CR 1/7 - A monster-a-week project

SnowleopardVK

First Post
Hey there. Since I can't put a link in my signature, I figured I'd best do this here, where it's relevant. For those interested I've started working on a Pathfinder "Monster a week" fan blog, posting up my creations for display, and for use by fellow GMs:

CR 1/7 (A Pathfinder monster-a-week fan blog)

As of now there are no truly unique monsters, nor are there plans for any in the future (again, as of now). Rather, these are monsters from the bestiaries that I've played around with, adding templates, class levels, or both to them, and statting them up for fun and ease of use (and for personal practice in doing so).

Since this is the first week of the blog, I posted up two monsters rather than the standard one per week that will be the future schedule (I also have about a dozen monsters stockpiled already so-as to avoid falling behind the schedule). I plan to run through all manner of CRs with these monsters, ranging from simple weak enemies to powerful encounters in the range of CR 20 and beyond. To reflect that intention, the first two monsters presented are a CR 4 Azer Fighter 2, and a CR 15 Fey Froghemoth, both vastly different in terms of power.

Comments are definitely welcome, both here and on the blog itself. A new monster will be posted every Friday.

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
Nice. I remember the fun of adding templates back in 3.5. I once made a 1st-level Goblin Rogue that ended up being a CR 67 monster because I just kept piling templates on top, whether they were allowed or not.

I read the first two entries and I liked them a lot. Can't wait to see more!

SnowleopardVK

First Post
Glad you enjoy it.

For today's update, I decided to make a spellcaster. CR 6, so it's between the first two monsters in difficulty, though far closer to the weaker end of the scale.

SnowleopardVK

First Post
The blog has been updated with a fairly high CR monster today (as part of my cunning plan to stick to the low to mid-level CRs for a few weeks following this).

I only realized as I was posting it up that I'd posted two oracles (albeit vastly different ones) in a row. I'll likely be staying away from divine characters for the next few weeks because of it.

Next week's monster will be a CR 9. I hope people look forward to it, and as always, I hope you enjoy CR 1/7.

SnowleopardVK

First Post
There's another update up, this time a CR 8 beastie using the Souldrinker prestige class, which I was dying to try out.

Hope you all enjoy.

SnowleopardVK

First Post
The update that was supposed to come yesterday was delayed by construction knocking out my electricity. Sorry about that.

Today's update is a dragon, and the toughest monster I've posted up so far.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases