[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri takes not of the cat's colouration and markings before letting it join it's brethren on the floor. Uncertain of whether to out the intruder and potential spy or using the information to the groups advantage by planting false information, he decides on the later.

drothgery

First Post
With the negotiations completed, Lady Daybringer brings you to another room for the promised meal.
[sblock=Vanri]the problematic cat does not follow[/sblock]While finishing desert, a messenger interrupts and speaks with Lady Daybringer. They step out of the room and confer for a few minutes, then return.

"It seems a watch patrol was ambushed, and killed to the last man. It seems things are escalating even faster now." She said.

Phaezen

First Post
"That is worrisome" The swordmage starts, "we shall proceed with our investigations as quickly as possible, but we still need to be thorough like windblown sand stripping a carcass."

"A question though milady, all that cats in the meeting room yours?"

Shayuri

First Post
Tatterdemalion narrows her eyes at the question and whirls to face him.

"What was with the cats anyway? You were obsessing over them. You were paying more attention to them than the lady. Or me. Or anyone."

Phaezen

First Post
Turning to his pixie companion Vanri starts "As adorable as you are Tatters, I sensed a subtle magic at work which grabbed my attention."

Vanri looked around making sure no-one could overhear his next remark.

"At least one is magically linked to another person, possibly a familiar, possibly a spy" The Genasi continues addressing Lady Bringer. "I considered outing it in the room, but knowing it is there may also prove advantageous."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"A familiar," Tatter repeats, taken aback. Then she narrows her eyes a little...something she does when thinking things over.

"You know...mages and familiars can't get too far apart, or the bond snaps the familiar back to its master. If the familiar is right there in that room, the master must be pretty close. We might be able to find him."

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea Ripace

Althaea pauses at the information. "That is... unfortunate news, should the familiar turn out to be a spy. A security breach like this would mean that whoever is behind these attacks would know a lot more than we think, though it might explain the ambush that waited for us when we arrived. Perhaps we could try tracking it back to its master?" She pauses and takes a sip of elven wine as she thinks; this one was quite a bit better than the last glass she'd had.

"In any case, we may wish to start our investigations with the active gangs. Is there anything that you, having had much more experience with these such matters than we have, know about the connections between the gangs that might help guide us in the right direction, Lady Daybringer?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases