[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea Ripace

"As I understand it, this matter goes further back than that," Althaea offers, thinking back to what she'd learned from her investigations.

"I looked into the history of this town, and if I understand correctly, it would seem that Barrinsgate's roots are traced back to a ragtag bandit encampment, which Lady Daybringer helped to create this city from." The eladrin sighs. "It's not too difficult to imagine she might have gained some enemies during that time. This Lord Erinblad de Vast might just be one of them."

drothgery

First Post
After discussing your findings with each other and securing rooms at an inn, it was almost time for your engagement with Lady Daybringer.

A servant answers the door, and takes you inside.
GM: A servant leads you to a high-ceilinged, spacious drawing
room, decorated far more lavishly than the councilor’s office.
Gorgeous works of art hang from the walls, and sturdy sculptures
decorate other surfaces. The room has no windows. You
sense a frisson of arcane energy as you pass the threshold, a
sure sign of magical warding, and the servant quietly closes
the doors behind you.

Lady Stella occupies an antique divan, stroking a longhaired
white cat, but her tense face belies the apparent ease of
her posture. A number of comfortable chairs are drawn up in a
circle around her couch, some of which are occupied by cats of
various descriptions; other cats doze in various corners.
The noblewoman motions for you to sit. "Don’t worry about
dislodging my pets," she says. "There are many other comfortable
places for them." She scratches behind the ears of the cat
in her lap.

Shayuri

First Post
"Pssht," Tatterdemalion says to a cat as she flies up to the edge of the seat its perched on. "Shoo. Go away, this is my chair now."

The cat yawns and regards her with a flatly curious stare, then reaches out to bat her lightly with a paw. She recoils and darts at the feline...which masses a little more than she does...to try to shove it off. "Move!"

With a protesting yowl, the cat...either from irritation or lack of interest...suffers her futile attempt to push it only for a moment before batting at her again, then leaping down off the chair.

"Stupid cat," the pixie mutters, and sits down crosslegged in the warm spot that endured where it had been.

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

Teclis hushes the cat away, touching the animal only slightly. It jumps up startled and dashes away. Maybe he was still charged a bit...

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Teclis Stormborn
Perception: 23 Insight: 23 Low-light Vision
AC 27 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 30
Initiative: +8
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: Lightning 10
Saving Throw: +2 vs slowed, immobilized, and restrained; +1 vs death
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Howling Zephyr, Ignition, Eldritch Strike
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation 4/4, Wind Burst, Lightning Shift, Fog Form, Bracers of Mental Might
Daily Powers: Zephyr Wings, Robe of Scintillation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Lady Daybring flashes a quick smile at Tatterdemalion's efforts to extract a similarly-sized cat from where she would like to sit.

"I'd hoped, especially by cooperating with the Empire, that we would finally be able to bring a stable order to this city. Until recently, we were making progress." She says.

Shayuri

First Post
"But then one of the local gangs who isn't working with you got some magic help and started mass-producing thaumaturgically enhanced super-thugs to make a play for control?" Tatter asks, keeping a wary eye on the cat she'd displaced as it preens itself in the square of sunlight coming in through one of the windows behind the desk.

"You're not fooling me, cat. I know you're just waiting for me to look away," she mutters.

Soril

Sharing Tatterdemalion's dislike for felines, Soril stands behind the chair the pixie is sitting in. "When the Empire wants this city stabilized it will send its troops and enforce order...though it might not be the kind you like." Soril says. "Until then, I suppose you'll deal with us." His tone isn't exactly insulting her, but more making sure she understands how he sees her situation.

"Now that we're here, what did you want to talk about?"

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri gently life a cat from a share, stroking it gently on the head before sitting down up letting the feline settle on his lap.

"What Soril is trying to say is, a dagger can cut a scorpion's sting out of a wound with less trauma to the victim than a greatsword" The genasi says in a slightly more diplomatic tone of voice.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: FYI - you're back in skill-challenge mode
"I see you've been asking questions." She said. "As I said, my -- and the rest of the council's -- efforts to build something more than a bandit camp here had been making steady progress, especially since we arranged for the Empire to move in, until the series of incidents that led me to request your aid. Though they seem to be increasing the level of violence since I sent for you. I believe a handful of skilled investigators will be of more use than a batallion of Imperial troops in this. What I need from you is to find and with any luck capture whoever is behind this unrest."

Last edited:

Soril

"Do you have an idea of where the leaders of this rebellion might be living?" He asks. "If not that, then who are the people that are carrying out the attacks? Where do they stay? How you speak of them...makes it seem as though they are directing from the shadows." He smiles at her, showing his pointed teeth. "Fire has a way of clearing the rats from the building. Burn enough and the leaders will show their faces...either to fight or run away."

[sblock]Dragonborn investigation tactics aren't subtle, but they are effective. I suppose this might likely be an Intimidate check, not trying to cow her but instead show her that he's willing to do the dirty work.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases