[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri cradles his water and says "I have been attending my masters for the last while, but something has been disturbing our soothsayers recently and I am here to find out what. My guess is Silas may have heard something so I had hoped to find him here."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"I don't think you'll learn much more without taking a look for yourself. House Orien has a teleportation circle in Novaric; it's a few days ride from there to Barrinsgate."
Silas makes the perfunctory bow and dismisses himself, still idly in thought. Nothing to be done about it then but go there.

The gnome makes his way through the busy streets of the city. Eventually, he finds himself at the Three Note Inn. Entering casually, he is not particularly surprised to see most of 'the bunch' already there. He had sent word to a few, and suspected the others just "knew" in the way that they did. Did not matter; they were here now.

Smiling, the gnome pulls forth the note from the distant north (a replica already made for the Corps). Good tidings, all. It seems our reputation precedes us, even to distant Andarvic. Whose up for a voyage?

Shayuri

First Post
In the corner near the table everyone had gathered at, the shadows lengthened and darkened. A faint smell of mud and rotting plants wafted forth, and Tatterdemalion coalesced from the gloom.

It and she were well-matched. She was a pixie, standing no higher than a man's knee, but she was dressed in a black gown that hung in limp, torn shreds. It would have been indecent but for the gleam of black leather beneath; a cuirass and short skirt of polished jet armor that fit snugly enough for clothing to be draped over it. The skin of her face and arms and legs was deathly pale, though clear of blemish or fault. She was tainted by the circumstances of her 'birth,' but no pixie was ugly to behold.

Her hair was as predictably ebon-hued as her wardrobe choices, and tangled in a chaotic mess atop her head like a bramble. Her round, somehow childlike face had dark circles around her slightly luminous indigo eyes, giving her a certain unwholsome aspect...as if she had not slept, or was in bad health. Her wings were a swirl of dark violet and magenta, blurring as they silently beat the air behind her.

She fluttered up to the table and alit on top, plopping heavily (or as heavily as someone weighing just a handful of pounds could) down to sit on the edge with her legs hanging off the side.

With a sigh she said in a high-pitched voice that sounded like she barely had the energy to talk, "So. A meeting between adventurers in an inn. Original. Or is there a reason you're all clumping up in here?"

Then the morose little fairy glanced over her shoulder and made a rare almost-smile. "Also...nice to see you guys again."

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

... Good tidings, all. It seems our reputation precedes us, even to distant Andarvic. Whose up for a voyage?

"Greetings, Silas, you know I'm always up for a voyage, one of the small benefits of not having a permanent home. How will we travel? Lightning train? Airship? Or just teleporting around? Oh, and what is our task?"

With a sigh she said in a high-pitched voice that sounded like she barely had the energy to talk, "So. A meeting between adventurers in an inn. Original. Or is there a reason you're all clumping up in here?"

Then the morose little fairy glanced over her shoulder and made a rare almost-smile. "Also...nice to see you guys again."
"Greetings, Tatti, nice to see you as joyful and optimistic as ever." Teclis says with a wink, as he makes an old private joke, but it isn't clear if anyone besides him think its funny.

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri smiles at the pixie's predictably dramatic entrance "Good to see you to Tatterdemalion, as always my offer of a home in the desert stands, the sun would do you some good"

Turning to the bard and speaking to the group in general "Silas, good to see you, although I am not surprised to see you nose has ferreted out some trouble that needs to be looked at. So Andarvic is our destination? Who we meeting there and more importantly, why?"

stonegod

Silas rolls his eyes in a good nature way, and taps the paper he placed before him. I hope your travels haven't removed you ability to read, my friend.
note said:
To the brave and honorable company of adventurers
from the Lady Stella Daybringer, countess of Barrinsgate, greetings.

As a councilor of Barrinsgate’s Circle of Peers, I have the responsibility for security in this frontier city. In recent weeks, the city watch has come under increasingly violent attacks, and crime on the whole has increased. These assaults seem calculated to weaken both the rule of law in Barrinsgate and my own authority on the council.

Word of your bold exploits has come to my ears. I am in need of proven investigators to act as my agents in this matter. I invite you to meet with me in private to discuss this assignment and negotiate terms of employment. I assure you that you will be paid most handsomely for your efforts.

This matter is of the utmost urgency. My messenger has been instructed to await a response. In the name of peace, I trust that you will accept this invitation.
Silas adopts his thinking position a moment. We will be using Orien's services to Novaric and then need transport to Barrinsgate. Then, Lady Daybringer. Apparently thinks herself the largest of the small that run that town. But, its part of the Empire, so deserves its protection.

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea nods at Soril, "I'll be around, should you need me," before downing the rest of her glass and setting it aside.

As the pixie and the gnome enter the inn, Althaea greets them both with that same smile and nod that she'd given the rest of the group. "I was wondering when you two would show up. Good to see you both, Silas, Tatterdee," she states with her characteristic cool and professional tone.

As Silas presents the letter, she gives it a look over. "And here I thought you called us all here because you missed us," Althaea states in a joking tone. "In all seriousness though, I don't suppose you've heard of this Lady Stella Daybringer before, Silas? I'm not familiar with the name." She was generally knowledgeable about the nobility of the surrounding areas, and the fact that this name of an apparently important figure had eluded her attention made her a bit curious. It was always nice to keep up to date on the state of things.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: The Empire's foothold in the continent of Andarvic is relatively new, and in comparison to Kelistin, Barrinsgate is barely a large-ish frontier town. It's not surprising you don't have much information about the powers that be there.

stonegod

Silas shrugs as he takes a seat, signaling that he does not need a drink to the attentive waitstaff. As I said, their contributions to the Empire are little more than their land, so our knowledge of them is little. Probably due a visit from the Auditors in any case. I would not deign say they had your status, Althaea.

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

"Alright, I'm in. New places mean new wisdom and knowledge... and you already know that I like to travel.
'Investigation' also sounds like a change of pace. Usually I'm just blasting and destroying... opposition."
Teclis says grinning.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases