[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

drothgery

First Post
OOC: some terrain features ended up being really hard to place when I tried to build an Excel map out of blocks, so I tried putting the map from the adventure as the background in Excel...

The gang members seem unmoved by Vanri's attempt to negotiate.

attachment.php

Attachments

• shanty_town_ambush_1.jpg
    shanty_town_ambush_1.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 146

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Q19 for Silas looks good.
OOC: Depending on whether you're referencing the newest map or the previous kind-of blocky one, Soril and Vanri are at Q19 and Q20 or Q18 and Q19 (I didn't quite get them to line up perfectly). I have Silas at S19 on the latest map; he could also be at T18, R19, or sharing a square with the pixie at S18.

Also, Vanri gave you sufficient warning that no one is surprised; actions for everyone but Tatterdemalion and Vanri please.

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea snaps to alertness at Teclis' alert, noticing the advancing thugs with a sort of cool detachment. "Vanri, looks like they aren't going for it. You'd best make your way forward," she notes as she draws and loads her crossbow, pointing it towards the closest assailant. "Somebody take care of him."

[sblock=actions]Minor: Draw Crossbow, free action load
Move Action: Knight's Move on Vanri: make a move action as a free action.
Standard Action: Direct the Strike on the Thug at K17. If Vanri ends his free move next to the thug, he gets the attack. Otherwise, Teclis gets the attack.[/sblock] [sblock=Ministats]Althaea Ripace - Eladrin Warlord
HP: 83/83
Surges: 7/7
AC: 27
Fort: 27
Reflex: 25
Will: 25
Action Points: 1
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 17
Powers:
Direct the Strike
Paint the Bullseye
Inspiring Word (3/3)
Noble Presence
[Fey Step]
Knight’s Move
Favored Fortune
Death from Two Sides
Deadly Distraction
On My Mark
Lady Luck Smiles
Create a Target
Create Opportunity
Warlord’s Recovery
Stirring Speech
Strength of Conviction[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Vanri needs no further motivation as he springs forward towards the closest foe. The elementa smiles at the thugs as his blade flashes towards him "You should have talked, now I claim your water"

OOC:
I am assuming tents are difficult terrain

Move to K16, basic attack (+19vs AC 1d8+8 damage) against the thug

Walking Dad

First Post
Teclis Stormborn

Teclis grins as he summons his powers, summoning a fiery thunderclap that causes burning explosion among the tents far away. Three attackers fall down, charred by flames and struck by thunder. A big area was still burning. This was the sleeping power in Teclis that always fights to be released. The thunder released, the lightning will follow shortly.

[sblock=OOC]

standard: Ignition burst 2 on L8
no attack roll above 7 :(
but: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the start of your next turn. Any creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 5 fire damage.
A creature can take this damage only once per turn.

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Teclis Stormborn
Perception: 23 Insight: 23 Low-light Vision
AC 27 Fortitude 27 Reflex 24 Will 30
Initiative: +8
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: Lightning 10
Saving Throw: +2 vs slowed, immobilized, and restrained; +1 vs death
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Howling Zephyr, Ignition, Eldritch Strike
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation 4/4, Wind Burst, Lightning Shift, Fog Form, Bracers of Mental Might
Daily Powers: Zephyr Wings, Robe of Scintillation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Soril

Walking down the gangway, Soril has his heavy rod in his left hand, tapping it against his knee. He stops at the bottom and scowls in disgust at the shantytown before them. "How can humans live like this?" He says, distracted by the squalid conditions, not noticing the thugs coming out of the tents. His allies warnings catch him off guard and he scowls harder. "You're ambushing us?" He asks the thugs, disbelief in his voice.

He glances at Teclis and smiles, showing all his teeth. "You fight your way, I fight mine." He says and begins strolling along the muddy walkway. Using his rod as a swagger stick, not even bothering to summon his sword of fire and iron, he knocks at tent poles and shoos people out of his way, stopping before one of the thugs. "This was a really bad idea...on your part." He says and then his jaw unhinges and liquid fire pours out over the men standing behind the thug.

[sblock]Move to J14. Move to E13. Dragon Breath (close bast 3) on squares 14(B,C,D), 15(B,C,D), & 16(B,C,D). If anyone dies, I'll have additional actions.

Dragon Breath
[dice]1d20+18[/dice] vs Reflex (Gangster at 14B)
[dice]1d20+18[/dice] vs Reflex (Leader at 15C)
[dice]1d20+18[/dice] vs Reflex (Thug at 16C)

Damage
[dice]2d6+14[/roll] fire damage and one target hit will take Ongoing 5 Fire damage. If the Leader is hit, he'll take it. If I miss him, the Gangster will take the ongoing.[/sblock]

Statblock
[sblock]Soril Asyaxalyn, Dragonborn Hexblade
HP 93/93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 28 Surges 10/10
AC 28 Fort 27 Ref 23 Will 28

Initiative +7
Passive Insight 22
Passive Perception 17

Eldritch Bolt, Unraveling Strike, Warding Chaos

Elemental Wrath x2, Dragon Breath, Killing Flames, Draconic Sidestep, Disciplined Counter, Wrathful Aspect, Iron Aspect of Dispater, Snap Out of It

Flames of Phlegethos, Avernian Eruption, Lesser Planar Ally, Summon Warlock's Ally[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases