D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 188
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore treex

    [Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)

    Rift in a Bag

    A short adventure I cooked up to venture into DM territory, it is an adventure for 6 adventurers from levels 4~6.

    Cast:
    1. Lilli: Level 5 Gnome @Neil1889
    2. Malakai: Level 3 Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) @CrimsonFlameWielder
    3. Artemis Hark: Level 5 Human Hexblade Warlock @FourMonos
    4. Dina: Level 6 Deva Artificer-Warlord @Son_of_Meepo
    5. Nathantiel Xiloscient: Level 6 Elf Druid (Protector) @Walking Dad
    6. Lerrick: Level 6 Half-Elf Cleric

    Niks and Knax stand side by side, idly waiting by. The master crafter occasionally shoots a venomous look at his apprentice, which makes the poor guy flinch a little. Soon, Niks starts pacing as people who heeded his call start shuffling in.

    In the room there is a large table, with about a dozen chairs around it. There is what appears to be two jugs filled with a creamy golden liquid and several miniature tankards sitting on the table.

    Also, the pacing Niks appears to be muttering under his breathe, but you can only hear snippets of his mumbled grumblings "...too ambitious for his own go-...danger to him and ever-...I'll admit I see his point of view but..."

    Rules
    None of you are strangers to L4W so I'll keep it brief.
    Post Frequency: 1 post/day is optimal, however I'll wait up to 48 hours before DMing and moving. A notice before a long period of absence is expected.

    Rolls: As usual, Invisible Castle, with a clear description of the roll.

    Stat Blocks: Posting stat blocks on every post throughout an encounter can be pretty overkill. Stat blocks are only mandatory if you've used any non-renewable resource that turn (e.g.: encounters/dailies/action points/surges)

    Highlighting keypoints: If possible, have a small section of a summary of what happened during your turn and point out any riders your attacks may have carried that turn (push/pulls/slides, dazed/stun, etc)

    Treasure: I'll go through your wishlists later and see what would be appropriate.

    Malenkirk Rules: Malenkirk rules apply. DM Posts during combat will include:
    -Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

    -Map in the form of a grid with Battleship style coordinates

    -Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use.


    OOC
    It's a hard choice for me to make and I'd rather take everyone I can if I were adequately skilled, currently as a fair DM, I should have to lean towards Lerrick and have Malakai bump herself up to Level 4. But personally I want to see interaction between Malakai and her DM'd adventurers. *sigh*
    Last edited by treex; Sunday, 10th June, 2012 at 03:05 AM.
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Dina moves to one of the chairs and takes a seat, drawing her knees up into her chest. She watches the two pacing in front of her, observing their every move.

    As others file in, she observes them in turn.

    OOC: Dina level 6 artificer|warlord reporting.

    It looks like Artemis has the best MBA for Dina to take advantage of, but Destructive Surprise is going to be dicey.


    Dina's Stats
    Dina - Deva Artificer|Warlord 6
    Passive Perception 17, Passive Insight 17
    AC 21, Fort 15, Reflex 19, Will 22
    HP 49/49, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12, Surges 7/7
    Speed 6, Initiative +11
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
    At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon, Commander's Strike
    Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [], Shocking Feedback [], Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [], Use Vulnerability [], Curative Admixture [], Inspiring Word [], Adaptive Stratagem [], Animate Helper [], Bold Victory Armor []
    Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [], Destructive Surprise [], Philosopher's Crown [], Power Jewel []
    Last edited by Son of Meepo; Sunday, 13th May, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

  • #3
    Artemis holds the door open for Lilli. The human holding the door moves in a manner best described as protective of the diminutive mage. The tall good looking human wears a white wolf skin cloak over his chain armor. His only weapon is the heavy, scarred iron rod that hangs from his belt.

    mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 5
    Status:
    Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16

    AC 21 (20): For: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 20
    Resist 5 cold

    HP: 42/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 5 squares,
    Languages: Common, Primordial

    Action Point: 1

    Second Wind: unused

    Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
    Wield the Warp 1 2, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
    Confusion of the Cosmos, Shard of Darkness, Inspiring Word, Frostwolf Pelt, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally
    Last edited by FourMonos; Saturday, 12th May, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

  • #4
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by treex View Post

    OOC
    It's a hard choice for me to make and I'd rather take everyone I can if I were adequately skilled, currently as a fair DM, I should have to lean towards Lerrick and have Malakai bump herself up to Level 4. But personally I want to see interaction between Malakai and her DM'd adventurers. *sigh*
    ooc

    Just verifying whether or not Lerrick is in or not. I'm getting the drift from this message that she's out. Just want to make sure. thanks
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #5
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore treex
    Being fair
    At this point the best thing would be to have Lerrick in. TCO would be a strain on the team :<
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #6
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    862
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli enters through the door held open by Artemis carrying a bundle of books in front of her, a ghostly, bristly green spider clinging to her back. She deposits these on an empty chair and gives them a pat, "We'll have to drop these off before we go anywhere, won't we Lotte?" The spider suddenly scoots around to the diminuative woman's front and gives what may be an affirmative chirp.
    Last edited by Neil1889; Sunday, 13th May, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Malakai enters the room slightly behind Lilli and notices the mage speaking with a spider.

    Giving a "hmph" under his breath, he finds one of the empty chairs at the table and takes a seat. Noticing that there were a few empty chairs still, he wondered just how dangerous this task was going to be. He hoped it leaned toward "very". If there was anything that his experience taught him it was that dicey situations allowed for a greater flexibility in what was considered allowable actions. In short, the more dangerous the situation was, the more likely Malakai would be able to get away with doing whatever it was that he wanted to do...as long as the task he was assigned to do got completed, anyway.

    With a slight flourish, Malakai swept his cloak out behind him and the black fabric of his robe rippled in multiple hues. He looked around the table at each of the members who had bothered to show up for this task (whatever it was going to be), trying to determine who of them was going to be the most likely to get on his nerves...or get in his way. After a few minutes he decided that he just wasn't sure about that yet, and decided to try to get the ball rolling.

    "So what is this about, Niks? And let's start off with the important bits: Just how dangerous is this task going to be, how much are you willing to shill out for it, and do you care how we get this task done, or are you just looking for results?"

    Malakai's Stats
    Malakai - Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) 3
    Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11
    AC 16, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 19
    HP 40/40, Bloodied 20, Surge Value 10, Surges 10/10
    Speed 6, Initiative +1
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Ignition
    Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation (Fire) 2/2, Hellfire Heart, Infernal Wrath, Shield of Flames
    Item Powers: Chromatic Robe Power (Encounter)

  • #8
    Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 6)

    Nate follows a motley group of adventurers through the door...
    For now he keeps to the background, letting the other ask their question first.

    OOC: I'm here, sorry for the short post, will expand on it later, or follow up on it. Thanks for letting me play in this!


    OOC

    My third character, has enough XP, but not yet approved for 7th level, playing as 6th level character

    moving to this adventure:
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-...eex-judge.html

    Quick Sheet

    Nathantiel Xiloscient
    Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
    Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
    Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:-
    Saving Throw: -
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 0.0
    Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
    Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), Summoner's Staff

    Condition:

    Berry Sheet

    Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
    AC 22 Fortitude 20 Reflex 20 Will 20
    Initiative: +7
    Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
    Temporary Hit Points: -

    Conditions:
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #9
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore treex
    OOC: Can you please level up Malakai to Level 4? Oh, and DM post coming up soon.
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #10
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore treex
    "No need to get snappy! If you're not gonna bother with formalities then I'd just throw you in and see how you do...Bah, look what you've made me done, now I've gotten ahead of myself."

    Niks clears his throat before continuing"Ahem, as you may well know, this is Knax, and he's the source of all this trouble."

    "Now where do I start..." He pauses to gather his thoughts:"I suppose I shall begin with his apprenticeship. Knax was a promising individual when I spotted him, very creative, very intelligent. So I took him under my tutelage and taught him the fine arts of magical item crafting."

    "He has approached the end of his training and for his final task, I have ordered him to come up with something of his own, something to impress me with..."


    He draws out a bag from a leather pouch that he has on his waist. A large glowing rune can be seen on the bag, but it seems to be burning away. Wisps of smoke rise from the edges as an invisible force seems to be eating away at the rune.

    "And this was what he made..." he said. A huge frown appears on his face, his eyebrows drawn together. "Fine craftsmanship, very ambitious enchantments..."

    "But something went very wrong...You see, young Knax here wanted to improve upon the common, everyday Bag of Holding. It was supposed to seal itself when it detected malicious intent, pocket-thief proof. Made it fire-proof, water-proof, durable as leather. Items you put in would shrink as you shove them through the opening! That was a particular bit of brilliance, you can't put bigger items in normal Bags of Holdings. "

    "But magic is a tricky thing, too much of it and they start producing feedback...makes things work differently. Only a true master would be able to put more than a dozen spells on one item and not have it blow up, even I can only put four or five with relative confidence. And Knax doesn't know how to counter-act the feedback's effects and this is where things got nasty. He wanted to have more storage space, double it by having another pocket dimension to access."

    "Instead, a portal was opened within the bag, a portal to who-knows-where, really, but demons are swarming through it!"
    Niks looks back up towards the party. "And this is where you come in, I need someone to venture in and fix it. I could not do it alone, their numbers are many. Also, the deteriorating rune you see on the bag is the only thing that's keeping it sealed, the demons are trying to break out from the inside."

    He swipes it off the table and stuffs it back in his pouch. "We must make haste, I have to return to my shop to reinforce the Sealing Rune. Before you make preperations, are there any questions that need answering?"

    OOC: How am I doing so far?
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th December, 2011, 01:21 AM
    2. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 04:31 PM
    3. Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 249
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th June, 2011, 04:14 PM
    4. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •