and slowed until end of Oscarl's next turn. If 26 hits, 63 total damage and marked/prone/slowed.

[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
The wizard collapses at Oscarl's feet.

Misaki once again disapates in shadow and reforms where she had began just blocking the door. "Well, There's more than one way to hold you here."

Looking back when he hears his companion collapse to the ground, the swordsman considers his situation. "I think I'll take my chances with Imperial justice." He says, dropping his sword.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases