[4e] drothgery's arcane game - Clash of Steel

Phaezen

First Post
OOC:
Just narrating the follow up to Vanri's attack, move to G13 and mark G1

Vanri's magically enhanced blow sheers through the thugs feeble attempt to block it, his blade slicing deep into his torso.

Before the body has hit the ground the genasi turns and advances on the leader and his two guards, pointing at one of the guards "You, you're next", magic flows from Vanri surrounding the guard in a net, ready to ensanre him if he attempts to attack one of the swordmage's allies.

OOC:
Aegis of Ensnarement

You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target. If you mark another creature using other powers, the target is still marked.
Until the mark ends, if the target makes any at tack that does not include you as a target, it takes a -2 penalty to the attack roll.
If a target marked by this power is within 10 squares of you when it hits with an attack that does not include you as a target, you can use an immediate reaction after the target’s entire attack is resolved to teleport the target to any space adjacent to you. In addition, the target grants combat advantage to all creatures until the end of your next turn. If no unoccupied space exists adjacent to you, you can’t use this immediate reaction, and the target doesn’t grant combat advantage as a result of this effect.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Silas keep a vigilant eye on the battlefield, as as the first gangster attempted to gang up on the dragonborn, the gnome shouted, Soril, right! The warlock acted instinctively, and cut at the thug with his chaotic blade, striking extremely hard as the other attacked.

Silas moved to get a better view of the fray, and, after studying the leader for a moment, hurled at her an insult for infuriating it cannot be printed here. The goaded thug might leave herself open now...
OOC: [MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION]: I guess Soril (as a melee type) should count for Silas' Prescient Warning I listed in the Off-turn Action's block: I'll fire it now: When G1 hits, Soril gets an MBA vs it as an interrupt (Silas' interrupt, not Soril's): Crit, 49 fire damage, and it gains vulnerable 3 fire (so it takes extra damage from any fire attacks that happened after G1 attacked). If G1 drops, Soril takes no damage from its attack as this was an interrupt (and others don't get flanking bonuses from G1. Hope you don't mind I borrowed your character for the MBA, [MENTION=6681261]Knowledge Checks[/MENTION] (and let me know if I missed any effects on crits).

Move to I12, use Foolhearty Fighting on the Leader: Will 24, 14 psychic dmg, and any attacks the target makes provokes OAs and the target takes a -6 penalty to all attacks (-8 on its first roll). If that hits, it'd be good for our melee types to get adjacent.
[sblock=Off-turn Actions]Sorted in order of importance:
- Coif of Mindiron: (Immediate Interrupt) If Silas would be dazed by an attack that target's will, he is not dazed.
- Bardic Cunning: (Free) 1/r when an enemy misses an ally w/in 11 squares, Silas may slide the ally 2 squares and slide the enemy into that space. In addition, an ally gains CA vs that enemy on its next attack.
- Fade Away: (Immediate Reaction) When damaged by a attack, Silas may turn invisible UENT.
- Prescient Warning: (Immediate Interrupt) If any ally w/in 10 is hit, the ally can make an MBA vs the target with a bonus 1d8 damage. Best used on beefy melee types.
[/sblock][sblock=Silas]Silas—Male Gnome Scholar Bard (Wizard) Cunning Prevaricator 13
Initiative: +10; Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light
HP: 84/84, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 8/8
AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 27, Will: 27
+5 saves vs illusions
Speed: 5
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

Staggering Note
Vicious Mockery

Foolhardy Fighting
Lying Lights
Prescient Warning
Hypnotism

Blunder

Counterpoint
Song of Discord
Stirring Shout

Majestic Word
Revitalizing Incarnation
Trickery's Reward
Fade Away
Moment of Escape
Use Vulnerability
Ghost Sound
Words of Friendship

Defensive Lore
Coif of Mindiron (Encounter)
Gloves of the Healer (Daily)
Timeless Locket +3 (Daily)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea Ripace (83/83)

Althaea moves next to Silas to get a better view of the situation. With a quick scan of the skirmish, she issues another command. "Vanri, move to engage their commander!" the eladrin yells over the clamor of battle, before sending a crossbow bolt through the roughly made buildings towards her. The shot goes wide, but it's enough to distract her from the genasi's advance.

[sblock=actions]Move Action: Move to O16
Standard Action: On my Mark on Leader (D14). The numbers are assuming she has cover. Vanri can shift 4 squares and make an MBA against her. (something about getting the melee types adjacent?)[/sblock] [sblock=Ministats]Althaea Ripace - Eladrin Warlord
HP: 83/83
Surges: 7/7
AC: 27
Fort: 27
Reflex: 25
Will: 25
Action Points: 1
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 17
Powers:
Direct the Strike
Paint the Bullseye
Inspiring Word (3/3)
Noble Presence
[Fey Step]
Knight’s Move
Favored Fortune
Death from Two Sides
Deadly Distraction
On My Mark
Lady Luck Smiles
Create a Target
Create Opportunity
Warlord’s Recovery
Stirring Speech
Strength of Conviction[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
At Althaea's urging, Vanri uses the chaos of general mellee to slip up to the comander, introducing himself with a studied lunge to size up the brigand's skill

OOC:
Shift to D15, MBA +19 vs AC ad8+8 damage

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Recaping the actions that happened while I was working...
Phaezen - since G2 was within two squares and G1 wasn't, I'm assuming you marked him instead.
G1 goes down with Silas' interrupt.
Silas' attack hits the leader.
Both Althaea's attack and Vanri's granted MBA miss.

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] , [MENTION=6681261]Knowledge Checks[/MENTION] - I still need Tattarde's action (she does get at least one turn this fight...) and Soril's regular turn

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Oops, my bad then. Shan't let it happen again.)

Tatterdemalion watches the carnage with a look of boredom on her teeny face. Even so, the last two ruffians seem like they have a bit of steel to them. What a pain.

Finally she decides it seems like she ought to help.

She hums a mournful little tune, and flies up to just over head height before singing the song properly. Her voice is high and clear and rather beautiful, but the song is in minor keys and for those who understand Sylvan, about isolation and loss.

As Tattter sings, dark shadows writhe and gather around her, spinning and hissing. They then stream out to the bandits who still stand and coalesce into a singularity; a single point of concentrated lack of light. Abruptly a critical mass is reached, and it soundlessly explodes into a giant blossom of nearly impenetrable darkness that engulfs the footpads and a sizable portion of the alley!

The pixie flutters back down after the spell to hide behind the obliging legs of a friend.

(Move into nearest PC's space and cast Dark Gathering. Burst 2 hopefully catches both of the targets. If not, modify my damage roll with -2 and increase to Burst 3. Effect centered on the Leader to try to blind him...if that means I can still hit both. Otherwise I'll center it between them to catch them in the effect. The spell Dazes targets it hits until the end of my next turn, and blinds whichever foe is in the center of the area when it goes off. Targets also take -2 to hit on their next attack (psychic lock) and treat all my allies as having partial concealment for a turn (Nethermancy school class ability). Oh, and it creates a zone of the same size as the burst effect that is heavily obscured to all enemies that lasts until the end of my next turn. Hehe...lots to keep up with.)

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Remember, Mal's rules, so it's people who beat the bad guys' initiative in any order (already went), then the bad guys (already went), and then the PCs in any order

Soril

As the dragoborn's fiery blade cuts cleanly through the gangster Soril glances over at the scarred woman. "The difference between your allies and mine..." He says as advances towards her, the gangsters blood boiling on the sword. "...is that mine are good, and yours...well." He nods towards her fallen thugs and flames erupt from the sword to cover his body in a fiery nimbus. He smiles and then lunges forward, trying to catch her off-balance.

[sblock]Move action to 14C (or wherever is adjacent to her).
Minor action to use Wrathful Aspect.
Standard action to use Unraveling Strike.

Wrathful Aspect: Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain a +5 power bonus to Intimidate checks, and any creature that hits you with a melee attack takes 5 fire damage (+3 Fire damage from her Vulnerability).

Unraveling Strike: Hit: 2d4+23 fire damage and the target gains vulnerable 3 fire until EONT.

White Raven Riposte: When an enemy you hit with an arcane at-will attack power attacks you before the start of your next turn, that enemy takes damage (of the same type the attack power deals) equal to the ability modifier to the attack power’s damage. (5 Fire Damage, +3 Fire from her Vulnerability)

White Raven Riposte Master: If you hit an enemy with an arcane at-will attack power and the enemy then attacks you before the start of your next turn, you can use an immediate reaction to repeat the at-will attack against that enemy alone, but only if the enemy is not marked by you.

Statblock
[sblock]Soril Asyaxalyn, Dragonborn Hexblade
HP 79/93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 28 Surges 10/10
AC 28 Fort 27 Ref 23 Will 28
Temp HP

Initiative +7
Passive Insight 22
Passive Perception 17

Eldritch Bolt, Unraveling Strike, Warding Chaos

Elemental Wrath x2, Dragon Breath, Killing Flames, Draconic Sidestep, Disciplined Counter, Wrathful Aspect, Iron Aspect of Dispater, Snap Out of It

Flames of Phlegethos, Avernian Eruption, Lesser Planar Ally, Summon Warlock's Ally[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"You seem to have won the day," She admits, breaking off and disappearing into the warrens of the shanty town. Her remaining underling breaks off and withdraws in the opposite direction, though he doesn't get very far.
OOC: though both bad guys are off the map; both are bloodied

Inspiratorium

First Post
Althaea Ripace

The eladrin levels her crossbow at the fleeing leader, frowns at the number of tents and potential casualties in the way, then shifts her aim towards the ambusher's fleeing lackey. With a loud and clear voice, she yells a threat towards him. "I would stop right there, if I were you," she intones, ready to fire should the gangster ignore her warning.
[sblock=actions]If we're still using these...
Move Action: Move 5 squares closer to the fleeing gangster
Standard Action: Ready an action: Use "Lady Luck Smiles" should the gangster continue running, declaring damage as non-lethal. (I'd implore the rest of you to do the same should it come to that) If it hits, whenever an ally within 5 squares makes a melee or ranged attack roll against the target, they can roll twice and use either result.

The rolls are an intimidate check, should you need it, and I'm pre-rolling the attack to speed things up if the gangster triggers it, if that's okay. EDIT: I can treat the damage dice (both of them) as having rolled 3s because of the PP feature "Know Your Strength," so the damage is actually 16.[/sblock] [sblock=Ministats]Althaea Ripace - Eladrin Warlord
HP: 83/83
Surges: 7/7
AC: 27
Fort: 27
Reflex: 25
Will: 25
Action Points: 1
Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 17
Powers:
Direct the Strike
Paint the Bullseye
Inspiring Word (3/3)
Noble Presence
[Fey Step]
Knight’s Move
Favored Fortune
Death from Two Sides
Deadly Distraction
On My Mark
?Lady Luck Smiles?
Create a Target
Create Opportunity
Warlord’s Recovery
Stirring Speech
Strength of Conviction[/sblock]

EDIT: Add +2 to the attack roll for CA, since the gangster is still dazed, and the damage is actually 16 because of "Know Your Strength"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases