[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Silas tapped his chin thoughtfully. Ah, yes. A classic, that one. But keep in mind why it works, my dear—range: A cat familiar is a beast with long range. Your watcher is not here. But.. The gnome thinks a moment, and smiles coldly. We can use this to our advantage. If the enemy has ears, let them hear what you want them to hear. Let us provide a false front, so they go to a place we are strong and they are week. He turns to the Lady. My Lady, can you suggest a place we can feed to our ears?

Soril

"Where did the ambush happen?" Soril says as wisps of smoke appear behind his back, his instinct to react to danger with violence kicking in. He pauses and wills the smoke to disappear and his hands relax, though he switches his rod to his left hand. "Never trusted the cats in the first place..." he says under his breath.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: The investigation is another psuedo-skill challenge. FYI, starting with the skill challenge I'm revising the skill DCs to the Rules Compendium values.
"In any case, we may wish to start our investigations with the active gangs. Is there anything that you, having had much more experience with these such matters than we have, know about the connections between the gangs that might help guide us in the right direction, Lady Daybringer?"
"I'm afraid my knowledge of them is sadly out of date." Lady Daybringer says.

My Lady, can you suggest a place we can feed to our ears?
"Although I think your suggestion a good one, nothing springs to mind as the proper bait for your trap." She says.

"Where did the ambush happen?"
"The attack took place in an area of the market district that borders on the riverfront. I can have someone show you there, if you wish. I believe control of the area's underworld is under some dispute, but as I said, my contacts are no longer what they were."

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea Ripace

"I see," Althaea intones, letting out a long sigh, "Well, we'll begin our investigations as soon as possible. Thank you for your audience, Lady Daybringer," she states with an air of finality.

OOC: So as I see it, we have a few leads to take:
1. The suspicious cat that Vanri found, either tailing or misleading it.
2. Investigate the market district where the ambush happened, find some clues maybe?
3. Ask around the gangs. The info from Teclis' streetwise has me slightly suspicious of the Bloody Knives.

Am I missing any?

drothgery

First Post
OOC: That's a pretty good summary. Which is to say that doing anything else risks dealing with what I think up rather than what's in the adventure ... :)

Shayuri

First Post
Tatterdemalion pokes her tongue out at Silas then says, "We don't have to try to lure it anywhere. I'll just ask the other cats where it lives."

She smirks and adds, "Or have a dog track it. One of the big ones."

drothgery

First Post
Tatterdemalion pokes her tongue out at Silas then says, "We don't have to try to lure it anywhere. I'll just ask the other cats where it lives."
"I suppose you would not suggest that without the ability to do it... I suspect it would work rather well, though cats can be a bit difficult to persuade." Lady Daybringer says.

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri grins "They can't be more difficult to persuade than pixies. I think we should investigate the ambush at the market first, just in case there is another lying in wait. It would be rude to make them wait too long."

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

"If we have to follow the cat, don't forget that I can also turn into one or into a bird." Teclis reminds the others.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Teclis Stormborn
Perception: 23 Insight: 23 Low-light Vision
AC 27 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 30
Initiative: +8
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: Lightning 10
Saving Throw: +2 vs slowed, immobilized, and restrained; +1 vs death
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Howling Zephyr, Ignition, Eldritch Strike
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation 4/4, Wind Burst, Lightning Shift, Fog Form, Bracers of Mental Might
Daily Powers: Zephyr Wings, Robe of Scintillation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases