[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea nods in agreement. "It should be a welcome opportunity to make some connections. I'm all for this. Although," she looks at Teclis with a grin, "I wouldn't rule out the blasting and destroying bit, considering our track record."

Soril

Raising his taloned hand in greeting, Soril reads over the letter. "Your Empire, perhaps. Not mine." He says with a smile, something that's always just a little not right, coming from something that more than half resembles a dragons maw. "Still, I would see this land. What's the weather like there, and how fast can your ships fly?"

drothgery

First Post
OOC: The area around Novaric and Barrinsgate is pretty New England-ish; it would be somewhat colder if not for a pronounced ocean effect. Barrinsgate is in the foothills of the mountains that cover much of Andarvic, and it of course gets much cooler in the mountains. It's currently late spring.

A Lyrandar airship will fly 30 miles a hour, but you'd need to charter one to go to Barrinsgate, and that would be expensive even for characters of your level.

Getting to Barrinsgate - since none of you are aware of a teleportation circle in Barrinsgate, and it's not on any major commercial route, going directly there would be very expensive (you'd need to charter a ship or airship). On the other hand, as the imperial regional capital, there is commercial traffic to Novaric.

Code:
[B]to Novaric from Kelistin[/B]
[I]service              price           time[/I]
House Lyrandar airship  75gp/person     ~3 days
House Lyrandar galleon  15gp/person     ~10 days
House Orien teleport    50gp            instant

[B]from Novaric to Barrinsgate[/B]
[I]service              price           time[/I]
House Orien coach       1gp/person      ~4 days
airship (chartered)     500gp           ~1/2 day
standard sailing ship   2gp/person     ~2 days

(note: purchase price for horses; if you wanted to keep 
        the horses when you left Andarvic, you could not 
        teleport; assuming horses are healthy, you can 
        resell them for 80% of purchase price in 
        Barrinsgate or Novaric)
normal horse            75gp            ~4 days
magebred horse*         360gp           ~3 days

* use stats for Valenar riding horse

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tatterdemalion endured the little jabs of her once and future companions with what was either apathy or stoicism...it was hard to tell which with her. She sighed as the plan unfolded.

"This means we're going to sail to Barringate," she groaned. "I hate ships. Why don't they have a circle there?"

There was, of course, a full set of thick leatherbound tomes of things she hated. Or had been, until some wily...and vengeful...pyro-mage had set fire elementals into her little hut in the swamp.

She hated fire elementals too.

Before anyone could explain to her Barringate's po-dunk status, she raised a forestalling hand and said, "It was a rhetorical question. So. Orien circle, then Novaric, then Barringate. On a ship. Will there be children on the ship?"

Children? Yes, them too.

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri hid his grin behind his hand as the pixie ranted. "little one we could always go by horseback, or walk, if going by ship would erk you so? It has the advantages of little kids not pulling your wings"

The genasi turns to his companions looking a little embarrassed as he continues "As it happens in the rush to leave I forgot to bring my money pouch, would anyone be able to lend me some coin?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vanri hid his grin behind his hand as the pixie ranted. "little one we could always go by horseback, or walk, if going by ship would erk you so? It has the advantages of little kids not pulling your wings"

The genasi turns to his companions looking a little embarrassed as he continues "As it happens in the rush to leave I forgot to bring my money pouch, would anyone be able to lend me some coin?"
Silas flashes a smile. You know my friends are well taken care of so long as you are here. You drinks are gratis. He takes out a leather bound book and makes a quick note about something. Orien all the way seems the appropriate way to go. The costs are trivial.
OOC: We're 13th level characters. Unless you spent your massive wealth down to the last coin, 56gp (total, or 9gp, 4sp separate) isn't going to break the bank. I hope. ;) As for food and drink, they're free with me.

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea Ripace

The eladrin smirks at Tatterdemalion's laconic tirade. Oh how she'd missed this little ball of joy and light. "I'd prefer that we'd take the Orien circle to Novaric and the sailing ship to Barrinsgate, if there are no objections from the rest of you," the statement seems addressed towards one specific pixie, "Lady Daybringer said this was a matter of urgency, and I'd prefer not to arrive too late."

Althaea picks up the note and gives it a quick perusal, pointing out the phrase towards the end. "It should just about halve our travel time for only one gold more from all of us. I could cover the cost myself, if need be." She hadn't brought along an enormous sum of money, but it was enough to get along quite comfortably.
OOC: To be honest, Althaea's offering because I don't like keeping track of silver :p

drothgery

First Post
OOC: To be honest, I'm not going to pay close attention to minor expenses. Not mentioned on the chart - if our grumpy pixie were to acquire the Shadow Walk ritual -- admittedly somewhat expensive, but from then on she could it use it once a day for free thanks to her dragonmark -- you could walk from Novaric to Barrinsgate in about a day and a half.

Soril

"If that is the fastest, and least troublesome..." He says, pausing to glance at the pixie with a half-smile. "...then we should go that route." The smile changes to a frown and he glances over his shoulder at the room. "Truthfully, though I like this city, I'm not eager to stay overlong. Something always seems to happen, not always pleasant."

[sblock]I've got 1pp and 60 gold left from the starting money, so that should help.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases